Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jul 11, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
DISNEY BRIDE DIETS - How are we all doing? PART 2

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The original thread was located HERE.

The first post was...

This thread has been automatically created, because the original thread had over 500 posts.

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

The first post was...

Have set up this thread by popular demand

A place for us to share the highs and lows of our weight loss in a countdown to get the body for the dress of our dreams!

I think we'll start it from Monday would be the best thing...

Good or bad news, we want to hear it so we can spur each other along!

So much change was going on the chart was hard to keep up to date, so I think it's best we all report our full figures and keep track from there!

Hope that's ok x
Please feel free to carry on...
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 11, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post

arrrggg thread just closed on me there! Grrr! Luckily I managed to save what I had typed! x

I cant believe I've never been to Orlando either! lol

We were always going to go but New York, Las Vegas and Dubai all got in theway! I actually thought Gordon would have taken me to Florida last year instead of Dubai as I had never mentioned that I wanted to go to Dubai but alas it was not to be!

I am majorly jealous of you all though! You'll need to me me up a things to do guide as theres just so much info I dont know where to start.. he he!

I would love to go this year and we did talk about it but just dont think its do-able Had a look at flights last night and seen some for about £400 but by the time we get accomodation and spends it would be way too much, especially with me dropping £400 a month from August

Mite have another cheeky look tonight tho...

I dont know where we will be staying next year. I did want to stay on site as I love the sound of the DDP but Gordons not too keen. He did say we could stay for 5 nighst after the wedding as I really love the look of Animal Kingdom but when we priced it, it looked really expensive so not sure. The original plan was to rent a few villas for us and family but Gordons family have booked Coco Keys Hotel on I Drive so it maybe mmakes more sense for us to stay on I drive but dont know if thats a 'honeymoon' type holiday! Geez I'm so indecisive! lol
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 11, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Kim - good luck for your Bro, hope he's excited and not too nervous!

Yvonne - Dan was not excited about Orlando first time, at all as thought it would be liek wandering around Alton Towers for 2 weeks! Little did he know. He loves it now. If Gordon is not into Diseny, but you like the idea of DDP, then maybe consider what everyone recommended to me, which is Saratoga Springs or Old Key West, as close to Downtown Disney for night life.
We did I-drive this year, like last time, but I was disappointed as our hotel was ideal for budget breaks, but not honeymoony at all. I don't think I thought that through!

Right off to walk dog. Have done cat litter and had mid morning snack. Still cannot get into work, but am doing bits and bobs. My to do list is going down, but I've filled most of the jobs I had on and need to get some more on really. Might do Gunnar at lunch, as evenings keep getting taken up and then it doesn't happen.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 11, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Forgot to post what a big gulp is

Only $1.80 awesome
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 11, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
hey everyone! just to let you know went back on the scales this morning and it was a 2lb loss! phew!

another update on the holiday, we are now looking at doing a few nights at the polynesian! how amazing is that! unfortuantely we wouldn't get the free dining as we would havev to buy another set of tickets. but we are looking at just adding it on top of the 14 nights at SSR, or having it at the end of our stay with a few nights not on the dining plan!
really like this idea as we can eat at ohanas, watch wishes onthe beach and then just stroll up to our room. we stopped at the poly in June and fell in love with it! it's a shame it's the 2nd most expensive hotel hehehe

LIZ! magic kingdom is my favourite park! but i LOVE disney, and i understand why people may not like it as much! but you have to go since you are staying at disney now! at least once!
you have to do big thunder mountain, splash mountain and space mountain. Buzz lightyear is good fun, along with haunted mansion and Philarmagic. Fantasyland has lots of fun little rides, that are not really worth the wait times that they get, but are worth it just to see if they are a walk on.
and main street is amazing! just walking up and down, looking in the shops and seeing the castle! you have to go

and yvonne, get your ASS to disney! can't believe you've never been, and you are on a site like this! hehehe it is so worth the money!
Old 12 Jul 11, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Evening ladies!

Amy - that sounds amazing! Lucky you, will be fab. Yeah, had a look at those rides and they look really good. It's got me excited, as it's a new park for us and I like new. Glad your loss is still there.

Well I did a run instead of Gunnar. Not sure why, as haven't had much energy! Did better than I expected really considering not done anything for ages, but remembered why I hate it!

Got sent through some information on Disney today from CO, which was exciting! A booklet with all the park info on and DTD and Boardwalk - didn't know about this night life area at all! Was this a place you went to Kel, as can remember you talking about the stars - was that this place after your meal?

Am starving today for some reason. So had a bowl of porridge earlier to keep me going. Just going to have chicken with onions and mushrooms for dinner, as don't want extra carbs, to help control those cravings and hunger pangs I keep getting.

Hope everyone's had a good day xx

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 11, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Hello everyone,

Ooo new thread! It’s funny that cause I said to Alex yesterday that I was sure we were due a new one as we were at 50 pages or something – his response ‘’girls can talk’’ lol.

