VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Talking Viva Las San Di Frisco Day 6 - Vegas

Viva Las San Di Frisco Day 6 Tuesday 30th August

Las Vegas

Weather – Hot Hot Hot well over 100 degrees

We sleep in it’s 6.30am when I open my eyes, the first day we have slept late happens to be the day w are due to be collected at 7.30am for our Scoot City Tour

It was one of the highlights of the entire holiday booked via Groupon for the bargain price of $125 (2 for 1)

Here is what Scoot City Tours describe, whilst reading this imagine me in the background ip late scrambling around getting ready looking for suncream, money, copy of the booking form arghhhh!

Scoot City has handpicked several stops along our tour to make sure you have the time of your life and can take back some memorable pictures as well. Every stop has an amazing back drop for picture taking, and we think you’ll agree that the scenery almost feels surreal at times. The tour starts in a very exclusive area of Las Vegas called Summerlin (named after Howard Hughes’ grandmother). You’ll have an opportunity to cruise through some really nice neighbourhoods and truly understand that life does exist off the Las Vegas Strip. The locals will stare, clap, and even honk at you to show their appreciation of something cool and different. After about a 5 mile drive through the middle of the Mojave Desert (of course on a paved road) your jaw is gonna drop at the pure beauty of Red Rock Canyon. One of the most beautiful canyons you’ll ever see. Not to mention, our first stop is the brand new $23 million visitor’s centre. The U.S. Federal Government did a wonderful job of building an amazing facility that is not only educational, but very cool to check out as well. Then we’re off to at least three more stops in the canyon where you’ll have a chance to see where professional rock climbers come from all over the world to climb, and you can even try a little hiking/climbing yourself. One of the most amazing views is when we roll up to the High Point Overlook (we’ll be almost up to 5000 feet elevation). You’ll have expansive views of the southern part of the Las Vegas Valley with almost 70 miles of visibility looking out towards Los Angeles. As we continue to cruise through the canyon looking like a pack of “skittles,” there is a really good chance to see some wild burros and other wildlife.

Not having time for a proper breakfast we have, what turns out to be the best homemade blueberry muffin I have ever tasted, it’s from the little bakery inside The Cosmo, it’s scrummy and after that and a large coffee I feel awake

We are picked up promptly by our host and we are introduced to the other passengers , we are soon in our little cars and after a safety demo we are on our way

We are totally blown away by the breathtakingly beautiful scenery and it truly is awesome!

Our tour comes to an end all too soon, and we are dropped off back at the hotel we shower to wash the dust off and the copious amounts of sun lotion, we used Soltan once factor 50 and we didn’t burn, I’m really fair skinned so I was impressed.

By now we are starving to we head to the hidden pizza place for a lovely pepperoni and chilli pizza.

We take a cab to Freemont Street, the driver is an English, toothless crackpot, these are the nicest observations I can make about him on a family site. He is a conspiracy theorist with a twist, and the twist is he is completely barking mad! Example of what we had to listen to

‘’The queen was related to Hitler, that’s why Buck Palace wasn’t bombed during the war’’ ‘’The Queen killed Diana’’ ‘’There are aliens and he’s got proof’’ and so it went on and on and on.

When he finally dropped us off we were at the Premium Outlets and not Fremont Street, both of us were so relieved to get out we didn’t even complain.

We had a look around the stores, well its rude not to! And we weren’t impressed we thought they were more expensive than the equivalent in Orlando. I needed some eye cream which I picked up from The Cosmetics Store but that was all

We continued onto our Original Destination, it was desolate, so after a quick wander and a cheeky cocktail we took another cab and thankfully normal cabbie! and went back to the strip.

We pottered around in the room for a while before going for a Vesper Martini in the Vesper bar, then off to a lovely restaurant called Jaleo, it was wonderful food well worth the $178 bill including drinks

The food is Spanish Tapas brilliantly executed, we had dish after dish of exquisite food, there is no pressure to order everything at once, just order when you feel like it

Dishes included

Ostra ‘Gin & Tonic’*
Five oysters with lemon, gin and tonic

Arroz a banda con bogavante
Literally meaning, ‘rice apart from lobster,’
made with lobster and cuttlefish

Cigala al natural
Seared Norwegian lobster with jasmine
air and romesco dressing

We go back to the room open a bottle of fizz and sit outside listening to Music and watching the fountains.

We should have then called it a night, but I’m in good idea mode and decide we should get ready and go out, so we did, the details are sketchy but I know we had fun, I know a lot of people tried to teach us how to play craps but it wasn’t happening, but the cocktails were all free. It’s funny but the more I drank the less I understood lol!

Next thing I wake up its 5.30am the lights and TV are still on a full cocktail is beside the bed and I have quite the Hangover, I get up and check there isn’t a tiger in the bathroom, you will be pleased to know there wasn’t

Edited at 07:47 PM.
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 12, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

LOL! Hilarious!

We too have booked the Scoot City Tours after reading about it on here, and also got the Groupon deal too. Your pics look fab, so looking forward to that actually.

Did you go to Fremont Street in the afternoon then, we were planning on going at night. Hopefully it may be a bit more "happening" then, and plan on eating and maybe a show down there too. We shall see.

Another fab day.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 12, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
LOL! Hilarious!

We too have booked the Scoot City Tours after reading about it on here, and also got the Groupon deal too. Your pics look fab, so looking forward to that actually.

Did you go to Fremont Street in the afternoon then, we were planning on going at night. Hopefully it may be a bit more "happening" then, and plan on eating and maybe a show down there too. We shall see.

Another fab day.
Scoot City - you will love it! cant praise it enough and the guys that lead the tour are very funny and great hosts

Fremont Street is much better in the evening, you will enjoy it

Anything you want to know just ask, I'm happy to help where I can
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 12, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Fab fab day !
The Scoot Tour looked fun.
Love the Elvis picture.
Hope your Hangover didn't last too long !
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 12, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Originally Posted by Helen0705 View Post
Fab fab day !
The Scoot Tour looked fun.
Love the Elvis picture.
Hope your Hangover didn't last too long !
The Elvis picture in one of my favourites of the whole trip, where else could you see a herd of Elvis's

The hangover lasted a little too long for my liking
Old 3 Feb 12, 05:36 AM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Good news about the lack of tiger!

another brill day & night
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 12, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Love the look of the tour, what a great way to see the scenery. Sounds like a really fun evening too

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 12, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
What a fun day .

Are the Elvis's real or was that double vision from all the cocktails lol.

We went to Fremont Street at night when it is alot livelier,have to agree there are some colourful characters in Vegas.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 12, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
hangover - lol...

wow, I enjoyed to read your trip story as my husband and I had been discussed that we are thinking go to Las Vegas and have not decide whether SF or NY... I was reading your story about SF look cool to me.

As I have been NY twice without my kids, now kids want see NY but I want see SF.

I see that you booked virgin amercian from SF to LV and flew for one hour?

I continue to read your trip story

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 14, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
soudns like a merry evening was had! I had to laugh at your taxi drivers, they all sound crazy!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List