***The Toys Are Back In Town - Day 15 ***

The Cast
Me - Steve 36
DW - Julie 32
DD1 - Kimberley 16
DD2 - Kiera 9
DD3 - Skye 3

Day 15 11th July Busch Gardens

Sorry there isn't much photos as I was using the Sony HD camcorder and this netbook cant cope with HD video so cant grab stills from the video.

Anyway... :pop:

Next on our agenda was a trip to Busch Gardens, we leave the Holiday Inn Clearwater at 9.30am and arrive at Busch Gardens around 10.20am though it should have been quicker but my friendly co pilot sat nag added a 10 mile diversion on leaving Clearwater via Sand Key

The park entrance looked at bit busy but we wasn’t concerned as we had already pre purchased unlimited quick queue for the day.

It took us around 20 minutes just to get into the park but to be honest the crowd level in the park wasn’t that busy.

On entering we headed straight to the Zagora Cafe to buy some breakfast but they had stopped serving breakfast so we had to settle for an early lunch.

With the fuel tanks filled we head for Sesame Street, whilst Skye is busy here Julie, Kimberley and Kiera head over to Sheikra.

Skye & I meet up with the rest of family and head for the Tanganyika Tidal Wave where we all get a good soaking as we ride several times in a row sitting in the front row.

Since Skye is a small squirt she has to settle to play about in the splash zone but to be honest I think she was having more fun than us.

After Tanganyika Tidal wave Kiera & I ride the Stanley Falls log flume before jumping on Sheikra.

With Sheikra in the bag we head to the Congo River Rapids where Skye & I get rid of a few quarters using the water cannons on rafts below whilst Julie and the girls take the plunge and make sure they are not drying out.

Direct hit on the girls

We soon make a swift escape from the Congo River Rapids just in case the people we soaked with the cannons catch up with us especially the guy with the big afro that didn’t looked too pleased that we gave him and his mountain of hair a good soaking: D

Next on the list was Kumba, omg this thing is wild on the back row and the noise is unbelievable to the point it almost hurts.

Next on the hit parade was the small kiddie rides so Skye could have some action instead of watching us bigger kids having all the fun.

Whilst I entertain Skye my other half drags the other 2 girls on to the Phoenix but I think that was a mistake as you probably could hear the screams back in the UK.

With Skye happy to move on and the rest of us getting bored of the carousel we head over to Montu where we ride several times in quick succession.

The clouds were beginning to threaten rain and sure enough the rain started to come down but it was only a passing shower so we headed to Gwazi.

On arriving at Gwazi we (Kimberley Kiera & I) couldn’t decide if we really wanted to ride or not as these old woodies can be a real eye opener

We end up riding Tiger but to be honest I knew it was a mistake as soon as we made the first turn. Gwazi is the only ride in Florida that I wish would end sooner.

On leaving Gwazi we make sure we pick up our belongings and teeth and head to meet up with Julie and Skye. With the time now approaching 4.10pm we decide to head back to Orlando.

We leave Busch Gardens at 4.25pm and arrive back at Blue Heron at .5.35pm as the I4 traffic was pretty light though my foot may have been heavy on the accelerator.

During the evening I noted that Skye’s Volo Stroller isn’t in the car and wasn’t in any of the rooms…It turns out I must of folded the stroller down but failed to put it in the boot and drove off leaving it in Busch Garden’s car park somehow.

It’s was Kiera’s old stroller so we weren’t that bothered apart from the fact we had to go buy a cheap $25 stroller from Wal-Mart .

The rest of the evening was spent chilling in the resort pool before rain stopped play at around 8pm so we grabbed a coffee from Starbucks and Pizza from CiCi’s who are both located at the resort complex and settled down and watched a movie.

Edited at 07:48 PM.
Kimber03 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 10, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Great day at Busch, Gwazi is certainly one i wish they would get rid of too! You feel like you've left your head in the car park!
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 10, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post

looks like a great day. thanks for sharing
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 10, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post

We love BG apart from Gwazi! Jack says he thought it was trying to shake his brains out which is a pretty good description of the ride I think!

xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 10, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

BG is my favourite park since Gavin got over his coaster fear!
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 10, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Ahem Sat Nag Steve

another fab read, tried Busch Gardens twice and both times it has chucked it down, 3rd time lucky with this trip we hope!
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 10, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
KATIEMAC
Apprentice Imagineer

Great report - know the feeling about the stroller I left DD's in the car rental area in Palma Airport a few years ago - had a week of having to carry her

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
2009 Villa, Clearwater and POR / 2011 Villa Lake Berkley 2013 Townhouse Lake Berkley 2016 New York - Nashville - Memphis - Tampa - Universal Studios
2017 NYC, 2018 NYC
KATIEMAC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 10, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
thewatsons
Apprentice Imagineer

nice one
Four Corners 2014 H27
Highlands Reserve 2019 H27
thewatsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 10, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Great Day!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 10, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great day at Bush Gardens - really enjoyed our visit last year.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List