Old 31 Oct 11, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Never Mind Epricot, I want to ride Splash Mountain again..!

Hi Folks!

Well here it is, my second attempt at a trip report, I'd forgotten just how much work these are..what with uploading and re-sizing photos, the pressure of thinking of a name...who knew it would be so hard but I've started now...finally...my report will be full of photos and loads of food..hope you enjoy...

I deleted the pre-trip months ago so here is juat a brief introduction to us all,

Me, Colette, 32, Chief Planner and organiser, total Disney addict, and loves meeting the characters almost more than the kids...

DH, Chris, 34, thought I was mad first time round with planning, now thinks I'm genius (of course) and is a total Disney/Florida convert and finally gets what all the fuss is about

DS - Brandon age 10, quite a shy sensitive boy who loves going but not as much as he loves his xbox and does mourn it's loss for the entire two weeks...

DD - Jessica age 5, don't really know how to explain Jess, she's a mix of tomboy/total diva, whirlwind, not so shy or sensitive and the trip title is, of course, thanks to her...

here are my troops

[IMG][/IMG]

So, the title, Jessica was only 3 when we went in 2009 and subsequently could not ride anything that Brandon could, joy! But this time round she is almost 6 and very tall so no problems with most of the rides, she is obsessed with Splash Mountain, she has been on it soooo many times I've lost count and she never stopped going on about it for the entire 2 weeks...fun at first...not so much after 14 days...

Whatever park we went too she asked to ride Splash Mountain, when we told her that Epcot didn't have a splash moutain, the title of the trip was born, no matter how many times she says Epcot, she pronounces it Epricot... much to our amusement!

The Trip, after the usual, once in a lifetime first trip, this one came along and I had another reason to push the boat out and spend spend spend, as it was our honeymoon... I'll get on with it now...

Day -1 Pre Travel Day - 14th October 2011

First 'extra spend' of the holiday

I booked a night at the Radisson Blu Manchester Airport before the flight. We only live 40 mins from the airport and Chris' Dad would have happily taken us but...honeymoon and all that...

The kids were in school and Chris was is in work so I had the day to do those last minute things before we left like clean the house, change the bedds etc, as you do, as you leave the place empty for the next fortnight...

I picked the kids up from school and was hoping that Chris would finish work early so we could leave but he didn't get in til 5.15pm, the stress was already building... and not made any better when Chris gets in and decides to shave his head for the first time ever himself in the lovely clean bathroom...

... no no dear its fine, I'll break my neck down the stairs with the holdalls, you carry on... and of course I'll drop everything to help you make sure there's no clumps and take the blame for it later when you find a tuft of hair thats not meant to be there...

To be fair he had told me he was planning on doing it just before we left and had to do it after work incase it went wrong and he didn't want them to see it...but I admit I had forgotten, as I was busy organising everything else...and I am always a mega stress head at this point as I HATE the airport...

Here's the kids at the start of the journey..

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

So there's me thinking we'll be at the hotel for about 5.30 -6pm but no, we arrived at 7.30pm and checked in with no problems..

I have to say I loved it here, loved the fact that it is a family suite and the kids had their own room! And would I lbook it again..? i absolutely would...!

Here's some photos, they obviously saw us coming as the kids were in room 666..yes really... you should have seen Chris face when I told him that in the lift...he was horrified and convinved we'd be in seat 13 on the plane...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Here's our view from the room, kids were pleased..

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

We were flying with Thomson and were able to check the bags in the night before which was a big relief for me, I am obsessed with cases and they are weighed about 10 times each and I still don't relax until they are weighed and checked in at the airport... so easy, bags gone we headed back to the hotel for some Tea in the brasserie, standard fare, airport prices but I enjoyed it...was a nice start to the holiday,
I had a burger, Chris had fish and chips, the kids had pizza and chicken nuggets, my notes say it was £69.00 including drinks...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Back to the room about 10.30pm. the kids did a jigsaw and pretended to like each other for 5 minutes, I re-checked the tickets and took a photo of them as you do...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Chris and I chatted and giggled with excitement about the holiday until our daughter got up and shut the inter connectting door as we were disturbing them apparently...

I had my new Dibb Lanyard at the ready, roll on travel day woop woop!

ps I will start an index soon with each day and update once links are available!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014

Edited at 04:09 PM.
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 11, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DizneyBlonde
Imagineer

Great start,I can feel the excitement.

Looking forward to more

3 Kids hit Disney 2007 Trippie Index

3 Kids and a 40th at My Castle - Pre trippie
DizneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 11, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
JK's Mummy
Imagineer

Oooh looking forward to reading this!
JK's Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 11, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Great start and good haircut! DD looks super cute in thumbs up pose. Hotel chips look nice too. Hope you managed some sleep. x
Old 1 Nov 11, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
tink3
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to reading more, the hotel looks lovely.

Even miracles take a little time - The Fairy Godmother

Aug 16-Oak Island Cove/Polynesian/HRH
Oct/Nov 15-Windwood Bay/AKL
May 14-Calabay Park @TL/AKL
Feb/Mar 13-Clear Creek
Aug 11-Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Mar/Apr 11-Calabay Park
Apr 08-Lake Davenport Estates
tink3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 11, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Yay! you've started and a great start at that I did giggle at Jessica closing the interconnecting door because you & Chris were disturbing them
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 11, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Love the title!
Great start! Lovely room and view looks brill
More please!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 11, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great read looking forward to reading more.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 11, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
tartan tink
Apprentice Imagineer

tartan tink's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great start the hotel looks amazing

courtyard by marriott, marriott suites clearwater,rpr july 07 westridge villa,rpr, july08 cypress point,rpr, aug 09 tuscana resort july 10:spin hard rock hotel July 10 watersong villa, rpr Jan 2012, sandy ridge villa June 2016
tartan tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 11, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Great start, and I had to laugh at your title, my DD also couldn't pronounce Epcot, and called it Epricot, much to her brothers amusement, and they still take the mickey out of her over it, even tho she is now 22