sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
The Woods Wonderful WDW Hol Nov 2010 Day 2 The Flight

The Woods Wonderful Walt Disney World Holiday November 2010
Day 2 Travel to Orlando

Trip index
Have you seen that advertisement of the family who are going to Florida, and can’t sleep as the want to get going? well that was us last night….Today is the 3rd November, the weather outside is bright and sunny, but just 8C. I woke at 2.30am, and felt ok, but forced myself back to sleep and at 5.00am I couldn’t make myself stay in bed, I was just too excited. No one but me is awake, and I make myself a cup of coffee. We don’t fly until 1pm this afternoon, so I leave everyone to sleep. We are not planning on checking out until 8.30, so a nice relaxing morning it is what we are hoping for.

It sort of feels surreal, like I am dreaming, having never flown as a family before, I am very excited. Yesterday’s nerves have diminished and brighter light warm and fluffy feeling is there instead. I decided whilst it was quiet to have a sock in the bath, which turned into and a hour, and yes I did look like a prune….

At 6.30 Charlotte started to stir, and I gave Max a nudge. They watched c beeies for an hour before I decided to get them ready, Nick followed closely and after getting dressed went down stairs to have a crafty cigarette, the last one before we get to Orlando.

By 8.30am we were all ready and through pure excited decided to leave and make our way over to the airport.

Security was very fast, and all through in 5 minutes, very impressed. After we had all sorted we made our way to Frankie and Benny’s for Breakfast, tripping over Trunki’s and children. I must say as good as they look, the Trunki’s that is, there a blooming nightmare, my opinion anyway.

Sorry there are no breakfast photos’ as by the time a remembered we had eaten half of it, but bear with me there are many to come. Nick had, the New England breakfast which consisted of 2 eggs, 2 sausage, 2 bacon, breakfast potatoes, beans, mushrooms and tomatoes. Washed down with a double espresso. Mine was the traditional breakfast and was 2 bacon, egg, mushrooms, and breakfast potatoes, and orange juice. Beth and Brandan both had breakfast burger, and they only managed half each, so they could have done with sharing one, Beth also had a hot chocolate, and Brandan Coke. The little ones had four items but not sure what they were, but did very well all the same. Bill was around £55.00 give or take a few pence.

Suitably stuffed, we headed to duty free, as I wanted to get myself some more perfume. I opted for Vera Wang and Nick just had 200 cigarettes. We also got Beth a few snacks for the journey as she does not like normal food; anything with a sauce, veg, and fruit is a no go.

At 11.45 we headed to the main board to wait for information on which gate we needed. Jan and Jill, (Dismum) rang me and we met up briefly before heading to the gate, who were both lovely. When it eventually showed, we made our way to gate 17, and once they had checked our passports and boarding cards we sat and waited. I took some photos of the plane, who was English Rose. Charlotte was a little anxious, but I reassure her, telling her everything is fine.

We departed 30 minutes late at 1.30pm, and I feel all sort it jittery inside, just nerves having not flown for some years. Both Max and Charlotte have a hand of mine each, sort of making it difficult to hold the camcorder but we manage. Once we reach a certain altitude the seat belt signs go out and I begin to feel much calmer.

Within 30 minutes they served us pretzels and drinks.

Not long after this lunch was served. Max and Charlotte recieved theirs first and it was pasta, which they both did well with.
Brandan and I had sweet and sour chicken, and were both pleasantly surprised how nice it was, also had a small chicken salad and a Gu pudding, which was very rich.
Nick and Beth had sausage and mash, Nick enjoyed his and Beth ate a little.

Not long after the seat belt signs were turned on for a little while, as we hit a bit of turbulence, and it didn’t last too long. However, as it started, I was on the toilet, I’ll tell you, not a good thing, if you have experienced this, you know what I mean

I didn’t really watch a film but enjoyed looking at the sky map, the children were all fantastic on the flight, and were no trouble at all. Max and Charlotte made us laugh with the toilet flush, they hated the noise and tried to get out of the door each time you were about to flush…

About 5 hours into the journey they served us drinks and an ice-cream, which went down a treat, and the children played musical chairs for a while, as they were getting bored, and Charlotte came to sit with me and Max for a while. Max had a sleep for a few hours, and woke in a great mood.

