Notices

Old 26 Feb 12, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Talking Our Disney Honeymoon pre-trip

Hello everyone

So here is goes a pre trip report slightly nervous due to how amazing all of the other pre trip reports are...

The bride to be: me, 24 years old, Infant school teacher and a huge fan of Disney!
+
The Groom to be: 26 years old (tomorrow) an architect technologist and a huge fan of disney
= The perfect match hehe

Well we met four years ago and in our second year of being together we decided to take a trip to Disneyworld (August 2010). I had already been six times with my family and the groom to be had never been before. He was VERY excited and I acted like a bit of a know it all We had the most amazing time it was so much better going on my own rather than the family. No offence but I had to eat and do what they wanted me to do and I was younger with little spending money. The following year we got enagaged in paris and then decided to get married July 2012.

So the most important question where are we going to go for our honeymoon?
Groom to be had the bug "let's go to Florida" me "erm let's do something different" GTB "But Florida is the best holiday" me "thats true let's book it!"
I had only ever stayed on international drive and my dream hotel was the animal kingdom lodge however there was a problem lack of money! As we searched for hotels I would be looking at pictures of AKL and dreaming of staying there and then something amazing happened... My groom to be found CHEAP flights on the dibb yay so the extra money we had was put towards booking the AKL. So we both owe our dream hotel to the dibb posts

We are flying out on the 31st July with Delta from Heathrow at 9.45am so a nice early morning rise we hope we don't hit too much traffic due to the olympics and we will then spend 14 nights at the AKL with DDP, $150 free spending money and Disney and Universal tickets.

Once it was booked I knew that I wanted a book to help me plan our honeymoon and I selected the passporter it is great! I got the duelux edition and I have already started to fill it in.

Also we are putting in a little bit of Disney into our wedding with a lovely china minnie and micky cake topper, the table names are named after all the disney parks with a photo of the park and then a photo of us at the park on the other side and then we will be leaving the reception to the song 'Holiday road' as a tribute to the amazing videos from Phil, Emma and Ben.

So stayed tuned for the next report where I will tell you all the places that we will be eating at and the attractions we will be doing on each day...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 12, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tink3
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you will have an amazing time, looking forward to reading more.

Even miracles take a little time - The Fairy Godmother

Aug 16-Oak Island Cove/Polynesian/HRH
Oct/Nov 15-Windwood Bay/AKL
May 14-Calabay Park @TL/AKL
Feb/Mar 13-Clear Creek
Aug 11-Hotel Cheyenne DLP
Mar/Apr 11-Calabay Park
Apr 08-Lake Davenport Estates
tink3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 12, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Great start looking forward to reading more of you plans
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 12, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
pennycrayon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Plans sound fab, I love your idea of leaving your reception to the "holiday road" song!
Old 26 Feb 12, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Good start - we are there at the same time.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 12, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Ahh this sounds really good, I'm glad your fiance managed to convince you Disney was the right choice... oh wait... that was me!

We're gonna have a great time!
Old 28 Feb 12, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks guys for reading and leaving comments will put another one up at the weekend, any tips about a pre trip are always welcome as well
Old 4 Mar 12, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Hello again

So I have already down the background information (see last thread) and now I would like to share our itinerary with all of you Disney fans! Plus if you manage to read all the way through you will also see our 'Wish List' of things that we hope to do more about that later! So here goes...

Travel Day: My lovely sister will be picking us up from our home at around 3am and will drop us off to Heathrow Airport! We have also flown from Gatwick so this is a new one for us We will check in and let them know we are on honeymoon (well you have to try don't you). The once we are through security we will head to spoons for a nice fry up and pear, kopperberg cider yum! Then it will be time for some shopping yay. I will have to get some perfume and then off to whsmiths to get magazines and sweets. I have been told that Delta airline food is horrible so I may get a meal deal to take on board and a krispy creme donut.
Then we will board the plane all on time of course well it better be and then off into the sky... Will watch tv and go through everything in my Disney passporter just to check! We will arrive get the magical express to AKL and then dump our bags and go for a swim and a dip in the hot tub then off to bed...

Day 2
So travel day was a little OTT so I will try and cut down a little :p We will be up early and ready to go for Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal table at 8.15am we will spend the whole day at Magic Kingdom and go on pretty much everything! Then we will have dinner at Cosmic rays watch wishes (prefered viewing) and go back to the hotel.