Am SHATTERED today, like really tired, I know I moan about this a lot and it’s a bit ‘boy who cried wolf’ but today was summin else! I had leg ache and shoulder ache and I basically felt battered. I absolutely hate getting up at 4.30am, my brain is such mush by the afternoon that I struggle to articulate sentences. Still no gym insurance through yet which is rubbish but they did say up to 3 weeks so 2 days is probably pushing it. Lol.
Went shopping tonight and got lots of nice stuff in. Spent £75 though and not sure how but did get chicken breast, gammon, pork and lots of veggies so that probably all adds up. Went a bit mad on the veggies as green beans and chantery (sp) carrots were on offer so I bought them plus Avocados were 39p in Aldi and so I bought one of them too. Absolutley no idea what to do with it as never had avocado before but I know its supposed to be good for you so all suggestions welcome!

When I was in Morrisons we came up to the till area and it was really busy so we walked down to where it looked quieter but turned out this was the hand basket aisle but instead of saying ‘hand basket’ by mistake, I said to Alex ‘’oh we can’t go there, that’s the hand luggage only till’’ but I said it quite loud and this one woman was in hysterics. I didn’t think it was that funny but she thought it was hilarious that I thought I was in an airport. Lol. I wish.

Bex – Do you have to get up early too working in a bakery? Hope you can walk today from the weights session you did! How’s the diet going?

Liz – hahaha Mr and Mrs T! I LOVE Pina colada too! They sold the mix in Publix and I was very excited but then it said ‘non alcoholic’ on it so I didn’t get it in the end.
Ah bless your gardener, I guess it’s nice for him to earn a bit of cash whilst doing something he presumably likes to do so it’s a good arrangement.
LOL – tough childhood! Me too, mine used to drag me all over walking as well, I guess that’s what you get being the country folk we are but I hated it as well, am not a walker, actually for a country girl I’m not very outdoorsy at all. Me in a tent is my worse nightmare! I will deffo send you a message on the business plans as soon as I get an ounce of energy beyond doing my nightly Dibb post, seriously tired at the moment.
Never been to MK? Never seen THE castle – shame on you – get out, your fired! Lol.
I’m not a character fan either, you’ve seen my photos – you can count on one hand the amount of times we have had character pictures in 25 years of going. Well ok, maybe more as a kid but we are not one for characters. The only photos we had with characters this tie was once at Blizzard Beach as we got collared by the character we didn’t seek him out and the 2nd time was when Alex had a photo with Wolverine at Universal and I’m pretty sure that was it. I find them a bit creepy if I’m honest not knowing whos in them. Daft I know and I really wish I didn’t feel like that maybe when I have kids it will be different. Magic Kingdom is fabulous despite that, its classic and fun and beautiful. Like the others have said Fantsyland is the most kiddy but I wouldn’t avoid it and you’ have a job on if you then take their recommendations of Phillharmagic (awesome 3D show) as its in Fantsyland and you have to do ‘It’s a small world’ – it’s the LAW! Alex says It’s a Smallworld must be what hell is like! Lol. It’s a classic.

Up until the last few years I’ve been much more of a Universal fan that Disney but since staying on site that all changed, the people are so much nicer, the atmosphere is better, its cleaner and just more beautiful and staying within WDW you will find it hard not to get sucked into that environment and nowadays I’m way more a Disney fan than Universal. I like Universal but not in the same way I love Disney and that’s a recent thing for me and us. As you know this time when we go we aren’t doing anything but Disney for the whole duration and that’s the first time in 25 years that’s happened for me. Although I say that but it might all change and may end up a full on holiday with the lot after today but I’ll let you know if that happens – we may have additional passengers!

If I was you Liz I’d just schedule a couple of days at MK and take it easy whilst there and explore, it’s a big park and there is loads to do and you can get it all done in a couple of days. The fireworks are a must as are the electrical parade. I love Monsters Inc laugh floor, it seriously has me in hysterics. The mountains are a must.
Have you ever been to Typhoon lagoon and Blizzard Beach?

I stayed at the Boardwalk hotel for two nights which is above and attached to the the Boardwalk - this is where I was grumbling about not being able to unpacka nd we had all the photos on the BW. Its basically a old fashioned Boardwalk with shops and places to eat and drink and the BW is on the edge of a lagoon where you can catch boats to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. On a night the BW comes alive with street performers and you can hire surrey bikes. There is also a duelling piano bar and a dance club on the BW too. Its a real night place really but you can eat there during the day.The resteraunts on the BW are on the DDP so Id say plan an evening meal there and then stroll around the Boardwalk after, twittering about stars if you like! On the other side of the lagoon is The Beach Club hotel where there is a beach and nightly bonfire and movies and beach side bars and such and then next to that is the Yacht Club hotel which is where I had my posh honeymoon meal in my dress.

