Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What are you wearing to the Airport - DAY 1

Travel to the Airport DAY 1 – SATURDAY 4th SEPTEMBER 2010

Me and Him

Today is the day! After 6 months planning, saving and praying that strikes, volcanoes and god knows what else can manage to be avoided for the duration we are as ready as we can be. The packing was started and finished yesterday, just a few last minutes bits and pieces to throw in.

Yesterday was Michael’s birthday, and although we are holding off on celebrations until we get to the Sunshine State, we had been out for a lovely meal and a nice bottle of fizz

We are both up before 6am and I ponder that if we wake up at the same time in Florida it will be 1am in the morning. Oh well I’ve got butterflies in my tummy and I feel a bit sick, I’m always the same.

Laura (DD) Antz and Baby Grace are coming to stay at the farm for the first week whilst we are away and I can’t wait for their arrival this morning. They are going to be dog sitting for the dog that we are dog sitting for They are only staying for one week and we are away for three – good luck mutt

First things first we are off to Weight Watchers – I am delighted to see that I’ve hit my first target! Let’s see what I manage to do with that in 3 weeks!

We arrive back home to find the kids are there, it’s lovely to see them all, almost makes me wish I wasn’t going as I love to spend time with them all. At 12, we all go out and enjoy a lovely lunch together, little Grace sleeps the whole way through bless her!

At home before we leave

So without further ado, we get throw everything in the car, do online check in ... still no decent UC upgrades - £4,000 ! I don’t think so LOL . Final check of all documents (this ritual is performed about 50 times! ) and we are off

We arrive at the Crowne Plaza Heathrow around 3pm, we are delighted to see we have been upgraded to a Club Room, we have stayed here quite a few times and have always thought the club lounge was worth paying extra for the drinks and food that is put out each evening. We would have paid to upgrade, but Michael usually gets given upgrades because of his Hol Inn Priority Club membership. Result!

We unpack a few bits and pieces – no Twilight check in at Heathrow, I can’t say that I’m particularly bothered about that. Within 20 minutes we have headed to the bar and relax with a nice cocktail each whilst chatting like giddy school kids about the holiday.

The Club Lounge drinks and canapés come out around 6pm, and feeling peckish we were there at 6pm. We waited and waited, the beer fridge was open but I didn’t want beer, one bottle of wine was already empty, 6.30pm Crisps and Nuts appeared then nothing. We were both hungry and we had bought food from M&S on the way down, so we went back to the room and had some food and then back to the club lounge. Eventually the champagne came out, and we were served all be it begrudgingly along with one plate of 4 small canapés between two of us, I really felt like we were imposing. The lounge was fairly full and everyone had to wait or queue. A guy that asked Oliver Twist style ‘please sir can I have some more’ was told no! I was pleased we hadn’t paid for this; I don’t think we will rush back here again. I hate to feel awkward.

We played cards and chatted for an hour or so

The Crowne Plaza Hotel - Heathrow

Checked online UC prices again – now £6,000 each – well it was way out of our league before now it’s so far out of our league I can’t even comprehend LOL!

We were in bed by 9pm watching a teeny tiny TV with a snowy picture and a choice of very basic channels – I made Michael start watching Notting Hill till I remembered how dire it was LOL

Time for sleep – roll on tomorrow
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 10, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
happy08
Apprentice Imagineer

Well done on reaching your weight target A great start and waiting for more

WDW - April 2008 (AS MOVIES), October 2008 (Renaissance), July 2011 - 3 weeks (AKL, HRH), August 2013 - 3.5 weeks (OKW, LRP, Renaissance), August 2015 (CBR). October 2015 (HRH), Aug 2017 (YC, LRP), July 2019 (AKL + LRP), February 2020 (AS MUSIC)
happy08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 10, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Congrats on reaching your goal weight its a great feeling! Lol what a cheek at the Club Lounge.
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 10, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Well done on reaching your goal

What a shame about the service in the hotel lounge though.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 10, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post

great start
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 10, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 10, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Great start - love how you've done your photos .
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 10, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
thewatsons
Apprentice Imagineer

nice start
Four Corners 2014 H27
Highlands Reserve 2019 H27
thewatsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 10, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great start well done on getting to your target weight.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 10, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great start
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List