Notices

Old 14 Jul 11, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

I'll leave my comment here as I'm too lazy to comment on each day.

Great trip report and has given me some good ideas on how to pace my own upcoming solo trip. Thanks very much for the timings as well.

Am impressed with your alcoholic capacity!
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 11, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 54
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Loftus View Post

Great trip report and has given me some good ideas on how to pace my own upcoming solo trip. Thanks very much for the timings as well.

I'm very much the same as Loftus
You've gave me some great ideas for our upcoming trip but also really helped in regard to making me feel confident about going solo next year ( by the sounds of it all the CMs are helpful/ fun)
Your also swaying me towards SSR I little more altho it will take a little bit more (or a very good price ) to sway me away from AKL but will def check both resorts out in sept
I too can't believe how you managed to stay on your feet after having all those margaritas though lol
langside is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 11, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
stace&tink
Imagineer

Thanks for posting this... I am really looking forward to reading it and getting some more ideas of how to plan my 1st solo trip next October.
stace&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 11, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicki G
Imagineer

Nicki G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Really enjoyed your trip reports sounds like a fab trip. Looking at the photos I now cant wait for my next trip

Nicki
Nicki G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 11, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Enjoying reading your slightly different trip report, read three days so far, really going to savour reading more later on.
Old 14 Jul 11, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Brilliant trippie. As we're staying at SSR for the first time next Sep, it gave me some great ideas.

One question, how do you know where to get off buses and where to walk to the parks to your advantage? I know that you've been lots, so just 'know,' but wondered if there was any kind of guide.

I expect most people would just, for example, catch a bus to a certain place, but you know where to get off early and walk and this would be really beneficial to know.

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 11, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
bella9
VIP Dibber

So glad you've decided to do a TR Charlotte, looking forward to reading all about it any minute now...
bella9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 11, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
lecras
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 4
Guidebook Photos: 53
Originally Posted by Loftus View Post

Originally Posted by langside View Post
I'm very much the same as Loftus
You've gave me some great ideas for our upcoming trip but also really helped in regard to making me feel confident about going solo next year ( by the sounds of it all the CMs are helpful/ fun)
Your also swaying me towards SSR I little more altho it will take a little bit more (or a very good price ) to sway me away from AKL but will def check both resorts out in sept
I too can't believe how you managed to stay on your feet after having all those margaritas though lol
Originally Posted by stace&tink View Post
Thanks for posting this... I am really looking forward to reading it and getting some more ideas of how to plan my 1st solo trip next October.
You'll all love going solo, It's so easy and you can really just relax and do whatever takes your fancy.

As for the margaritas...well, I do like my margaritas... A tip - there is more alcohol in the classic ones than the ones they use mix for, like wild passion flower. I usually stick to the weaker ones.

SSR is lovely, and it's nice to have DTD on your doorstep. I do love AKV though (our second home) so I definitely understand how you feel.

Originally Posted by Nicki G View Post
Really enjoyed your trip reports sounds like a fab trip. Looking at the photos I now cant wait for my next trip
Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Enjoying reading your slightly different trip report, read three days so far, really going to savour reading more later on.
Thank you so much for reading!

Originally Posted by Watergirl View Post
Brilliant trippie. As we're staying at SSR for the first time next Sep, it gave me some great ideas.

One question, how do you know where to get off buses and where to walk to the parks to your advantage? I know that you've been lots, so just 'know,' but wondered if there was any kind of guide.

I expect most people would just, for example, catch a bus to a certain place, but you know where to get off early and walk and this would be really beneficial to know.
I'm not sure the bus information is really available in one place. For me it's been a bit of trial and error - like going on a bus, getting off and thinking 'hey, if I'd got off at the last stop I'd be there now'... Over the years it's become second nature.

Originally Posted by bella9 View Post
So glad you've decided to do a TR Charlotte, looking forward to reading all about it any minute now...
Thank you so much for coming along!

Charlotte
lecras is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 11, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
vsav4
Very Serious Dibber

vsav4's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
thanks for posting these i cant wait to start and read them! Iam off to the first one now!