Yvonne – lol, don’t worry, you can have rice (rice is natural, right?). The carb thing is in your head but I do understand, so long as you keep your carb portion the smallest you’ll be fine. I think its veg, protein, carbs as size composition of a plate if I remember rightly or it may be protein, veg, carbs, either way carbs should be the smallest bit, but the problem is that most people have the carbs as the biggest portion oddly enough. Rice is pretty good for you though, brown rice is anyway. So that’s cool.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is absolutely one of the best places on earth Yvonne, utterly romantic, perfect honeymoon destination, as is the Beach Club and the Boardwalk – if you ever get round to reading my trippy you’ll see this as we stayed at Boardwalk and Animal Kingdom Lodge (it was our 2nd sty there) – but if you were to go down that route I’d say rent points as its stupid expensive for a savannah room to pay cash. I priced it up once and its about 6k for two weeks accommodation only with a savannah view supplement in a DVC room. Crazy money.
It depends where you go on I drive, there are some nicer hotels up there further up south end. The ones rounds SeaWorld are lovely but out of the main hubbub of I drive and thus a bit of a pain. Rosen Plaza and Omni are nice but where Liz stayed the Homewood is one of the best and yet like she said not very ‘honeymoony’ as it’s used a lot for conference people. Don’t go down the wet and wild end – the north end -as its awful now, like a fancy Blackpool, quite seedy and rundown. I do know I drive well, I’ve stayed there a lot and my parents stay there at least twice a year and are coming up to trip 32 in March so they’ve tried a few hotels now! Their current favourite is Lake Eve on I drive but it’s very quiet round there and a bit far up I think personally. Embassy Suites or Staybridge suites are nice but I heard the latter was looking a bit old. Rach is getting married on south I drive, she’s a good person to ask.

I can’t believe you’ve never been to Orlando before and you are planning a wedding there! That is brave and very exciting. You won’t go wrong though and being on here you’ve totally done the right thing as you have info on hand, ask away. It’s the number 1 holiday destination in the world for a reason! When are you going to book as isn’t your wedding next year or is it 2013, I forget, sorry.

Good sign lots of peeing, your pee should be the colour of clear lemonade by the way! Water is soooo good as flushing you out and helping your metabolism it’s a key to weight loss and health. I drink a lot of water.
Glad you had a good session with your stand in trainer. Keep up the good work!

Kim – Thanks for the mini trip report, sounds like you had a brilliant time on the whole. Love the photo, what is in that drink?!
You did well to keep your cool with your mum, its hard when you are all sort of together all the time in that heat and tired and all wanting to do stuff, tempers are bound to rise a bit but glad it didn’t affect anything too much.
Bless the villa owner with the wine.
Hahah – I don’t expect you to do the challenge! Good grief, you’ll be looking at Ross and seeing a Turkey if you go from eating about 4000 cals a day to like 1500! No, you get yourself sorted first and wind down your food before you take on any challenges. Hopefulyl in a couple of weeks you’ll be well on with the new gym room and a better diet anyway. I loved the frozen Butterbeer Kim! I thought of you when I had it.

I looked through your piccies on FB when I was cooking tea and they are fab, so cool and you took so many cool pictures. Looks like you had a blast and the villa pool looks really brilliant. How good was Memories and me?! AMAZING! But I don’t think you’d have a hope in hell of spotting your pic eh? as it changes so fast, maybe one of the big ones but no way a small one. We watched it from the Wishes dessert party and it was brill.
Shame about that Peter guy, he sounds like a right tool.
Hope your brothers driving lesson went well.

Amy – good news on loss staying put. Exciting news on Poly too, sounds fab. We had a reservation at Ohana’s and sadly I had to cancel it as we couldn’t make it but will deffo eat there next time.

Food for me
B: shake and 2 slices Burgen
S: peanuts
L: shake
D: gammon steak with egg and peas. SF jelly.

Gym room again, its all I can muster! Hehe
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 11, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post

I know Amy i need to get my butt there! Came on here when we decided we were getting married in florida and just hung around! lol

I'm having a night off the gym tonight as ive got loads to do in the house but i'll be there the rest of the week. Went to see my nephews today and got roped into taking them them to the shop for a sweet. i was like a kid myself looking at all the chocolate bars and had a few different ones in my hand but controlled myself and put them down! Bought a euromillions instead so fingers crossed that jackpot is mine! lol

I'll post food just now as mite not get much of a chance later...

B - banana, strawberries, muller light
L - Chicken and peppers, grapes
S - small bowl pasta bolongnase (gordons mum was making it for the kids, i was starving and it smelt great!)
D - 2 homemade burgers, wholemeal roll and some relish.

That should be me for tonight, as much as i am craving chocolate, i'll settle for a cup of tea or maybe have a skinny cow hot choc actually.

Off out to help Gordon cut the grass as our neighbours have been moaning again and it is getting rather over grown. Gordon has just said if she makes one sarcastic comment he will let rip so i better go and make sure he doesnt! lol x
Old 12 Jul 11, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Oh meant to say as well I've been starving all day too! But oddly enough today was the first day I didnt crave biccies, chocolate and crisps I just wanted meat and veg how weird is that?! lol
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 11, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post

double posted there kel!

Which end of I drive is Coco keys - do you know? I dont really want to stay in the same hotel as Gorodns family but he does want one close. I think we will look at renting points as i do like the look of AK but like you say it was crazy money when i priced it!

Wedding is 18th October next year... actually just sent all the details to Randy and Carrie last night so no going back now! Was quite scary but exciting at the same time! lol
Closed Thread