Old 31 Aug 10, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Alison
Excited about Disney

Alison's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Jaws Bites Back Day 6 - Typhoon Lagoon

Monday 17th August 2009

No photos today – the camera is still drying out!

We were having a waterpark day today – another first for us! We made toast for breakfast and then got changed into cossies and put on loads of suncream. As I got changed, I realised the strap of my costume had worn right through – I’d only worn it twice! Bit disappointed as I’d only brought the one with me but decided to go anyway and see if there were any that fitted me in the shop.

We arrived at Typhoon Lagoon about 8.45 – it’s 93° today. Went straight to the shop and they had several costumes, I could choose from so I felt a bit better.

The park was pretty empty! We got loungers by the board school and then headed off to explore. As soon as Stephen saw the wave pool with the 6’ waves, there was no moving him on, so we spent some time doing that. In fact, the park was so empty we could just wander; doing whatever caught our eye without worrying too much about queues.

First up was Humunga Cowabunga – Stephen was up the steps before we could turn round and whizzed straight down and then was off for another go! Nigel just did it the once – bit of a wedgie!

Then the boys went on the Storm Slides and we walked round to Gangplank Falls and did the family raft ride. Great fun – very fast and we got absolutely drenched; well, we were wet already but you get the picture! Then they did the other two raft rides and then went off to the Shark Reef to snorkel with the fish.

We really were unprepared for today, not knowing much about the rides. As we rounded a corner, we came upon the path for Crush ‘n’ Gusher! Fortunately, it only had a five minute wait, so the boys whizzed down, getting a great Photopass picture in the process.

Time for a break and lots more suncream. We picked up some doughnuts and went back to our base for a drink, stopping off for a quick photo with Stitch on the way. Then we went to the Lazy River – what a palaver, trying to get into a ring! Managed it in the end, though and really enjoyed drifting around. The lens fell out of my sunglasses though – M&S are not in my good books this holiday!

Stephen really wanted to go back in the wave pool, so we spent ages in there, finishing off with a Photopass photo as the huge wave broke. Then Stephen scraped his back as he fell – he was OK but had had enough so we went back home for lunch – just sandwiches – and then Stephen went on the computer while we fell asleep!

Nigel’s camera seemed to be showing signs of life – hurray! Hopefully another half day would do it. We decided to go to Walmart where we bought tshirts and trainers as well as some scrapbooking bits. Stephen was a bit bored by this so we promised we’d go out later for Crazy Golf.

We decided on TGIs for supper, Stephen had chicken fingers, Nigel had chicken with Jack Daniels glaze and I had steak and mash with the same glaze. Delicious. I also had a sneaky margarita – at $4, it would have been silly not to! Stephen was the only one with room for pudding – he had Dirt and Worms, but wasn’t keen.

Headed off to play Crazy Golf on the 192 – it was a really fun evening and the place was full of Brits! I even managed to get a hole in one! Nigel won in the end … but only just. It wasn’t that well signposted though – on hole 5, we ended up playing hole 18 by mistake and, once you’ve potted your ball in the last hole, you don’t get it back! So Nigel’s ball was gone! Fortunately, we found a spare in a bush!

Back to the villa for drinks and a DVD evening – need to be up early tomorrow and hopefully the camera will be working again!

See day 7 here!

Edited at 10:46 PM.
Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 10, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Hope Stephen is not too sore from the wave pool. I must say I have heard of more scrapes from this pool, it is putting me off.
Old 1 Sep 10, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Alison
Excited about Disney

Alison's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
It didn't put him off too much, Joanne - he wanted to go back again!
Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 10, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Great day. Those waves are just awesome!

Hope we get some pics tomorrow
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List