Old 3 Feb 12, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
OKWe're going when - Day Five

Shopping, Blizzard Beach and Magic Kingdom – 24Oct11

So today was going to finally be the day that we paid our first visit to Busch Gardens, however everyone was now feeling the effects of our action packed few days.So instead we decide to abandon our plans and have a lay in and take everything a little easy.

As the girls were desperate to go to the M+M shop and The Disney store at the Florida Mall we decided that we would have a leisurely breakfast in the apartment and would head out to Walmart followed by a shopping trip where the girls could spend some of their money.
Everyone opted for toast and fruit. I think the girls were needing some normal food after all the buffets we had had over the last few days and devoured two slices of toast each:pop: whilst watching Disney Jr in bed. It isn’t often that they are allowed to do this so think that living in this apartment all the time would be great. After our nice leisurely breakfast we opt to pack the swimming stuff in the car just in case we manage a trip to BB later in the day. We leave the apartment at 10.30 and head straight to Walmart. Isn’t it amazing how you can lose an hour and a half in these shops without even trying. The girls are up and down every aisle looking at just how much they could buy.

We spend quite a while looking at fancy dress outfits for MNSSHP but decide that the girls really want a new Disney dress so it seems silly spending money on two outfits so leave empty handed. We pick up some more snacks for the room and I spot the Christmas decorations. Now this is always a danger as I love Christmas. There are loads that I could easily buy but having spent over $100 at the Disney Christmas store last night and with my sensible head on I pick up just one tree decorations. Next the girls head to the toy section. Now they want everything they see but are promptly told they are only allowed one toy each as they need to save some money for the Florida Mall. Olivia’s choice was easy as she had already been asking for a Barbie doll before we left England. When she saw the doll right there on the shelf she was beside herself with excitement. Millie on the other hand really didn’t know what she wanted and eventually settled for a Barbie doll as well.

We head over to the till and the girls both pay for their own purchases and feel very grown up. We then start to put our bits through when all of a sudden the assistant just stops without any explanation. Can you imagine if an assistant just stopped in Asda. Anyway with half our stuff scanned and the rest still waiting the girl decides to lay her head on the till. We are kind of dumb founded a little at how someone would just stop but all the Americans were running around shouting for medical help. A supervise turns up and leads her to a seat and then comes and finishes putting our shopping through the till without any explanation. Don’t get me wrong if someone is ill then action should be taken but I really think that this is how our cultures differ. It really felt as if a drama wasn’t caused then there would be someone suing Walmart.

Anyway with our shopping finally done we load all our stuff in the car and head for the M+M shop. The girls adore this shop and certainly associate M+M with America probably because this was the first place they had ever tried them. With two very excited girls we are soon pulling up at the Florida Mall and the girls are soon out of their car seats and skipping towards the shops. Once inside the girls spot the pretzel counter and decide they’re hungry and need some cinnamon pretzel bites. I have to say they were delicious:pop: and we could have quite easily eaten a lot more, but luckily the girls had spotted the Disney Store sign and were off. Both girls love the cuddly princess dolls and Millie was looking for a Mulan doll and Olivia wanted Pocohontas neither of which were available in England. Millie instantly found Mulan but they had sold out of Pocohontas. Olivia was a little upset so I had to promise her that we would try and get back there before we left to go home. Millie was very good to her though and let her have a cuddle with Mulan. We also managed to pick up a couple of t-shirts each for both girls. I think Millie had Mulan and Minnie mouse and Olivia had Mulan and Pocohontas. With both girls carrying their purchases it’s time for the M+M shop.

The girls are both straight to the M+M tubes with their bags in hand selecting all the colours they want. I also pick up some peanut butter M+Ms for a friend and Olivia gives me a quick reminder that I mustn’t touch her until I’ve washed my hands. The bill was over $30 for three bags of M+Ms, but I have to say the bags of M+Ms are still half full in the chocolate box in the kitchen now. The girls are a little dismayed as they now think as they have all they want we are heading home but Paul wants to visit American Eagle. I feel their pain as Paul can be quite indecisive about buying clothes so know that we could be in for a long wait. Luckily we are out of the shop after 30mins having spent $102.50. As the time is now 2.30 we decide it’s time for a quick rest room stop and then we are going to try and get to Blizzard Beach for a quick swim.

I can’t quite believe that it takes us 45mins to get to Blizzard Beach from the Florida Mall. We pull up to quite an empty car park at 3.45 and make a run for the gates as we only have until 5pm to enjoy the park. The park is extremely quiet and we use this to our full advantage.

