Old 7 Jul 11, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
February 2011 food report

Well here i go with my first food report. I have already written a trip report but this one is dedicated purely to the food photos! I know how much i like looking at everyone elses so hopefully some of you will enjoy looking at these! There were two of us on the trip, me, Abi and OH Aaron and i tried wherever possible to remember to take photos!

Well i suppose i should start with the airline food, after starting the holiday with a much needed Baileys (settles those flying nerves!) we both went for the chicken option, the dessert was a delicious Gu chocolate pudding! Yum... throughout the rest of the flight we were also given a choc ice and a corrination chicken sandwich!

Roll on 6pm and we were nearly ready for our ADR at Boma! We made a quick stop at the Animal Kingdom pool bar for a couple of cocktails. I had a Pina CoLava and Aaron had a Margarita his favourite tipple.

The Pina CoLava was A-Mazing while the Margarita was average.

After polishing the drinks off we made our way into Boma and headed for the buffet...

And then headed back for dessert!..

All very nice indeed, so nice in fact we went back for a second time later on in the holiday!

Early the next morning we were up and out of the hotel heading for EMH at Epcot, on arrival we decided we were peckish and purchased a HUGE yumyum from the stall jut before the entrance, it was abosolutely gorgeous.

A bit later in in the day we used a snack credit to have a Key Lime Pie from a quick service restaurant just outside Soarin'. It wasn't brilliant but it filled a hole!

After a hectic morning running from Soarin' to Test track and back again a few times we had worked up an appetite for lunch. We headed through International Gateway towards the Beach Club and waited in line for a table at Beaches and Cream. We didnt have to wait long, being a two we opted to sit at the counter.

We started off with a milkshake each, i had Butter Pecan and Aaron had Mint Chocolate Chip. Both were amazing, this turned out to be my favourite eating places of the holiday and the milkshake definately had something to do with that!

We then ordered the burger, again it was really nice, very fresh and we got to see them cooking it so that was fun!

Our next stop that evening was Raglan Road, we were given some Irish Soda Bread to start off

I then ordered a chicken dish (can't remember the exact name) while Aaron had the Marmalade glazed steak.

All very nice indeed! We would reccomend this place, it had a fab atmosphere and the food was delicious.

Edited at 09:01 AM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 11, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Continued...

The next morning we were boked in for our only Disney breakfast at Tusker House. I have to say i wasn't very impressed and if we weren't on the DDP i definately wouldn't pay $18.99 for the pleasure. A strange mix of food but the characters made up for the dissapointment!

When lunch time came round we headed for the Flame Tree BBQ. I had the Pulled Pork Sandwich with a chocolate mousse for pud and Aaron had the Ribs with a Key Lime Mousse for pud.

Both meals were very nice and much bigger portions than we had anticipated!

We were also made customer of the hour for wearing our Just Married badges and were given a Disney cupcake each - they were yummy!

Next stop - Whispering widerness cafe

I had booked an ADR here specifically so we could try the skillet! It didn't dissapoint. I started off procedings with w bubblegum milkshake - big mistake, it tasted like mouth wash

We then ordered the skillet for two! They brought out a side salad and some corn bread first which was nice, a bit cake like though.. I think i will have to try it somewhere else too because it wasn't what i was expecting.

Then the skillet arrived!

All in all a very good experience and we would definitely eat here again!

Next morning we are up bright and early to head to Typhoon Lagoon, we stopped at The Mara at Animal Kingdon Lodge to grab a quick breakfast, i had a Blueberry Muffin and Aaron had a Chocolate Chip Twist.

After a couple of hours in the wave pool we were ready for our lunch, we used another QS meal credit each and I had a chicken wrap with a cheesecake for dessert and Aaron had a Pulled Pork Sandwich with a cookie. Again the portions were huge!

Edited at 09:05 AM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 11, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Continued...

Next was our Fantasmic dining ADR at Mama Melrose!

We started with a loveley carafe of Sangria - I thought more Spanish than Italian but i could't resist!

I then had the Anti-pasta and Aaron had the Minestrone soup..

Followed by the Strip Steak for me and a Chicken Flatbread for Aaron..

And finally (to take away because we couldn't squeeze them in just yet) an Amaretti Cheesecake and a Chocolate Cake. We ate these on our way around the park

Onto Seaworld the next day and the only snack had was a hot dog just before we watched believe! It looks a bit unappetising but it wasn't too bad actually once it had some ketchup on!

After Seaworld we headed onto I drive in search of Chilli's one of Aaron favourites from our previous trip, it lived up to our expectations and is now definately on a list of firm favourites!

We shared a mixed appitiser consisting of wings, chicken strips and mozzarella dippers:

Then we both had the southern burger

Soooo good!

Next day we were off to Universal! The first treat of the day was a Reeces Pieces sundea!

Then for lunch we headed for the Hard Rock Cafe!

