Old 14 Dec 10, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
Pig Flu, Planning & Beginners Luck! -May 09- Day 9

Day 9 – Change over and a VERY long day!

We had a bit of a lie in this morning (8am!) because Marty was picking us up at 9. Packing was very ill considered and it took a bit of frantic packing and re packing before we finally got in closed. ..just

Checking out was painless and we were waiting outside with the suitcases a good 15mins early. I spied the Universal guy through the window and gave him a cheery wave goodbye…he didn’t reciprocate.

Marty arrived on time and we were soon on our way. As we were now heading to Disney we got a different DVD with all his best Disney tips including some more photographs of random families (wonder if we’ll appear there one day!).

As it was still fairly early it didn’t take us long to arrive even though it felt like we past signposts for every resort but ours on the way. While Adam was helping to unload the suitcases and check them into the Bbggage hold I headed over to the main building. I thought the resort was stunning and knew I’d chosen well. On the way to reception I saw a bus for epcot pull up and I really wanted to jump on it but first things first, CHECK IN!

There wasn’t a large queue and there were plenty of people on the desks so we didn’t wait long, although I was thankful for the aircon, today was HOT HOT HOT! On getting to the front the lady explained to me where everything was on a map and told me that the rooms weren’t ready yet. I asked if we could have a mansion room and she gave us a room in Oak mansion which I was pleased about as I’d heard nice things about that section. It’s also fairly secluded but within easy walking distance of reception as it’s right by the bridge BINGO!

Resort cards in hand and bags secured we headed over to the bus stop just as a Magic Kingdom bus pulled in, it was tempting but we had plans for epcot today.

Arriving at Epcot I had butterflies in my stomach, my first Disney park, YAY!

We were there during the flower festival so everything was so pretty. First thing first a quick picture and a visit to guest services to pick up our “First visit” badge.

After spending some time hanging around in the central plaza I realised that Disney was a whole different beast to Universal, strollers EVERYWHERE!, kids EVERYWHERE this wasn’t good ☹

Realising it was 11.30 and that we better get a crack on we grabbed a fastpass for Test track before heading of to mission space. We opted for Orange but I was REALLY not looking forward to this. I don’t suffer from motion sickness but this thing had been so hyped up I was terrified, I nearly chewed the corner off my boarding card :p

We ended up in a pod with a nice couple from Washington who where really impressed by our accents. They wanted to know where we were from, so thinking the chances they would have heard of blackpool as second to none, I said Manchester. They’d heard of it and the guy kept asking if I knew people like Simon Cowell and the Beetles. At first I thought he was joking, but no, he really meant it. I suppose the rational is that England is so small we must know everyone!

I was the navigator and I’m pleased to say we arrived safely back to earth. I can safely say I won’t be doing that again. I felt like my teeth were going to explode, NOT GOOD!

Test track was next and we were glad of the fast pass as there was a large queue starting to form. Using the fast pass we missed most of the pre show until we reach the second level when the queue just stopped for 20mins, it had broken down, grrrr.

We started moving again only for it to break just as we were about to load, luckily this was only for a few mins and we were soon on our way. If I’m honest I don’t know what I expected from this ride, but it was what I thought and I left wondering why on earth I’d queued for 30mins for it if I’m honest, oh well NEMO next :P

I’ve just realised this is very wordy with very few photos, lots coming I promise :P

I really liked Nemo and loved looking at the aquarium at the end, especially the big turtle.

I noticed that Soarin was posting a short wait time so we headed over, despite all the kids the rides were empty today. I quite enjoyed this but think it probably has more relevance in California, here it felt a bit strange :/

By now it was after 1 and the heat was really starting to make me melt. I noticed some characters starting to gather inside near the shop and a queue forming so we walked (ran like nutters) to join it.. I’m glad we did because within the space of 15mins we ticked the following off our character meet list.