Day 3
See I can stop waffling if I try we will be off to typhoon lagoon to chill out and get a suntan. We learn't from our mistakes as last time our timetable was too full on and we needed a relax day early on! We will go back to the hotel where I will get myself all 'dolled' up and then we are off to the Grand Flordian for dinner at Citricos at 8pm. Once we are finished we will go down to the beach to watch wishes and sit in hammocks.

Day 4
Will be breakfast at our hotel at Boma so we will be nice and full up. Then off to Epcot to spend the whole day there and go on everything except for captain EO ahhhh hate that silly show that took 30mins of my life away last time I won't let it this time sorry rant over. We will attempt to do the classic bar crawl around all the countries and then have some dinner at Lotus blossom. Will then watch illuminations (preferred viewing).

Day 5
Hollywood studios the usual go on everything and get very scared when going on tower of terror but its my fav anyway. Then have dinner at 50's prime time so excited about this one as I have never been and it looks rad! Then watch fantasmic. Hopefully get home at a reasonable hour due to on our last trip being stranded when staying on International drive and not getting home until 2am grim times.

Day 6
We will be off to Universal for most of the day but we won't be able to resist hopping over to IOA for a butterbeer in Harry Potter cannot wait to taste that again. Then we will have some dinner at Bubba Gumps (or Bubba Shrimp as I thought it was called ) and maybe go to the cinema afterwards or if the Universal night show is running will watch that.

Day 7
Off to Animal Kingdom only for half a day though to do the safari, water ride and have a corn dog. Then off to Magic Kingdom for dinner at Tony's Town Square more rides and fun!

Day 8
Maybe go to downtown for a balloon ride then off to Epcot for the day again and dinner at San Angel Inn we both can't wait for this one looks so romantic then head to the boadwalk for some evening drinks and a bit of a dance.

Day 9
Yes we will have a hangover but... it's shopping day and I can shop with a hangover so it is fine. Off to two malls to spend as much as we can afford...Husband i'm sure will be getting new trainers

Day 10
Blizzard beach time I don't do many water slides due to being scared that my bikini will come off or that I will drown even though I can swim but still. So I will be soaking up the sun and spending time on the lazy river. Then back to the hotel for a change of clothes and then onto Downtown Disney for dinner at planet hollywood and an evening at Disney Quest where I will beat my new husband at every game :p

Day 11
Will be Seaworld all day not one of my favourite parks but I still feel I should do it. Then back to have dinner at the Royal table at 7.10pm.

Day 12
Universal and IOA again but more focus on IOA this time and then dinner at mels drive in where they have the best milkshakes ever oh and my pink car is outside.

Day 13
Is a good question discovery cove IF we afford it if not back to one of our favourites for the day. Then Jiko for dinner at 7.10pm.

Day 14
Hollywood studios all day and dinner at Mama Melrose at 7.00pm.

Day 15
Back home but we won't talk about that!

I'm sure I have missed out lots of information but nevermind I can update. Right next post is our Wish List...
Old 4 Mar 12, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Right if you would still like to read on then thank you!

To make this the most perfect honeymoon we both came up with things that we wish to do whilst on holiday. Now some are out of our control and others are more realistic. So I thought I would share it with you here is our Disney Honeymoon Wish List...

Have a horse and carriage ride
Visit the sports bar at Boadwalk
Buy some Tower of Terror hand towels
Buy a donald cup
Buy a Disney photo album and frame
Visit the Jazz bar at Downtown
Get drunk on cocktails
Rave it up
Have a photo with Micky and Minnie
Have a photo with Donald Duck
Go on the hot air balloon at downtown disney
Get a honeymoon perk
Have a little alcohol on the plane
Have a jacuzzi late at night
Have a drink in every country at Epcot
Get chosen to be in the Indiana Jones show
Design a disney t shirt
Get handbag from epcot
Use the night vision goggles at AKL
Sit in a hammock at the Grand Floridian
Get boat to Magic Kingdom
Try a Churro
Try a twinkie
Have a corn dog each
Try a dole whipp
Do a drawing at the art of animation

So what do you think? Realistic?
Thanks for reading
Old 4 Mar 12, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post

We are Disney honeymooners too in September this year

First up, congratulations!

I think your itinerary is really good and it should give you a good chance of making all (or most!) those honeymoon wishes come true.

The only thing I would suggest is scheduling some time on the Disney days to go back to the AKL in the middle of the day to lie at the pool and have a siesta? For instance on Day 2 it might be nice to head back around 1pm or 2pm for a relax, then head back to MK for your dinner and to spend the evening? You may as well make the most of staying on site and the Disney buses are great.

Happy honeymoon planning!

Xxx