Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Bldy & McGoo Are Going Back To Florida =] Nov11 Day 6

6th November 2011 – DHS

Once again I was up first again today but even earlier as the clocks had gone back! 6am! If I told my mum this I think she would fall off her chair as I have never done early starts. However when in Rome and all that =]
Scott woke at about 9 and I really couldn’t tell you what I did for 3 hours! I think I wrote up some notes, watched whatever was on tv and packed our bags for the day.

We got ready quickly though as we were out and at the petrol station to fill up and at DHS for 940ish

We parked up at film and jumped on the tram into the park. On the tram I started to get a bit of headache but thought it was the heat so I kept drinking lots.

I thought these were cool!

This is one of my favourite parks so I was really looking forward to spending the day here and I had so many thinks I wanted to do that had been missed last time. It seemed pretty busy and as we hadn’t experienced any queues as of yet it was all a bit strange =]

We headed left around towards Indiana Jones but as we got there a man said that it had started but another one would be beginning in about 45min so we went on towards star tours.
I hadn’t done this last time and with the refurb it was a new experience for Scott too. There was a little bit of a queue, not too bad I think around 20mins or so but we liked the ride.

We thought we should head back to Indi and by the time we got there they were letting people in ready for the next show so we found some seats, quite near the top in the middle so we could see everything but could get out easily. We both really liked this and again a first for me.
Scott noticed I wasn’t quite myself and kept asking me if I was okay and I just nodded and said I would be fine.
It was a really good show though, I did wonder though is how people died in it? Did they fall?

Coming out of there we were both feeling the heat and were getting quite hungry again. It was by now 12ish and being right next to Backlot express, I chose to eat there =]

We shared a Sprite again and I had a Turkey Panini with fries and Scott had A Bacon, Onion ring burger with fries. It came to $22.98. Mine was pretty average but it was nice to have something that wasn’t a burger But Scott loved his so he was pleased.

We wandered around and just so happened to pass the Writers shop which I had heard great things about, we popped in and my face must of lit up at the sight of all the wonderful delights they had to offer.
Scott noticed my cheeky little face and tole me to pick something so I chose a big mickey Head cookie =] And boy was it the greatest cookie ever. It was crumbly and sugary and chocolatey and thinking about it now is making my mouth water =] The best £4.95 ever spent!

We shared it as we walked round and saw that The Muppets show was about to start so went in. I was trying to find the mat with the key under it but where we had got there late I just couldn’t see it =[

As we came out it had begun to drizzle a little but us being British wasn’t gunna hide in Gift shops or any of that malarkey.
We opted to instead head to Lights Motors Action and watch Scott’s favourite show.
It was pretty cool with the new Lightning McQueen bit but has it got shorter? As it was ending however it was tipping it down =[

We ended up heading past Toy story mania and I was gutted to see 70mins wait time, I knew it would be that way but I kinda hoped that there would be a miracle and a 5min wait would pop up =]

So instead we went to the animation area which was really excited to see. We looked at the displays and went into the talk with an animator, He was a lovely old man and I really wanted to go up to the front and give him a hug at the end. It was a lovely talk with Mushu though and I enjoyed listening.
I think Scott quite liked it too tbh, he said he never knew that bit was there either so im glad we saw it. However there was a wait for the drawing class so I disappointedly walked away =[ Scott promised me that we would come back so I could do this but I wasn’t betting on it. I was however wrong =]

Scott had however been begging me to go on Tower of terror for months and after seeing photos of tiny kids on it I couldn’t really back out. After all I wasn’t allowed to refuse anymore rides anyway as I had been let of Doctor Doom!

I was sat next to the most adorable little girl who was with her daddy. She kept holding his hand and saying how she was a little frightened but she would be okay if daddy squeezed tight. Awww! She must have been about 5 or 6 but just looked so so small =]

I must admit I did enjoy the ride and really had nothing to worry about. So Scott wins on that one, As Always =]

Rockin Rollercoaster was around the corner so we headed there but was a 60min wait so grabbed Fps which were valid between 630-730.

It was 3:15 and I was still feeling headachey so I grabbed a drink ($2.89) Whilst Scott grabbed an ice Cream ($4.25) and we sat on a wall and waited for them to open the gates for Beauty and The Beast.
Now I LOVE B&theB as I just think it is the most romantic Disney film ever! Its so beautifully written, the Songs are magical and it just makes me go on warm and fuzzy inside.

Scott can’t stand it but he took pity on me and let me watch it =]
One thing we noticed was at the end they gave the rose to someone in the audience! I was beyond gutted when I saw that, I really wanted to trip over the 10 yr Old girl that had got it and take it for myself but that wouldn’t be very Disney would it =P It did cross my mind…

We next went on the backlot movie tour next and had a good look In the museumy bit afterwards.

We at somepoint passed Boo's Door and although Sulley and Mike had gone home i was allowed a photo.(Can you see how rough i look?)

We then tried to look for a jumper for me as I was cold and where I was feeling ill I was in a grump =[
We realised though that Disney clothes are V expensive for what they actually are, I found a t shirt that I liked but I didn’t buy it as it wasn’t needed at $40 but all the hoodies just looked weird or were really cheaply made yet cost $50+
Instead I bought a blanket =] Yes a tad odd I give you that but it was warm and fluffy. But didn’t fall in the cheap category at $45
I am however using it now to keep my toes warm as I type =]

Having purchased something to warm me up Scott decided we would have one more sneaky go on ToT as it was still a walk on.

