Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Jun 11, 03:07 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Walmart... again? May 2011 - Day 4

Day 4 - Universal Studios - Fri 13/5

Alternatively titled - What was my locker number again? Day 2

I left this morning at 8.05 after yesterday’s trouble. I had forgotten how long it actually took to get from the car parks at Universal to the actual parks. I was in Universal by about 8:50/8.55, and had a look at Rip Ride Rockit, as this was new to me. I decided to do Shrek first though, the indoor rides seem to get so busy in the middle of the day, and for good reason in that heat! Shrek was very funny, even the pre-show was amusing with the pigs in boxes!

Once out of that, I went over to RRR to ride it. WOW! Loved this, being able to choose your music was brilliant – I chose Evanescence. I actually felt safer in these harnesses than the over the shoulder ones as there always seems to be that last click on the shoulder ones that is just out of reach so you feel horribly loose in the seat. (Or is that just me?!)

After RRR, I went to ride Revenge of the Mummy, another new one. I absolutely loved this too, I loved the films (well, the first 2 anyway!) and loved the little cameo by Brendan Fraser at the end.

I came off here and started walking towards my next must-do – The Simpsons. Again, great, funny storyline, however it did make me feel quite sick. I decided to do MIB next, not sure if this was here when I was last here but couldn’t remember it. I’d read in my guidebook about shooting the other car to make them spin, so I did this a few times! Finished with a score of 66250.

I had a visit to the Kwik-e-mart, then onto ET. I reckon they will remove this at some point in the near future, so wanted to ride it one last time! I checked my watch prior to going in, and was surprised to find that with all I’d done it was still only 11:15!

Once out I walked round to Twister going the long way, and saw a couple of familiar faces...

A quick visit to Twister showed it was still as pants as ever! They have this huge build up but the actual Twister bit is such a let-down! I then walked round to Richters for some lunch… The drinks machine there was very cool and I would have loved to have tried more (the strawberry/cherry sprite sounded yum) but I wanted to catch a show…

Onto Beetlejuice… where the title of this day’s report becomes apparent. The show was absolutely brilliant, I have never seen Beetlejuice (the film) but if you haven’t either, don’t worry! I loved the music and all the cast were great. Especially Dracula. Oh my. And I thought the Cullens were good looking…

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes… After coming out of the show I went to Disaster, which I had been on before but has changed. I wasn’t keen on the whole audience participation thing, but as with other shows, the guy running this was great! I thought the whole scene where we meet the director was brilliantly done, with the video and real life interaction.

After this I decided to brave Jaws. (The ‘brave’ part is pure sarcasm – this ride makes me laugh so hard as I don’t find it scary at all!) The boat driver was excellent however, and I did enjoy seeing other occupants of our boat get scared!

I walked round to go on the Mummy ride again, this time the single rider queue was open so I used that. I grabbed a frappuchino at Starbucks (whoever had the idea to put Starbucks in Universal Studios, I bow down to you…) and went to wait for Beetlejuice again. Purely because it was in the shade. Ahem.

I wanted to get the show on video, so I sat at the back so as not to disturb anyone with my camera. However, I did zoom in and out a few times, which, as I discovered when I got home, means the audio doesn’t record while you zoom. So I’m missing snippets of audio which is irritating, but never mind.

Another ride on the Mummy (I loved this ride!) followed by the umpteenth ‘what was my locker code again?’ moment – perhaps that should have been the report title?!? There were loads of school groups in the park today; luckily I didn’t end up on too many rides with lots of kids! I find they all pile on, desperate to be all cool in front of their peers and end up yelling and screaming at each other and ruining it for the rest of us.

About half of one of the groups I saw today!

I wanted to ride Rip Ride again so went to do that, I don’t remember what I listened to this ride. Then decided I needed to get out of the sun again so back to my favourite Dracula… I mean rock show. Sat closer to the front this time so I could get some pictures.

One last ride on the Mummy before I left the park around 5pm. Browsed the shops around Citywalk for a while, I was still debating buying a Harry Potter tee shirt but never did in the end.

Went back to the hotel to decide what to do that evening. While thinking, I became aware of a funny noise, I wasn’t sure what it was at first, until I opened the door. My notes simply say ‘BIG HUGE THUNDERSTORM’ and that is exactly what it was. I stood watching for a while, noticing a few other people coming out of their rooms to watch. It was all over within half an hour or so, and I’d decided just to take a drive along the 192 towards the Old Town.

I ended up at yet another Walmart – just can’t seem to get enough of them! I really did need a bigger bag, and looked at an Eeyore denim shoulder bag which was very cute, but I knew I probably wouldn’t use it once I was home. I ended up buying a small black bag, which is deceptively roomy!

On the way back to the hotel, I stopped and grabbed a Dominos – I work for them here so wanted to try the US version - it was quite tasty but I think ours is better!

Watched TV, had a shower, then saw about ½ of Clueless, then ended up watching another film until that finished at 2am… oops. Rest day tomorrow though!
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 11, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

So you enjoyed Beetlejuice then?

What a fab day, you managed to pack loads in. Can't wait to read more
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 11, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Great day... you managed to get on a few rides a couple of times
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 11, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
chris5117
Imagineer

We always visit Starbucks in Universal its a tradition lol

Chris, Lorraine, Molly & Zack
chris5117 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 11, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Fab day, naughty you staying up late! So easy to do though isn't it when theres a good film on! I agree Dracula is a bit of a babe, have to remember to make a beeline for it when we visit US! Looking forward to the next day!
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 11, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Sounds like a fantastic day! I do agree, the over the head restraints are always loose on me too! Can't wait to ride RRR myself
Old 21 Jun 11, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Great report, must go and see beetlejuice
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 11, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like a good day, and Dracula is deffo a good bit of eye candy! I can be up till all hours watching TV in the USA, i love how they have TV show marathons, last time i was there i was up till 2am watching a Jersey Shores back to back marathon!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 11, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Kenny_B
Excited about Disney

Another great day, good thing my mrs doesn't wanna see the beetlejuice show otherwise we'd be in there all day!
Old 21 Jun 11, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Another great read.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List