Cont below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2540.jpg
Views:	6939
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	27780   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2543.jpg
Views:	6913
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	27781   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2547.jpg
Views:	6940
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	27782   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2549.jpg
Views:	6916
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	27783   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2551.jpg
Views:	6896
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	27784  

Name:	IMG_2539.jpg
Views:	6916
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	27785   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2530.jpg
Views:	6918
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	27786   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2558.jpg
Views:	8638
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	27787   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2560.jpg
Views:	8617
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	27788   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2563.jpg
Views:	8646
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	27789  

Name:	IMG_2561.jpg
Views:	8628
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	27790   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2567.jpg
Views:	6893
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	27791   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2565.jpg
Views:	6889
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	27792   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2577.jpg
Views:	5952
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	27793   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2578.jpg
Views:	5971
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	27794  

Name:	IMG_2579.jpg
Views:	4272
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	27795   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2580.jpg
Views:	4270
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	27796   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2581.jpg
Views:	4295
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	27797   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2582.jpg
Views:	4269
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	27798   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2583.jpg
Views:	4267
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	27799  

Name:	IMG_2584.jpg
Views:	4254
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	27800  

Edited at 08:45 PM.
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 10, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Cont from above
They brought round the children's sandwiches first, and neither of them liked them, so just ate the mini cheddars. Ours was quite nice, coronation chicken.

Before we know it we were approaching MCO. The skies were very dark, and as we touched down and an almighty downpour started. We landed just 20 minutes later, so the captain had made up 10 minutes.

We waited to get our belongings out of the overhead compartment and because of the sea of people ended up been the 2nd to last off the plane. This also meant we were nearly the last ones in the line for immigration. When it was our turn, we had a lovely immigration officer who made us all laugh, and even let us into the country… pheww.

Because we were last, all our cases were happily doing the rounds on the carousel. We opted for the 2nd bag drop, and made our way to the train. Once off we made our way to 8A to collect our luggage. OMG how long, it took an age, and then we got lost trying to find Magical Express. Eventually we found out way, and soon on the bus. It was another 20 minutes before the bus left and the little ones had fallen to sleep as it was quite late on for them now.

When we arrived at OKW, Charlotte was crying, and continued all the way through check in, infact she winged a lot throughout the holiday. Whist we were checking we noticed the booking information was incorrect. It was showing just the DDP when we had upgraded to DDDP. There was nothing we could do tonight, and it was now 9.30pm, and office was closed where she needed to speak to someone.

Bell services took us, our luggage, and the garden grocer order to building 42, room 4212. OMG it was beautiful and so big. Our memories by Besty baskets were waiting in the room, and I handed them to everyone. Everyone was really happy apart from Charlotte who was so tired she just wasn’t interested.

I got the children all sorted for bed, and I began un-packing, I think the clock said 11.55pm before I climbed into bed, I know , I know, not sure where the time went, I was shattered.

Total spends for today:
£167.00 roughly
$45.00

Thanks for reading along xx

Now if you would like to live the moment with us click the link below

Edited at 08:47 PM.
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 10, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
chinkyboy
slightly serious Dibber

chinkyboy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
looking forward to the rest of your trippies,glad the flight went so well.
chinkyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 10, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Froggy88
Imagineer

I love that picture of Charlotte looking fed up. It made me laugh sorry I'm mean
Froggy88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 10, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
RT7
Imagineer

The baskets look lovely.
Old 21 Nov 10, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Awww lovely video Sarah,can't wait for the rest! x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 10, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Diva
Imagineer

Just read your report and watched the video... had tears rolling down my face!
what a magical journey to Orlando x
WDW 2020 POR
Disney_Diva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 10, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeysquine
Excited about Disney

Just subscribed to your "You Tube" postings as I don't wanna miss out on everyones reaction to the holiday. It seems like everythings going smoothly for the time being

Was it all a bit daunting for Charlotte, Brandon seemed to do well seeing as he was a bit nervous earlier on in the year and Nick looked like he was loving every minute
Old 21 Nov 10, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Froggy88
Imagineer

You all looked knackered waiting for the monorail what time was it? Super dark~!
Froggy88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 10, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

I can't believe you have only been home 2 days and have put together that video, it's brilliant you all look full of excitement! I'm glad the flight went well and the kids managed to entertain themself for a bit. Hope you got everything sorted out with your dddp.
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List