The main man himself

Characters in the bag we headed over to World Showcase for some grub. It was a good 6 hours since brekkie and Adam’s stomach was starting to take on a life of it’s own.

I was quite cruel though, I walked him past a good few fast foodie places before finally settling on the Parisian café with indoor seating (crucial as I couldn’t take any more of the heat!)

I went for a cheese and ham baguette, which was yummy, and Adam had some sort of pizza bread, not so yummy.

Bellies full we decided to do a very quick tour of World Showcase before heading back to the hotel for a break.

We didn’t get all that far as the heavens opened as we were halfway round. We ran for Minnie’s butterfly house for shelter.

The rain didn’t last long and we were soon out of the park and check into our room. Walking to the room was lovely, the grounds are simply stunning, I really liked our room too. Adam decided to go and explore while I showered and got ready, he must have been a while because I had a nice long nap too :p

continued in next post...

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW

Edited at 02:58 PM.
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 10, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
continued...

The plan was to head over to Epcot for 7ish to grab a quick dinner and then find a nice spot for the fireworks.

We arrived bang on time (pro planners that we are…well me anyway :P) just as the sun set for a nice picky or two

I quite fancied something from Mexico but Adam was having none of it, too sloppy apparently. Out of all the possible cuisines we could have had we ended up with hot dogs In my disgust I didn’t bother with a pic

We found a great little spot between Norway and Mexico to wait. While waiting I saw a stand selling Mexico Margaritas. I’d seen the flag patterned lovelies on a trip report and really wanted to try one (I was becoming a bit of a margarita addict!). Adam had the cash this evening but apparently they were too expensive THEY WERE THE SAME PRICE AS YESTERDAY! This was clearly revenge for last night so I though I’d sneak off and get one with my room card. I gave him a triumphant smile before marching off towards the kiosk. I got half way before realising I didn’t have any ID on me. I returned to a sniggering Adam. I never did get my Margarita ☹

The fireworks were definitely the best we saw at Disney. No pictures I’m afraid as Adam video the whole thing instead. Heading back to the exit I saw that it was only 10pm, the night was still young! Magic Kingdom had a late night until 12am tonight so off we went on the monorail.

On the monorail I caught my first real glimpse of the castle and started bouncing up and down like a loon.

We arrived during the wishes fireworks so Adam tried to get past it all and get on some rides while everyone was watching. We didn’t get very far, as soon as we got near the castle I stood sock still and burst into tears. It was so beautiful, everything I hoped it would be. Adam finally managed to drag me away and we managed to do a few of the smaller rides while everyone else was on main street. Following the fireworks things started to get a little busier so we headed over to frontier land to try out big thunder mountain, great ride but nowhere near as good as DLP.

It was nearly closing time now so we started to head towards the exit when I saw Cast Members setting up ropes along the walkway, A PARADE! We grabbed an iced lemonade and sat down to watch spectro magic…again blubbing like a loon.

Once the parade had past it really was time to head back, it was after midnight! But first a picky in front of the castle.

We both slept well that night :p

Day 10 - Animal Kingdom & Hollywood Studios >>>

June 15-Rome & Florence

Edited at 07:00 PM.
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 10, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
hikari_kamiya_
Proud to wear my Ears

can't wait to hear more!
Old 14 Dec 10, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ilovesnowwhite
Imagineer

A long day fillled with fun you did so much do you have any pictures of your room?
xx
Old 14 Dec 10, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

You had a great day at Epcot. The weather looked fantastic. Hope its like that when we go in May.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip.

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 10, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
no pictures sorry! Although Adam did video a little tour instead :/ I will say thought that it looked just like the ones on portorleans/ so it didn't disappoint.

The weather was glorious but I was soooooo hot! I should have appreciated it more though as it was the last sunny day of the holiday, things got A LOT worse from this point on (apart from a certain sparkly ring of course!)

June 15-Rome & Florence
Old 18 Dec 10, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
day 10 done http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show... php?p=5675500

June 15-Rome & Florence