Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Sep 11, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Alison
Excited about Disney

Alison's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
There's 104 days of summer vacation - Day 9 TL and Studios

Up early today – we were going to Typhoon Lagoon and wanted to be there for opening. Got there just on 9 and found a lounger to dump our stuff and then headed off to the slides. Nigel rode the Storm Slides and Humunga Cowabunga – S couldn’t ride as you have to take your shoes off. Wish they would tell that to the lifeguards at the bottom or have it on the sign!

Went on to the family raft ride – there was still hardly any queue! Got very wet due to all the spray but good fun.

Nigel and Stephen rode various combinations of the raft rides and then we headed to Crush ‘n’ Gusher. The boys went and queued while I wallowed in the pool nearby, chatting to a woman who had climbed all the way up and then chickened out and come down again!

Stephen wanted a sand pail ice cream so we headed over to Happy Landings but it wasn’t open yet. We would return – he was on a mission!

On to the lazy river next – it was still fairly empty for most of it and was a nice gentle ride.

Lazy River by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Miss Tilly by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Went in the wave pool for a bit.

Typhoon Lagoon by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Scarily, Nigel lost his glasses at one point, despite wearing a sports strap. He could see them on the bottom but, when he eventually managed to pick them up, they weren’t his! Fortunately, someone else had managed to grab his but that was a bit worrying for a while!

Stephen loves the wave pool and could spend hours in it – he went right up to the rope and rode all the high waves!

Here it comes! by limegreenlife, on Flickr

He's in there - somewhere! by limegreenlife, on Flickr

(Can you spot him? Look for the goggles!)

I sat on the rocks at the back, getting soaked by all the waves – had a lovely ‘chat’ with a South American lady – she didn’t speak English, I didn’t speak Spanish but we got there!

We wandered back to Happy Landings and decided to get a nugget meal to share before indulging in the main event – the ice cream!

Eyes bigger than ...? by limegreenlife, on Flickr

We got a lot of looks and comments – it was a lot of ice cream! Vanilla and chocolate ice cream, strawberry and chocolate sauce, oreo cookies, bits of waffle cone, whipped cream, Mickey sprinkles and cherries! It was really nice, actually but it was melting fast by the time we got to the bottom. We managed it – just – but could never do a Kitchen Sink!

Did it! by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Refilled our mug a few times (you can buy a new barcode for $6) and then headed back for more suncream and the boys managed to persuade me to go on Crush 'n' Gusher! As the CM at the top pushed us off, he shouted, "Are you ready?" to which I replied "No!" but it was too late! I really didn't enjoy it that much but at least I did it, which pleased Stephen! He enjoyed laughing at me as I screamed all the way down! Unfortunately, there was a Photopass photographer there to record the occasion but, sadly, our photos haven't arrived yet so I am not able to share them - shame!

A last go in the wave pool.

Splash! by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Met a nice English lady and we chatted about plans we had and what we’d done so far – wonder if she’s on the Dibb? I didn’t realise till later that the sun cream was only factor 30 instead of the 50 we’d been using and I burnt my knees a bit.

Lagoona Gator by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Back home for a rest, TV, washing etc. Think I fell asleep for a bit! We decided that we would try for Fantasmic again – fingers crossed!

(Cont in next post)
Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 11, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Alison
Excited about Disney

Alison's Reviews
Headed off to Ruby Tuesday’s for dinner – we used to go here a lot when I was a child but had never tried it with the boys. As we drive, the rain started up again – uh-oh! Made a mad dash for the restaurant. The boys had steak and I had lobster carbonara. Nigel had fries and onion rings for his sides – Stephen had fries and sugar snap peas. The server told Nigel he could learn from his son! We loved the cheese biscuits they give you to start! Lovely meal – the steak just melted. For the first time, we all finished our meals!

It was still raining when we left but not as heavily as before. Got to the Studios and sat in the car for a bit (seeing a pattern here?) and then decided to don ponchos and just go for it. We were in Stage, so close enough to walk in. It had all but stopped by the time we got in – phew!

Headed to the Great Movie Ride – it was a walk-on! We have always had long queues here. Sat at the back again but the car stopped further forward on all the scenes so that was better. (Rather a lot of photos here - please feel free to scroll on past them!)

Journey into the Movies by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Singin' in the rain ... by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Step in time! by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Chim chiminee by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Western skies by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Don't shoot! by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Ding-dong, the witch is dead ... by limegreenlife, on Flickr

We're off to see the wizard by limegreenlife, on Flickr

If I only had a heart by limegreenlife, on Flickr

On to the new Star Tours – another walk on! Everyone was queuing for the first showing of Fantasmic by now – we planned to do the second show! I wasn’t really going to do Star Tours but am really glad I did – the new show is really good with lots of clever touches. Apparently, there are 54 possible combinations of films. We went to Kashyyk (Wookie planet) and Naboo (underwater). Loved it so much, we went straight back on! This time we got Tatooine and Naboo again. Definitely a must do!

Star Tours by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Round to Tower of Terror now – another walk on.

Any vacancies? by limegreenlife, on Flickr

The boys rode while I took some photos. Stephen wasn’t convinced (although he’s done the Paris version lots of times) – he likes the ride part but not the theming.

In control by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Name in lights by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Hollywood Tower Hotel by limegreenlife, on Flickr

We joined the queue for the next Fantasmic show. We didn’t have to wait long at all and couldn’t believe how empty the second show is.

Fantasmic by limegreenlife, on Flickr

(Cont in next post)
Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 11, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Alison
Excited about Disney

Alison's Reviews
Really enjoyed this show, as always – think it is my favourite night time show. We really enjoyed taking photos here – it was my first time. There are so many lovely photographic opportunities at Disney.

Maleficent by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Mickey to the rescue by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Driving the boat by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Steamboat WIllie by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Full of character by limegreenlife, on Flickr

We seem to have rather a lot of photos of Ariel, for some reason - think Nigel might have had something to do with that!

Kiss the girl by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Ariel by limegreenlife, on Flickr

The main man by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Ssssssssnake by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Sorceror Mickey by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Red mountain by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Ta-daa! by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Because the show was pretty empty, it was fairly quick and simple to get out - we definitely weren't used to that!

Headed home, taking lots of photos on the way.

Hollywood Drive by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Towards the hat by limegreenlife, on Flickr

There were several Disney characters being painted with water on the pavement – love those!

Minnie by limegreenlife, on Flickr

Fill her up by limegreenlife, on Flickr

It was bizarre to see the car park so empty – there can’t have been more than 30 cars in it!

Time to go home by limegreenlife, on Flickr
Old 25 Sep 11, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Another wonderful day, thank you for sharing xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 11, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Your photos are fantastic- Thank you for sharing

we got rained off from Fantasmic this year...Was really disappointed as we had done the Fantasmic package to save queueing...so frustrating... Thankfully really enjoyed our meal at Mama Melrose

Couldnt believe when the rain started at 8.59pm

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 11, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mouse mess
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 99
Great day again! You are not helping my urge to by a DSLR! Please stop posting such great photos!
Mouse mess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 11, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
highland lass
Imagineer

Great photographs
Old 25 Sep 11, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Dissie
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I just love your photos. They are so good. Really enjoying your report.
Old 26 Sep 11, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Excellent day and photos really looking forward to Fantasmic next year as have never seen it before.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 11, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
I had thought my next upgrade would be for a HD camcorder good in low light but you're now making me feel that I need to update my DSLR to something with a higher fps rate!

Quality photos again. Thanks.
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List