It was now 615 and Fantasmic started at 630 so being just a tiny group of two we wandered towards the middle in the hope that we could see a spot, There was a perfect one right in the middle, near the front and we asked the people on the end if we could pass and sit and they let us thought quite happily. It was a lovely position and we could see everything nice and clearly and I cuddled up in my blanket and enjoyed the lights and everything going on.

Although we were both tired, I also felt horrible with my head pounding we thought it was a brilliant idea to go on a rollercoaster. Errr Not the best idea tbh But Scott was really excited to do this and I didn’t want to bottle it when we had Fps at the ready.

So on we went, I also asked if I could keep my FPs and the kind CM let me too =] She did make me promise I couldn’t use them but I was happy to have them for my Scrapbook.

Anywho, Lets begin the story that ended in me crying in Disney. (Actually there will be another one but not until the last day)

So we are in the queue for RnR and are by the railing bits quite near to the ride and I was a little nervous mixed with not feeling well. There was a boy and his mum behind us and he was really excited and I asked him whether it was a good ride. He was 9 and said that he loved it and it was his third time today and that I would love it too
We got to the front and Scott was chuffed when we were at the front of the Limo =]
I did enjoy the ride I must admit but it did no good to my poor head and I wanted to go home, As most rides we came off and looked at our ride photo.
I was really pleased as we were both smiling and looked good so I said to Scott we would buy it. Underneath the photo screen was a CM who quite abruptly turned round and said that she couldn’t sell me that photo as there was a safety breech and no photographic evidence would be printed.
Basically little American boy behind us had stuck his arms though the head restraint and where he was in our ‘Cart’ he had ruined our photo. Him and his mum did give us a sheepish look as they left as they had overheard.
However She did offer for us to go again
I was not impressed and started some ramble that I couldn’t ride again as ‘I didn’t feel well and we had only been on because Scott made me, We were at the front and that wouldn’t happen again, I wanted to go home, it wasn’t my fault, that wasn’t fair BlahBlahBlahBlah’ That’s actually how I spoke and I don’t think even aliens would understand

I did end my ramble however with a very stern ‘Well that’s not very Disney Is It!?!?’

Scott said it didn’t matter and led me away of which I turned around and burst into a river of tears!
Possibly not the most sane reaction as at the end of the day it was one photo but to me it was the build up of the whole day and me feeling like death.

At this point the same lady came up to us and told me not to cry I was in Disneyworld after all (yeah something you would say to a 5 year old) Anyway she toddled off and spoke to someone who spoke to someone and they ended up cropping the photo so that the boys arms couldn’t be seen, of which she gave to us for free =]

I don’t know what it was that made her, maybe her Disney heart felt sorry for me, perhaps it was the group of important Arabic men behind me as I was having a blub, or maybe it was purely the shock of having a 20YrOld crying her eyes out over a photo.

Now I don’t advise making a fool of yourself but one I got the photo that 5mins ago I was banned from owning and two it was Free =]

INSERT PHOTO HERE WHEN SCANNED IN!

We had a nice peaceful. non eventful tram ride back to the car and Scott bless him was trying to make me laugh at what had happened. He does know how to cheer me up =]

I still felt rough but we had to eat and it being one of my favourite places we went to Olive Garden at Formosa Gardens.
I was feeling beyond ill and munched on some salad and some breadsticks but when my main arrived I had one bite and couldn’t manage anymore.
Because of this I apologise but there is no photos =[

We paid and explained to the waitress that everything was fine but I just didn’t feel well enough to eat.

I don’t know what upset me more tbh, Tomorrow would be my birthday and I was spending it at Discovery cove and I just kept thinking how we would have to cancel and that I was ruining our amazing trip =[

We pulled up outside Super target and I stayed in our lovely Musty wrapped in my blanket to have a few moments peace whilst Scott went in and chose me a Birthday card and some Medicine.

I spent my time snuggled up feeling sorry for myself but I also had some entertainment with a young lad and some trolleys. He was getting in a right palaver with them wheeling off down the car park, close to cars etc

Scott came back a little later with a little gift bag, Bless him. He had bought me some Dayquil&Nyquil, a birthday card, a pack of four muffins, a ‘Dove’ chocolate bar and a bit of a strange item next… Sheet straps! Yea okay it might sound strange but these are the best little gadget ever!
They basically go on the corners of your bed sheets nice and tight!
He knows the way to my heart <3

It was 930 by the time we got home and I dosed up on my medicine and curled up straight to sleep as I needed to be better for tomorrow!
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 11, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Admire your stamina on an 'icky day'. Hope you feel well for you bday tomorrow. x
Old 23 Dec 11, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. Hope it didn't last too long.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 11, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post

You did well to last that long when you were feeling so ill, well done you! I hope you felt better the next day for your Birthday
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 11, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
So not a brilliant day since yesterday? Shame, although you did very well to keep going. Don't know if I could have done that! Hopefully your birthday was better?!
Old 23 Dec 11, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Oh what a shame, how horrible to feel poorly on holiday

You did really well to keep going all day, fingers crossed you feel better tomorrow.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Dec 11, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

What a shame you were not feeling well.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Dec 11, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
i have you top! love it!
you did amazing to keep going while you felt rough! but i bet looking back you were glad you did, a day in bed wouldn't have been much fun!

looking forward to hearing more!
Old 24 Dec 11, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Im surprised you noticed as cant see much of it in the photos today!
Good Ol Primark =]

Atm I would prefer to re do that whole day feeling rough in Flo than be stuck in windy rainy England!
Oh I Wish I could go back tomorrow!
A day in bed would have been a waste l
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 11, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

Had to smile to myself at the photo of you on the Backlot Tour. The girl over your shoulder is trying so hard to get on your photo.
Great TR so far, pity you're not feeling too good.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List