Notices

Old 23 Jan 12, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

update 3 Go To Orlando, My First Ever Trip Report!

Well here goes... this is my first ever attempt at any kind of a trip report, I'm a little bit nervous – so I hope you enjoy reading it.

Background:
I first visited Orlando in 1990 , I went with my parents, younger siblings, DD1 then aged 5 & DS then aged 2, and it's safe to say I got hooked, MGM was newly opened (no ToT, or R&RC ) the main show was Dick Tracey, US was new, the Bates Motel was still on the hill – great photo op!

Met the lovely OH in 1992 & planned his first trip to the mouse for 1994, this was eventually cancelled due to the surprise appearance of DD2 Cody who was due during our first week in Orlando! (Pictured below in pink shorts & super hero disguise! )

Happily we did eventually make it back sporadically (1996 and 1999) with groups of 12

down to 4,

the last trip being Oct/Nov 2005, DD1 gave it a miss that year and fast forward to now, DS has plans of his own...

Making the cast for this trip:

Me, Nicky! Currently 45, will be 46 when travelling – planner, organiser, bossy boots & complete Orlando fanatic!
OH, Mike – Just turned 50, will be 51 when travelling – easy going, follower of my plans & huge fan of parks, food & weather!

DD2, Cody – currently 17, will be 18 just before travelling – excitable, dinosaur mad, coaster loving, animal fanatic!

This holiday is really turning into Cody's 18th birthday treat and was meant to be our last Orlando blow out as , we thought we may fancy pastures new in the future (yeah right!), hence three weeks (a first), with week 1 on Disney property which is also a first, but with all of the planning and research, I would like to consider a pre-Christmas trip in the not too distant future!

I'm really looking forward everything we have planned – I know its ages away, but we were originally scheduled to fly on 28th October last year, however Cody started college in September & we were 'strongly advised' to postpone due the over subscription of the course she has chosen, so we cancelled & re-booked for 1st October this year & I can't wait!

I have a HUGE to do list but do have a fairly good idea of what we want to do – we intend to cram in as much as we can, we always do and we have some new experiences planned as well as all of the old favourites. If all goes to plan, I intend to note down meal costs etc as I have found this type of thread very informative when others have done this and think it can help with budgeting.

I still have so much to do, Cody's & my passports have expired, ESTAs, pay the balance, order the park tickets, spending money... wow... good job it's still a while... I'll update when there is something to add...

Hope I haven't bored you all!

Edited at 02:30 PM. Reason: Updating
nickymouse66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 12, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Love the old photos and oh how things have changed since that first visit.

Hope your DD has a very special 18th and you all have a fab time.

Look forward to reading more
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 12, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chaffey View Post
Love the old photos and oh how things have changed since that first visit.

Hope your DD has a very special 18th and you all have a fab time.

Look forward to reading more
Thanks for reading! Glad you liked the old pic!
Old 23 Jan 12, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start to your pre-trip! Wow, it's amazing how quick things change in Orlando, love the old pics!
Looking forward to reading more of your plans
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 12, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ppodangel View Post
Great start to your pre-trip! Wow, it's amazing how quick things change in Orlando, love the old pics!
Looking forward to reading more of your plans

I know & things have probably changed again too!
Expedition Everest was still being built last time & WWOHP wasn't even a thought last time we went, there's so much to look forward to
Old 15 Feb 12, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

Great PT although cant see the pic's :o(.
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 12, 02:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Ladleboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Yeah cant see pics either!
Ladleboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 12, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ayles300 View Post
Great PT although cant see the pic's :o(.
Originally Posted by Ladleboy View Post
Yeah cant see pics either!
Sorry guys! Don't know what happened - I've put the pics back in - hope they stay there now
Old 20 Feb 12, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

Wow love the pics really nice seeing old photos of parks.x
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 12, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
nickymouse66
Imagineer

Talking UPDATED at last

Well... where did that year go

I'm happy to report that apart from changing our spending money, we are about ready to go

It hasn't been an easy ride, we were on a tight budget to begin with and had several disasters during the lead up ...the washing machine died, the car had 'issues' and we had a spell of panicking and curtailing , when, as if by magic, we had some PPI come through We had only tried our luck after my sister was successful and couldn't believe our good fortune when we had enough to pay for some of the tickets and cover the spending money... that was a real relief and the original plan was re-instated

I must've changed our plan a thousand times after reading some fantastic threads on here and we have a really packed three weeks with loads of firsts...we've never done MNSSHP before (Cody has a Woody from Toy Story costume - specially made for her by her clever god mother ), I've not decided whether to dress up or not yet & DH is sticking with a Halloween tee shirt
We have booked a trip to Miami, a trip to St Augustine, an overnight stay on a ranch and a trip to Clearwater - all new experiences as well as doing the usual parks and HHN, we also made use of the Groupon deal for the Ice Bar which should be interesting

We'd like to try lots of restaurants this time, including The Cheesecake Factory, Bubba Gumps, Red Lobster, Dave & Busters among may others and although DH has expressed the fact he will be embarrassed when I produce the camera every meal time, I have convinced him that it is a necessary thing (in fact, almost a legal requirement ) and therefore, if he wants to eat, the food must first be photographed!

Cody has decided her mission is to drink as many different kinds of milk shake as humanly possible in every location possible, so, in the spirit of this, I have offered to keep her company but with lower calorie Margaritas () so that she doesn't feel lonely on her quest - I'm a good parent like that DH is will accompany us with a beer I'm sure...

So - the photo pass share is booked, ESTAs & API completed, tickets all booked and paid for... I'd really love to do a trippie when we get back, complete with lots of food pics ... so thanks for reading so far...