We shared the Nachos to start, last time we went i had these to myself and soon realised the error when we saw the size of the portion!

We both then had the same cheese & bacon burger which again was huge!

Another very nice meal

Later that night we headed into Downtown Disney for a famous Ghiradellis ice cream! We chose a caramel pecan sundea and it was good

We used another quick service meal to grab Fish and Chips from Cookes of Dublin, these were much better than expected!

Next day was Magic Kingdom. We headed to a quick service restaurant for lunch, i had a chicken wrap and Aaron had a burger both followed by a chocoate cake! Of all our quick service meals these were the biggest, i ordered an apple juice and they must have given me about a litre of the stuff!

Edited at 09:10 AM.
Old 7 Jul 11, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Continued...

We got rained out of Maginc Kingdom so decided to head to Wallmart! We had our first ever corndog, must say i wasn't keen!

That night we had a reservation at the Yachtsman Steakhouse, i had high expectations due to it being a Signature restaurant.

We were given a basket of bread on arrival and this has to be the best bread i have EVER tasted, and i eat a lot! One of the rolls was like a brioche, very moist and buttery, i could just eat some more now! It was served with butter sprinkled with Hawiian sea salt & roasted garlic cloves! Mmmm

We both had the same main course, the strip steak with dauphinoise potatoes..

And we followed with a chilli chocolate cake for me and a bowl of mixed gelato for Aaron!

We would definitely eat here again but would need to be on the DDP, our bill was well in excess of $180!

Next day was Discovery Cove, we started the day with the buffet breakfast..

For lunch i had the Chicken Jambalaya and Aaron had the Crispy Chicken Strips. We finished off the meal with red velvet cake and fresh fruit!

Again i must say i thought the food here was a bit disappointing! They rush you through and hand your plate over before you have decided what else you might like! Maybe that's me being greedy but i had to hand my plate back in the morning and ask for french toast and Aaron had to do the same asking for chips with his lunch -not really a buffet if you can't have a bit if everything.

Anyway... onto Le Cellier! I was really looking forward to this one and had my mouth around the filet mignon after seeing other dibbers photos!

We both started with the Cheddar soup:

Both had the filet, i asked for mine medium-rare and as you can see it was cooked to perfection!

For dessert I had the maple creme brulee and Aaron had the chocolate mousse

Definitely one of the best meals of the holiday, I'm glad we cashed in on it before it became a signature restaurant!

Edited at 09:13 AM.
Old 7 Jul 11, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Continued...

After Le Cellier we headed out onto the World Showcase for Illuminations and picked up a couple of snacks in Germany!

I had a caramel strawberry

Aaron had a marshmallow & caramel twist

Truly scrumptious!

Islands of Adventure next, for lunch we headed to a build your own burger place near the Jurassic Park ride, it was ok but nothing special...

Later on heading out of the park i couldn't resist picking up a large piece of Tiramisu! Delicious

Next day we headed to the |Mall @ Milenia intent on finding the Cheesecake Factory!

We shared a started of mozzarella bites

I then had a parmesan chicken sandwich and Aaron had Tacos

The chicken sandwich was out of this world, we have since tried to recreate the dish at home but it just didn't have the same flavour

After, we ordered cheesecake (of course!), both to go as we were truly stuffed!

I had a chocolate caramel and Aaron had a caramel macadamia nut

Oh were they good! I kept them in the fridge back at AKL and they lasted us 3 days! They we huge

Edited at 09:15 AM.
Old 7 Jul 11, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
yummy photos Abi

LTT isn't a counter service restaurant, it's a Table Service, your food looks like maybe it was from Peco's Bills? which is a CS restaurant.
Old 7 Jul 11, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mmmm, thanks for the photos, roll on August I say, all that food looks Delish... the only thing missing is a nice big Cinnamon roll from Cinnabon X.X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 11, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
pinky
Very Serious Dibber

pinky's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks for sharing Abi, great photos
pinky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 11, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Continued...

Today we headed for Hollywood Studios and stopped for lunch at Pizza Planet. Again sorry the photos are on their side, its taking me ages in Photobucket to change the orientation!

I had a margarita and Aaron had a vegetable one..

They were both lovely and hot!

As this was our last evening we were wanting an early night so we headed back to AKL and booked in at Boma again. The food was just as good second time round!

well we have arrived at our final meal of the holiday - an early lunch at Sanaa before we had to head to the airport.

We started with the mixed breads which were amazing!

Aaron then had the lamb dish with naan bread and i had the eqivalent chicken dish (sorry i cant remember the name of the dish!) They were amazing. The flavours were out of this world!

For pudding i had the orange sesame cake and Aaron had the dessert trio.

Both yummy!

Well that's it, I'm suitably hungry now, hope the photos made your mouths water too!

Edited at 09:52 AM.
Old 7 Jul 11, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Drat
slightly serious Dibber

My mouth is watering now... And that YumYum is HUGE!