Link to this Post
Nettings
Imagineer

Nettings's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Big Four-O Trip - Adventure into the Unknown!

The Cast

Gez - 40th - Always wanted to go to Vegas for his 40th!
Me - Clarks - Would prefer to be going to Orlando!
Jack - 13 - Laid back, won't get that excited about anything!
Ben -11 - Will be worried about the flying bit!

After getting having a security blanket of planning many trips to Orlando, I now had the task of sorting out DH's 40th Birthday trip to SF and LV!

We're travelling to SF first by BA - staying at Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf. Then onto LV via Continental Airlines to stay at The Signature Suites MGM Grand. I'd got some good quotes from various company's but my friend who works as a Personal Travel Advisor (Co-Op) had worked hard to match the prices and infact got us B&B at HIE and a Junior Suite at SS.

To be honest, I really couldn't get into the rest of the planning - whilst I like adventure and seeing new places, neither place hold much interest for me (blush!) and I like the security of knowing Florida! But finally, after clearing away the Christmas decs I got Gez to help me - well it is for his birthday after all

I set about finally sorting our Travel Insurance, made use of the Meteor Meet and Greet 25% off code and completed our ESTA's (which after I'd paid for them, were authorised immediately! Very impressed). Then when Gez came in, I pestered to get other things sorted.

So Bank Holiday Monday consisted of hitting our credit card, HARD! So much so we got an automated call from Barclaycard Fraud Dept to ensure that the purchases made were legit! After answering, correctly!, their questions, we carried on making the most of our credit limit (blush!).

So what did we book...

We sorted Vegas first even though we're starting in SF.

Trip to the Grand Canyon - through Papillon. We've gone the whole hog! Collection from Hotel, Plane to GC, Helicopter into the Canyon, Boat ride down the river, Helicopter back up to the Skywalk, entry onto Skywalk, then return via Plane, then drop off at our Hotel. No wonder Barclaycard called! :-O

Trip to Hoover Dam - we couldn't book the tour we wanted as its turn up and pay - but we've booked a rental car, unfortunately not the car Gez wanted as it wasn't available to book.

We've rented it for our trip and then will return it to the Airport when we leave the next day. As...

Shooting Gallery - the boys wanted to part-take of this :S We'll be doing this on the day we're due to leave, making the most of the morning. Again, not booked yet as its turn up and choose a package.

A Show - After consideration, as we have the boys with us, the choice was between a Cirque (KA or Mystere) or Blue Man Group. As we'd never seen BMG, we decided to book this. Have seats slightly to the side of stage but have saved about $200! and thankfully we're not in the "poncho" section!?!

Ok now for SF...

Trip to Alcatraz - Gez looked long and hard at this - had found a City Tour and Alcatraz joint tour, but decided on separating the two. We're going on the more indepth and highly recommended evening tour - now I must admit, this is what I'm looking forward to the most!

Still to Book - Gez is comparing reviews for the various hop-on, hop-off City Tours and we'll probably go for a 2-day ticket. Hoping to take in Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard Street, Nob Hill and Twin Peaks to name but a few places of interest.

Chinese New Year - Have just discovered (put a lot of thought into this trip, can you tell! :S) that celebrations take place in China Town on the Saturday when we're there. Its rated as one of the World's top CNY parades. Can't wait for this either!

Nettings is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 12, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sounds like a greal plan. Busy days for you all.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 12, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

Ive just done Vegas and SF as part of my honeymoon - Your plans sound great.
Your boys will love Alcatraz there is so much to learn and see - we loved taking a boat around the bay area if you have the time - Have a great one

L x
Old 16 Jan 12, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Sounds great Sue. Simon fancies a change from Florida () so I've been considering the West Coast as an alternative, although wondered if our boys were too young? However, you've got plenty planned so I don't think I need to worry
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 12, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Nettings
Imagineer

Nettings's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
Sounds great Sue. Simon fancies a change from Florida () so I've been considering the West Coast as an alternative, although wondered if our boys were too young? However, you've got plenty planned so I don't think I need to worry
Actually Jo since writing this my excitement has been rising about it all - I think I was just fretting about the flight and the helicopter/small plane ride - which I know I won't like and I'm sure DS2 won't be happy about But DH has assured me that he'll take care of DS2 so I can look after meself Good job DS1 is so laid back, he won't care either way xxx
Nettings is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 12, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Wow sounds fantastic

xxx
Old 29 Apr 12, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Sounds awesome x

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 12, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post

Sounds great Sue. I really liked our trip to Alcatraz back in 1994. We also stayed at HI FW - can't remember much.if I am honest so must have been fine. Make sure you take a warm hoody for SF, the wind can be chilly. Vegas is great too. You'll have a blast
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 12, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Hang on, this has already happened hasn't it?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 12, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Nettings
Imagineer

Nettings's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Minnie's Sal View Post
Hang on, this has already happened hasn't it?
Yes Sal - My pre-trippie and the rest of my report are on my signature xx