Notices

Old 23 Jul 11, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
no1Disneyfan86
VIP Dibber

Mummy and Daughter Time - The day before

The day before...

The day has finally arrived that we have waited for, for what seems like forever. For those of you who didn't get to read my pre-trippie, it's Here. However, there is one BIG change to that, the dates. When we first booked we were going 18/05-01/06/2011. However, my Nan was booked in for a hip replacement at the end of April and didn't feel that she would be recovered enough for my Mum to leave her for 2 weeks. So we changed our dates to 22/06/2011-06/07/2011, had to pay an extra £700ish to change the dates, but at least we are still going! I took my Nan for her pre-op, 2 weeks before the operation was due, when she got home, the phone rang and it was the hospital saying that they were not happy to operate so they were cancelling the operation! :angry: We just couldn't believe it, after the hassle of changing the dates of our holiday.

So the morning of Tuesday 21st June, is finally here! However, my mum and I both have to work today, as we couldn't get the day off. Luckily, we work together so at least we could share our excitement. We had already arranged to finish work at 4pm, and I think by this time, everyone at work was fed up with us! I really can't see why!?!

With everything all ready, we just had to say out goodbyes when we got home. As I said in my pre-trippy, my husband, Cliff, who I live with, and my Nan, who my Mum lives with, weren't coming with us. I didn't want to leave Cliff but I knew that I was going to the most magical place on earth, so that made it slightly easier. Once I had everything, I went to my Mum's house and got the cases in the car. Next, we had to say goodbye to my Nan, we both knew this wouldn't be easy as my Nan didn't want us to go. And my god, she gave us the guilt trip! But by 17:30, we were en-route to Gatwick, where were staying overnight in the Sofitel. The journey went really quick and we arrived at 19:00.

Once we found our room and got out the few bits we needed, we went over to the South Terminal to find something to eat. However, when we got over there, there was only one restaurant open, Giraffe, and neither of us liked anything on the menu. So back over to the North Terminal we go and we decided to eat in The Globe Freehouse.
I had:
Pasta Carbonara = £8.45
Coke = £2.20
My Mum had:
Ham, egg and chips = £8.75
Pint of beer = £3.50

Total spent = £22.90.

Luckily for us, they didn't charge us for the pint, so we only spent £19.40. (Definitely go back there!)

Next, we went back to the hotel, to have a couple of drinks before bed. I had 2 cokes and my Mum had 2 pints of 1664. This came to £14.18 - not bad for hotel prices!

At 23:00 we decided that we should try and get some sleep ready for the long day ahead.

TOTAL SPENT TODAY: £33.58
Old 23 Jul 11, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Originally Posted by no1Disneyfan86 View Post
I took my Nan for her pre-op, 2 weeks before the operation was due, when she got home, the phone rang and it was the hospital saying that they were not happy to operate so they were cancelling the operation! :angry: We just couldn't believe it, after the hassle of changing the dates of our holiday.
This happens so often, I thought you were going to say they had moved the dates back to when you were on holiday.

Looking forward to reading more.