Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Oct 10, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Is this a Ride? - Day 2 - Change of Plan (already)!

Cast:
Me – Kerry, 32, Love everything about Disney, driver and assistant chief planner
DH – Lee, 32, Chief Organiser, Loves everything about Florida and co-driver
DS – Jacob, 2 ½ , 2nd visit to Florida and the most important person on the trip!
DD – Dave (dad), old, First visit to Florida and not really sure what to expect
DD – Dick (lee’s dad), 57, Been to Florida a few times but looking forward to his first trip with his grandson
DM – Sue (lee’s mum), 55, All the same reasons as Dick, got to take it easy after her operation.

The original plan was to relax in the morning, do some shopping at Super Target then visit Future World at Epcot. However, with yesterday’s unexpected events we decided to give the Epcot part a miss.

As expected despite the lack of sleep and going to bed after 1am, we were still up at 4.30am! Jacob faired a little better and got to 5.30am. Lee and I unpacked and watched a bit of TV, mainly adverts (I don’t miss US TV).

A few pictures of us up and about at 5.30am, watching the sunrise over the lake

The rest of the group was up and about around 7ish. We explored the house and had a good look round. It was a lovely morning. This was the view we had when opening the blinds in our bedroom.

Jacob wanted to go for a swim so Lee took him in and he loved it, Jacob thought it was good as well .

While the boys were in the pool, I called ‘Randys’ the company who my Dad was hiring the mobility scooter from. The arrangement was to give them a call and they would come to the villa and deliver the scooter. The service we received was superb and the scooter was delivered within the hour. Full training was given to my Dad (basically turn the key ) I would highly recommend Randy’s.

We all had showers and went out to the Golden Corral for breakfast. We used the one on the old Watermania site, opposite Celebration. We have been here on previous trips and although food quality isn’t magnificent, they have just about every food on the planet available. Which means everyone would be happy and @ $8 per adult you can’t really complain. Unfortunately I haven’t noted down what everyone had, probably because I would have run out of paper trying to list the food my Dad had. For a man who claimed he didn’t each much he certainly did ok (this trend continued throughout the holiday).

After breakfast we travelled back up the 192 to the new(ish) Super Target. The temperature was already into the 90’s and it wasn’t even 11am yet. We pulled into the Super Target space and the car park was almost the size of the one at Animal Kingdom, to be fair the shop wasn’t much smaller!

We picked up essentials, such as nappies for Jacob, bread, milk, sugar and Beer for my Dad and Dick. We browsed at other items, comparing prices to back home. To be honest, I found most prices to be very similar to back home, especially electrical items. Lee did manage to pick up a pair of shorts for $3, so that was a bargain.

We got back to the Villa at around lunchtime. This was probably the first time we drove through Sunset Lakes fully awake and it didn’t disappoint, it was lovely quiet community in an excellent location. The park near the entrance gates is ideal for under 5’s (if you get time ), the lake is lovely and we really did feel at home right from day 1.

The boys went in the pool again, Jacob loved it. After a quick swim, Lee and Jacob explored the games room. Unfortunately, since coming home I have realised I didn’t take any pictures of them in there, which is annoying as Jacob loved it. Especially the Air Hockey Table. In fact it was very hard to get him out of there. We had to turn off the lights and tell him it was closed The games room was also the garage, so it was really hot in there (like a sauna), although the owners are having air-con fitted in there this month so that won’t be a problem anymore.

Jacob with grandad (Dick) in the pool

The rest of the afternoon was spent resting and snoozing (inside and out). Lee managed to find Man Utd vs Rangers on the TV but it was an awful game, so helped most people fall asleep. He also checked the Coventry City score for his Dad and Dick wasn’t too happy when he found out they lost 2-1 at home to Preston.

We decided our first meal out would be at the Outback Steakhouse @ Formosa Gardens. This has been a favourite on previous trips.

We arrived around 5.30pm and as expected it was fairly quiet. Despite my best intentions I forgot to take photos of our food (don’t worry I remember every other day – kind of ).
Here is what everyone had
Dick – Pork Tenderloins & Bud
Lee – Parmesan Pasta & Chicken & Coke
Jacob – Chicken Strips & Pink Lemonade
Sue – Outback Special 6oz Sirloin with Jacket Potato & Sprite (no ice J)
Kerry – Alice Springs chicken & Cherry Coke (very nice)
Dad – Outback Special 6 oz Sirloin with House Salad & Fosters

All dinners were polished off, well apart from my Dad who put a little too much sea salt on his. Only Dick and Jacob had desserts, to be fair Lee ate Jacob’s. Dick had New York Cheesecake and Jacob had a spotted dog off the kid’s menu although Lee did confuse our server when he asked for a ‘Spotted Dick’

Bill was $110 inclusive of tip (automatically added as we were a party of 6). We then decided to walk off some of the dinner by walking round the Jungle Golf, which was closed.

Then back home just before dark, for some more air hockey, pool and table tennis. Everyone in bed between 9 and 10pm in preparation, for our day at Magic Kingdom tomorrow.
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 10, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
anfield05
Imagineer

anfield05's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
a lovely day xx
HILTON BONNET CREEK MARCH 2014
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE SEPTEMBER 2017
anfield05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 10, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
nice chilled out day, I love Super Target.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 10, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mazzie
Imagineer

mazzie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
American TV does seem to be lots of adverts doesnt it! You mention your dad needing a scooter - I expect the trip over to try and catch your connection in Newark was not an easy one for him if he needs a scooter

Looking forward to reading more.

Edited to say just read your pre-trip and see your dad has MS, my mum does too, its not always easy.

Edited at 12:29 AM.
mazzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 10, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
hel1304
Imagineer

hel1304's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What a nice day you had - just what you needed after the long journey day
Old 5 Oct 10, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
A good start on your first day, lovely views from your villa its so nice overlooking a lake.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 10, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Lovely relaxing first day. Jacob looks like he loves the pool.
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 10, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
nice relaxing first day
Old 5 Oct 10, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
A lovely first day, Jacob looks so happy and very wide awake ... probably more so than the adults lol
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 10, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Lovely day. I am from Coventry, left about 15 years ago I still check the City football scores and am regularly disappointed so I know how Dad and Dick feel..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List