Old 12 Oct 10, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
From NY to LA - Day 18 - Disneyland

14th September 2010

Decided to get some breakfast from the free "buffet" by the pool. The choice was cereal and toast! It was awful! Big queue for toast too! Didn't bother. The kids didn't have a good night's sleep. DD was too warm as the air conditioning unit was in our room and DS couldn't sleep because his air conditioning was too noisy!

We got to the park at 10:15. It was a bit busier than California adventure yesterday but still all the queues were between 10-15 mins. The park had started to put up its Halloween decorations and some of the rides were closed because of this (as was Toy Story yesterday )

Here's the area between the parks:

Everytime we have gone to Florida DS has always had his photo taken with Donald. The first time he was 20 months and he's been to Florida 6 times and Disneyland twice. The last time we came here we couldn't find him. This time there was a massive queue - so we cheated!

In this pic you can see some of the decoration - and also just make out the piddly castle at the end of the street!

This was closed:

One of the first rides we went on was Indiana Jones. The queueing are is massive! So glad we just walked right passed most of it to queue for the last bit - about 15 mins.

DH was also taking every opportunity to get his last 3 coins! In the end I started taking pics of him! lol

We went on Splash mountain. It should be renamed Tsunami summit! I thought I was wet yesterday - this time it was like having buckets of water thrown over me. I had to go into the nearby toilets to dry off - ot I thought I would but there were no dryers only paper towels Luckily I had the foresight to put a spare pair of pants in my bag... should have put the shorts and T shirt in too! I had to take my shorts off and ring them out in the loo and put them back on again Not pleasant! We went to dry off by sitting in the sun and having an early lunch. Lovely salads.

The next ride Thunder mountain was only a 5 min ride - I hate queueing for this one so I was glad hardly a queue.

I'm a quality manager and I was very impressed with all these signs around the place lol!

It's a Small World is a bit different as you start outside - still no Wales though - even though they have England, Scotland and Ireland.

We went to Toontown this time and the sky was so blue and the colours so vivid it looked like a scene from the Truman show!

We did loads of other rides and attractions including Pirates, Roger Rabbit, The Matterhorn, Finding Nemo and then went to Innoventions. This was a bit old hat now - but DS enjoyed the games upstairs - and beating little kids on Guitar Hero!

Even the old man got in on the act!

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 10, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
Continued ...

We went on Buzz Lightyear next and when we came out Buzz and the talking trash can were trying to have a dance off with some kids - very funny!

We went for a look around the castle while DH pestered another CN to check their quarters!

Then DD and I saw these while walking down Main Street

So we bought some and went to find a hiding place to eat them!

Doh! We were caught!

After a visit to this lovely CM - DH was just down to 1 missing quarter - New Jersey!

DH and DS wanted to go back into California Adventure to go on a few more rides - but DD and I decided to go shopping in DTD. I still had some Jim Shore Disney Traditions to buy! We bought a few things there and got 2 lovely Christmas ornaments. One was Pooh with a sack of presents and the other was Chip and Dale decorating a snowman in the shape of Mickey. We had a sit down for a coffee outside and listened to the music.

When we all met up later we got ready and headed out for the last but one family meal quest! The Outback Blooming Onion!

We had a lovely meal here - beautiful steaks. Then too soon it was back to the hotel to pack and get ready for going home tomorrow

Edited at 01:09 AM.
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 10, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I really like the look of Disneyland, even the tiny Castle. Can't wait to find out if your DH finds the last Quarter.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 10, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

so sad,this report,is coming to the end
i have thoroughly enjoyed,reading all about your trip & i am definately pinching the quarter hunt,for my grandaughter.she loves things like that.
tracy
Old 12 Oct 10, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
Thanks Tracy! I've enjoyed writing them up

Jo - not long to wait! lolol

Old 6 Nov 10, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
fastboysam
Trainee Dibber

Aaaw the diddy wee castle so cute never seen a pic in perspective like that before.

Brilliant blue skies and a great day all round really.

Loving the quarters collections mission
Old 29 Jan 11, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Disneyland looks lovely, it's def on my wish list of places to visit
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 11, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
great report and pics
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 11, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Bit late to the party, but I have really enjoyed reading this too. It's given me plenty of food for thought in doing a family road trip when my twins are a bit older.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 11, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Another great day!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List