Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I know I said I wouldn't but ... Day 9 reliving memories

Quick background:

I'd originally said I wouldn't return to the Boardwalk Inn (my favourite resort) as I was worried a return would not be as good as my 2010 trip, but when a Disney US annual passholder 40% discount came out I couldn't turn it down!

Chief Financier, Organiser and Payer of Bills - Me, Clare - 40 something Disney nut but lover of the finer things in life (purse strings permitting)

I woke up with the sad realisation that this was my last full day, this trip was flying by way too quickly! Only one more morning of looking out onto Crescent Lake and listening to the Boardwalk music.

I had already said my 'goodbyes' to the parks and today was going to be a trip down memory lane. My first ever onsite stay was at Port Orleans French Quarter - back in the days when POFQ was just Port Orleans and Port Orleans Riverside was plain old Dixie Landings. The three of us (Mum, Dad and myself) had some great stays at Port Orleans and to this day it's still Dad's favourite resort.

I had my 'usual' oatmeal and orange juice in the lounge and then caught a taxi to POFQ. I hadn't been back to this resort since 2001 and would love to return with Mum and Dad, but that won't happen.

I spent a while in the shop chatting to a cast member who had apparently been at the resort since it's opening, we spent time reminiscing and she was interested to hear my thoughts on the other resorts I've stayed at compared to POFQ - this resort will always have a special place in my heart.

I took time wandering around the whole resort taking photographs before making my way down the Sassagoula to Riverside where I intended to catch the boat to Downtown Disney, this resort really is beautiful and although I love the Epcot area resorts I think I'm going to have to return to POFQ one day.

There was a small line for the boat so I couldn't get on the first one but it was so relaxing just waiting and watching the happenings on the river, in what seemed like no time at all I was on the next boat and enroute to Downtown Disney, all the memories started flooding back and I got a little tearful - I don't think I've ever cried as much as this holiday lol.

On arrival at Downtown Disney I of course had a look around the shops and purchased a few goodies from Basin before going to Fultons for my lunch ADR where I was meeting a friend from another board. As they were running late I took the opportunity to stop at the bar and indulge in a pomegranate spiked lemonade - pomegranate juice, lemonade and vodka. Boy did this pack a punch!

I think this is my new favourite cocktail so I had another one to accompany my lunch.

My dining companion arrived and we were shown to our table where I went with the Baby Spinach and Pecan Salad - Gorgonzola cheese, dried cherries, with balsamic vinaigrette with shrimp and side of french fries.

The salad was delicious but I don't think I should have indulged in more than one pomegranate spiked lemonade, oops! Time to head back to the Boardwalk for an afternoon snooze!

A couple of hours snooze and I was ready to face the world again, but first I had to pack - I didn't think I had done much shopping but I struggled to fit everything into my case, eek! Thankfully it did all fit and as evening 'cheese & wine' were now being served I went into the lounge to get a plate of goodies to keep me going before my CM friends John and Brandy arrived at 7 pm to pick me up for dinner at Sweet Tomatoes.

I also had to do online check-in, and yet another thing in BA's favour - so straight forward and painless.

John and Brandy arrived promptly in a huge American pick-up truck (!) which provided amusement to the Boardwalk valet, tonight we would be eating at the new Sweet Tomatoes at Crossroads. I love Sweet Tomatoes and this one didn't disappoint, a large plate of salad followed by a bowl of their house chilli and I was in heaven. We only left when the restaurant closed and we were turfed out.

John and Brandy - John is a Wishes cruise 'captain' usually working from the Polynesian and Brandy works at AKL in the children's club - if you see them please say 'hello'.

A great night catching up with old friends and I even managed to get back to the Boardwalk in time for evening desserts.

Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 11, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
TiggerD
Imagineer

TiggerD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Great day again Clare and love the pictures and also like the look of the pomegranate spiked lemonade
TiggerD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 11, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
So jealous of you staying at POR David, it's such a beautiful resort
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 11, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Loving your report and photos Clare.
Old 28 Nov 11, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post

John and Brandy are looking good - can't wait to catch up with them next year!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 11, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Cinnabon View Post
Loving your report and photos Clare.
Thanks

Originally Posted by JaneSi View Post
John and Brandy are looking good - can't wait to catch up with them next year!
They're looking forward to seeing you again too, and meeting Ian Can you believe 2007 was the last time you saw them!
Old 28 Nov 11, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Clare View Post
Thanks

They're looking forward to seeing you again too, and meeting Ian Can you believe 2007 was the last time you saw them!
I know - thats 4 yrs ago, so it's 4 yrs since I have been to Disney - where the heck did that time go! Seems like yesterday!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 11, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by JaneSi View Post
I know - thats 4 yrs ago, so it's 4 yrs since I have been to Disney - where the heck did that time go! Seems like yesterday!
That's frightening!
Old 28 Nov 11, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Excellent Read!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 11, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Awww Clare, I had lump in my throat reading about you getting tearful. I imagine it was very bittersweet going back to your 'old' resort. I'm also sad your holiday is almost at an end x
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List