Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 18 Sep 10, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Going solo - East Coast/West Coast Adventure - Day 3

Day 3 – Hollywood

Woke up around 6:30pm as I had to be at the Amtrak 15 minutes before my 8:06am train to LA, checked out of the hotel, and asked them to call me a cab to take me to the train station…. a 12 seater limo turned up! Shocked is an understatement *lol* Everyone was looking at me as I rocked up at the Amtrak station in a limo!

Anaheim Amtrak station

Collected my ticket and the train arrived on time so was soon on my way to Hollywood, the journey took around 50 minutes and I was soon exiting Union Station in a taxi to take me to my hotel, the Hollywood Roosevelt. Arrived at the hotel around 10:30am, it is very swish, quite art deco inside with a massive ornate lobby at the front, and a smaller lobby at the back. Al the staff look like and probably are, out of work actors/models, but they were all very nice. A major plus point for the Roosevelt was that they had a room ready straightaway for me, even though their stated check-in time was 3pm and I was way earlier than that! I don’t think I would stay here again though if I ever went back to Hollywood, I didn’t spot any celebrities but I did encounter lots of people who thought they were! Very pretentious clientele.

Dumped my stuff in the room and tipped the HOT bell boy who brought up my suitcase $5 just for being so darned good looking , freshened up and then hit the sightseeing trail. The Roosevelt is situated on Hollywood Blvd, opposite the Kodak Theatre, Manns Chinese theatre and the Walk of Fame, so very close to the major Hollywood tourist sights. I bought a ticket for the Hop on Hop off bus tour and jumped on board, the weather had started out a bit grey and chilly but it soon warmed up to around 85 degrees and I managed to get a tan (and sunburn my nose!) whilst sitting on the top deck of the bus. I saw all the major sights:

Manns Chinese Theatre

Paramount Studios

Rodeo Drive

Sunset Blvd

Beverly Hills sign

La Brea Tar Pits

Harry Winston Diamonds, Rodeo Drive (a girl can dream!)

The tour took around 2 hours, I didn’t get off anywhere, and then after it dropped us back at the starting point (Hollywood and Highland Centre) I checked out the shops and got something to eat. I took my purchases back to the hotel then went over to the Kodak Theatre to buy a ticket for the last tour of the day. It was great to see inside the building but unfortunately you aren’t allowed to take any pics inside so no pics of this. I would recommend it though.

Went and got some food, chilled at the hotel for a bit then went to see a movie at the Manns Chinese Theatre, the new Paul Walker film, Takers. Then it was back to the hotel for a semi early night as I am leaving for Las Vegas tomorrow to meet my friends and celebrate a 40th birthday!

Edited at 12:32 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 10, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I love doing bus tours, such a great way to see places

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 10, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
A whirlwind day starting off in style in a limo all to yourself!

You've managed to fit so much into this trip so far ... I've scanned through your Vegas days too and that seemed like one big party for your 40th ... hoping to plan something similar for next year so thanks for your trippie it's been a wealth of info and thanks for sharing your fun times ... hope you manage to return and visit Oz too soon!. x
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List