Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 11 Oct 11, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post

3 Pirates and a princess September surprise 2011 Day 2

We woke up at 4.30am and I swear Keira had heard my eyelids open as she was in our bed before I had even registered I was awake and she was very excited to tell us that today was her Princess breakfast!
I wanted her to eat at the breakfast so tried to get her to wait for breakfast but she was having none of it and sat proudly with her bowl of cereal at 5am!

The adr was 8.15 and I wanted to get to Magic Kingdom in good time so we could walk down main street together. I love my boys to bits but the idea of having time just the girls and doing princess stuff, which the boys have never allowed, was like a dream come true to me. so it was no surprise when we were both dressed and ready to go by 6.45am! I dont know who was more excited me or her.

We kissed the boys goodbye and I gave strict instructions to wayne to have them all ready by 9.30 for when I would be back to pick everyone up!

We had to do the monorail again but it wasnt a problem, we had loads of time. Arriving at the entrance to Magic Kingdom I was surprised to see hoardes of people queueing to go in. We were slightly earlier than yesterday but we were told we could not go in until 8am.
Standing in the line was sooo many other princesses and I got the feeling everyone had adrs at CRT.
Time went quickly and we all marched into the Magic Kingdom dead on 8am.
I wanted Keira to have a picture took sat on the wall in front of the statue but she was desperate to get to Cinderella, she begrudingly sat on the wall and then the little madam turned round to look at the castle resulting in one of my favourite photos of the holiday.

I watched her just staring at her castle and trying to strop but not quite managing it and my heart melted. I told her no more photos we could now go to the castle and she shot up off the wall and started skipping towards the castle. I followed quietly behind her and just grinned from ear to ear as she was so happy and full of energy and I knew that this moment in time was a memory I would cherish forever.
(I tried to video her but the second she realised I was she stopped skipping and went all shy.)

We got inside the castle and was met by a massive queue of people checking in and then we had to join another queue to go inside but Keira was happy and we were in no rush.
We actually got to meet Cinderella quite quickly and Keira went all shy again but you could tell she was loving it. Cinderella told her to stay cute and loveable forever. Which Keira thought was great.

Inside the castle I presented Keira with a surprise scroll from Cinderella inviting her to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and Keira was thrilled at the idea.

Breakfast here was less than average and is now plated and bought to the table. I am by no means a massive eater and I felt that I needed more it really was tiny!
The fruit was amazing though so I had my fill of fruit from Keiras platter.

The princesses came round and although really quick the interaction did please my little princess.

Aerial is my favourite princess so Keira insisted on taking a photo of me!

You can tell I felt a little weird doing this.

We finished breakfast just before 9am and exited to a quiet fantasyland. Keira wanted to ride the carousel and Dumbo so we stood talking to a cm until they dropped the rope.
The fairy godmother came over and led Keira to a nice shaded area where she happily spoke to her for a while. Keira did a spin and showed her how her dress came up.

Then we walked up to the carousel and asked the cm to show us Cinderellas golden horse.There was only me and Keira on the ride and she was beaming all the way round!

I was concious of the time as we needed to get to Downtown Disney for 10.20 via the villa to collect the boys.
I had promised Kiera a ride on Dumbo the previous day as the boys were groaning athe idea of having to ride it so we hot footed over to the Dumbo ride where it was only a 10 minute wait. Standing here though I could feel the sun burning my neck and kept making sure that Keira was not melting under her taffeta - she insited she was fine and did not need to take the dress off!

After a spin on dumbo we raced to the villa collected the rest of the family and then raced to Downtown Disney getting to BBB by the skin of our teeth.
We were given a pager and the boys disappeared to see if Disneyquest could fill a few hours and we waiting patiently for Keiras turn.

This was an amazing experience for Keira and she was so happy. The fairy godmother was amazing with her and I really did feel that it was money well spent. Keira chose to be pop princess which I felt suited her!

I dont have a picture of her finished makeover but ill add it as soon as I have my photopass pictures.

Keira signed herself as a new official princess and we walked out into the mega heat to find the boys.

It turned out that Disneyquest didnt open until midday so the boys had kept coming in and spying on Keira. They found it funny that neither of us had noticed they were there.

We sat and ate ice cream and then decided to go to Epcot so that the boys had actually done something today!

We got into Epcot and walked straight into Spaceship Earth which once again broke down as soon as we started to go backwards.
Then it was a run around to Test track where we all screamed and acting like divs all the way round. Everyone was laughing and screaming like it was a totally new experience. Daniel was convinced we had gone faster as we were all pretending to put our foot on the accelerator.

Another new experience for us was a visit to Club cool - Can you believe only me and Dan thought Beverly was foul the others actually liked it!
Some dancing in fountains and a quick ride in Ellens energy adventure where I really thought I was going to go to sleep and we decide it is probably best if we head home!
The boys still have bundles of energy after having a lazy start so they ask if they can do Mission to Mars . I hate this ride and on my one and only experience of it I did actually need the sick bag provided so I opted to sit and out and watch Keira so the other 4 can ride the orange side!
We started off on a bench outside but the humidity was a killer and just sitting on a bench it was difficult to breathe so we decide to go inside mission control.
I have never been in here but it is amazing to sit and wait - Keira went in the climbing and Ball pit bit whilst I just sat and chatted to a lovely floridian.
She said it was record temperatures for this time of year and I asked about how easy the humidity gets when you live there for a while and she told me it doesnt get easier you just learn to drink more and at a quicker pace. She advised me to drink a lot more than I was and assured me it would become easier!

The boys finished the ride and joined in with some of the games for a while before almost in unison they need to go to the toilet. At this point we decide to find toilets and then the car.
A storm was brewing so pool time was out so I made a quick bite to eat and the kids crashed at around 9pm shortly followed by me and Wayne.
At some point in the night we were woken by Keira crying and she had fell out of bed and was sporting a nice big bump ready for the photos tommorow!

Edited at 02:08 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 11, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Quensabob
VIP Dibber

Quensabob's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Fantastic report,your daughter looks beautiful in her dress!

Sunset Ridge Sept2006,Highlands Reserve Sept 2007,Solana Sept 2008,Championsgate March 2010,Courtyard 2011,Clarion Inn June 2013,lakebuena vista resort Sept 2015, Santa Fe Paris Sept 2017,Newport Bay Club Paris March 2018,Clarion inn August 2018,Coronado Springs September 2019, Hotel l’elysee Disneyland Paris March 2020 ,Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa November2022, Pop Century September 2023
Quensabob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 11, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahewoods
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Lovely day, very special to have mummy and daughter time.xx
sarahewoods is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 11, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Lovely day. The photo of Keira looking at the castle is beautiful.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 11, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
LDISNEYFOX
Imagineer

I really like the photo of Keira looking at the castle too!

Glad Keira had a good time meeting Cinderella. She looks lovely in her dress!

Looking forward to reading day 3.

2012 WDW Mom's Panel Search Finalist
Sheraton Safari Jan 05 & Feb 08
Disney Port Orleans Nov 06, Jan 10, May 11, June 12, Oct 13, July 15, Aug 15, Nov 15, Feb 16, Aug 16 and Dec 17
LDISNEYFOX is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 11, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Really good mother/daughter time
Old 11 Oct 11, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Lovely day and photos.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 11, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
tink77
Imagineer

Brill girlie day, photo of Keira reading her invite is lovely, you can see her excitement
tink77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 11, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mouse mess
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 99
Great day, what lovely morning with Keira, great photo of her in front of the castle
Mouse mess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 11, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
LauraC
Apprentice Imagineer

Great day and lovely surprise for Keira. The picture of her reading the BBB invitation is priceless!