First up we go up and do team boat springs, we opt to take the ski lift up. I ride with Olivia and Millie goes with Paul. When the lap bar comes down the bit that goes between your legs misses Olivia completely and not being great with heights I have visions of her slipping under the safety bar. Add to this the fact that half way up the lift stops all I can say is I am glad to get off when we get to the top. Once at the top both girls worry that we are taking them to Summet Plummet, bless them and are relieved when we turn and head for the family raft ride. Olivia loves it but Millie is a little apprehensive to start with. But soon both are laughing their heads off and screaming their way to the bottom.

With this under their belts the girls ask if they can go to Ski Patrol area where they ride the slides several times. As we know we are very limited for time we suggest that we head over to Melt away Bay so the girls can ride the waves for a while. The girls have an absolute ball in here and with time approaching 4.50 they ask if we can ride Team Boat Springs again before we leave. We hope to catch the ski lift again but as we get there they close but tell us we can still take the steps up. We rush over and start to climb and I have to say the girls managed the stairs very well and we were soon at the top. We hopped in the last ring of the day and were soon squealing our way down. We might have only had an hour here but we had a fantastic time. We go and get changed whilst trying to decide what we are going to do for tea. Once we are dressed we go and take a couple of pictures and return our locker key.

chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 12, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
We both wonder if MK is shut tonight for MNSSHP and enquire at the exit. Luckily for us MK is open as normal tonight so we ask the girls if they want to head straight there and get some tea. Without any objections the girls are soon in their car seats and ready to go.

We arrive at MK and the girls are excited to park in the evil section in Zurg 107. After tonight whenever we arrive at MK the girls are always eager to work out if we are going to park in the good or evil section. For quickness tonight we opt to take the Monorail over and manage to enter the park just as the dream parade is heading back down Main Street. The girls stop and watch and are soon dancing and waving to their hearts content.

Once the parade is over we grab a couple of photopass pictures

before heading to Tomorrow Land and Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe.

The girls both opt for chicken nuggets and fries as do I. Paul has the combo with mash potato. Mine and the girls are perfectly fine but Paul returns his as his mashed potato is cold. The one he returns with is scolding and he is more than happy. Once full we decide to wander over to Adventure land and just have a look around before finding a spot to watch the Electric Light Parade. Unfortunately whilst waiting me and Paul get eaten alive yet again, the things we will do to enable us to see a parade at Disney.

The girls loved the parade as did I. Paul decided that once it was finished we should head home hopefully missing all the crowds that would exit after wishes. I would have liked to stop and see the fireworks and watch the photo show on the castle but was over ruled saying we would see it later in the holiday. (I still haven’t forgiven him yet for making me miss it). We opted to take the monorail back and we were soon on our way back to OKW. Both girls were flat out in the back of the car even though Millie swears that she was still awake. What do you think?

We were back in the apartment by 10 and everyone was straight in bed and soon fast asleep.

Tomorrow – Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 12, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Great day - you packed lots in - not surprised they zonked out in the car.
dixonsontour is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 12, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

Sounds like you all had a great day, where do you get all your energy from to keep going like that lol.

Look forward to reading more.

Karen

P.S. Did Olivia manage to find a Pocohontas doll
k l is excited is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 12, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by k l is excited View Post
Sounds like you all had a great day, where do you get all your energy from to keep going like that lol.

Look forward to reading more.

Karen

P.S. Did Olivia manage to find a Pocohontas doll
I always have lots of energy when I'm on holiday, just hate sitting still.

Luckily my brother works for BA and managed to get one delivered to the hotel they stay at in Florida so Pocohontas turned up at christmas. Let's just say Olivia is was jumping for joy and Santa is one clever man according to her
Old 3 Feb 12, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Great day - you packed lots in - not surprised they zonked out in the car.
Hi,
Glad I'm not the only one thats convinced that Millie was zonked in the car, she's still saying that she wasn't asleep
Old 3 Feb 12, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
happy08
Apprentice Imagineer

What a busy day. Great report x

WDW - April 2008 (AS MOVIES), October 2008 (Renaissance), July 2011 - 3 weeks (AKL, HRH), August 2013 - 3.5 weeks (OKW, LRP, Renaissance), August 2015 (CBR). October 2015 (HRH), Aug 2017 (YC, LRP), July 2019 (AKL + LRP), February 2020 (AS MUSIC)
happy08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 12, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Wow you certainly packed alot in! Well done you! She certainly looks zonked to me x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 12, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
phillipsajtj
Excited about Disney

Thought you were going to have a quiet day. We also visited the M&M's store and came out with a bag full. Peanut butter M&M's yummy.
Jessica got a belle soft toy while we were there along with a belle dress, shoes and tiara. That child costs me a fortune x
phillipsajtj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 12, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Sorry people photobucket have just let me know I have exceeded my limit on photos, normal service will resume shortly