Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
14 days DDP dining report Sept 2011

Hi guys,

When we were over last September I decided I was going to do a dining report and duly took loads of photos and even wrote mini reports on my phone in the evening! Of course when we got home and the reality of not going this year hit I sunk into depression and have only now been able to face the thought!
Anyway I'm going to give it a go. I'm not a "foodie" although I do like my food so I'm not great at describing but everyone just wants to see the photos anyway, don't they?
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 12, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
The first few reports I'll do in one go as I don't have photos.

Holiday Inn Glasgow Airport - we decided just to eat here for easiness but I had a bit of an upset stomach so only had water. It was very expensive. A bowl of soup was £6! In the end my sister Marie had a starter (one of those sharing ones) and a diet coke and the bill came to £15. Can't comment too much on that!
Drum and Monkey Glasgow Airport - standard airport fare. I had bacon, eggs and toast which filled a hole. Marie had a roll & sausage. Nothing exciting.
Virgin Atlantic - I watched the stewardess all the way up offering people mac & cheese and decided I was having it when Marie took the last one! I think I ended up with sausage and mash. Typical airline food. I passed on the sandwich later which Marie declared "alright".

Our first DDP meal was at Goods to Go, OKW. We were starved after having problems with the check-in process (they sent us to a studio someone else was in!). I chose the burger and Marie the hot dog which we enjoyed. Desserts were carrot cake and brownie that lay in the fridge and then got thrown out after a few days! The carrot cake at CS places tends to be a bit dry if you don't eat it straight away.
We also bought our refillable mugs.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 12, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
So first full day was AK and we had an 8.05 reservation for Tusker House. Unfortunately by stomach upset was still lingering so I couldn't really take advantage. Good breakfast food with a mixture of unusual dishes which I wasn't game to try. Lovely Jungle juice! I'd love to have had a bottle to take away! Good character interaction, they all came round and took enough time to shake hands, give kisses and have photos taken.
Buffet photos can look a bit odd (maybe disgusting is the word!) but here goes!
click the pictures to make them bigger!

Click image for larger version

Name:	florida 2011 013.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	38394

Name:	florida 2011 014.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	38395

Name:	florida 2011 015.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	38396

Name:	florida 2011 018.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	38397

Edited at 07:05 PM.
Old 28 Feb 12, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Due to our early start we managed all the rides we wanted to do by 11am. We decided to do the jungle trek and check out the shops to kill time until our lunch ADR at Yak & Yeti. Our res was for 1 pm but we were starting to get hungry around 12 so we headed to Y&Y to see if they'd take us early which they did.
We both ordered the fruit punch which was a bit too cherry. For entree Marie had the Crispy Honey Chicken with jasmine rice and I had the Baby Back Ribs which came with hoisin BBQ sauce, chicken fried rice and sweet chilli slaw. The honey chicken was too sweet and it didn't take long to get sick of it, the punch didn't help. The ribs came with chicken fried rice which was just ok but the "slaw" was nice. The ribs were nice with plenty of meat that fell away from the bone. I'd have liked more hoisin and less BBQ but again my dodgy tummy meant I couldn't really give it a fair judgement. The fruit punch didn't help here either as the BBQ sauce was sweet too.
Desserts were the mango pie - lovely but I couldn't finish and the Fried Wontons - skewers of pineapple and cream cheese wontons with vanilla ice cream and honey vanilla drizzle . I had such high hopes for the skewers but they were really disappointing. They tasted like deep fried Philadelphia which I suppose is what they were!

Cherry Punch

Name:	florida 2011 069.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	38398

The ribs

Name:	florida 2011 072.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	38399

The honey chicken

Name:	florida 2011 073.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	38400

the fried wontons

Name:	florida 2011 074.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	38401

the mango pie

Name:	florida 2011 075.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	38402

Edited at 07:28 PM.
Old 28 Feb 12, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post

OH lovely a foodie thread shame about your poorly tummy I know what you mean about Buffet photos I put such odd stuff on my plate I was pondering over a Yak and Yeti ADR but changed my mind but the pics look yummy apart from all that pepper in the slaw
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 12, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Great start. Looking forward to more.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 12, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyMadFan View Post
OH lovely a foodie thread shame about your poorly tummy I know what you mean about Buffet photos I put such odd stuff on my plate I was pondering over a Yak and Yeti ADR but changed my mind but the pics look yummy apart from all that pepper in the slaw
Although we didn't love the food the Yak & Yeti is definitely somewhere I'd want to try again. There were so many things I wanted to try!
Old 28 Feb 12, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Since we'd had a table service at lunch dinner was Wolfgang Puck's Express. We decided to share a margherita pizza and penne bolognaise (we've done this a few times). Both were really nice although they put peas and carrots in the bolognaise which I'm not a fan of. Dessert was a choc chip cookie which we ate in the room later with a coffee and it was lovely - the best choc chip cookies I think I've had! No picture of the cookie on this occasion. WPE is still the best use of a CS credit.

margherita pizza

Name:	florida 2011 106.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	38407

pennette bolognaise

Name:	florida 2011 107.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	38408
Old 28 Feb 12, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
On our first MK day we had breakfast booked at Crystal Palace, one of our favourites. This was the first of two breakfasts at CP with us having an ADR on our last day. Forgot to take pictures this time but there's some later. We thought we'd left enough time to get there for our 8.05 ADR but the monorail took ages. I'd say work out how long it'll take you and add half an hour! The queue just to check in was huge so it was well past our time when we got seated. We caught Pooh before we went to get food and headed up before Tigger arrived. The food was nice but I was disappointed not to find the donut centres I'd enjoyed so much the year before.
Character wise, we had long finished eating before Piglet and Eeyore got anywhere near us so decided just to go and catch them next time. We were too full to eat anymore plus the queue was huge.

Since I've no pics of this here are some snacks we had mid-morning.

Dole Whips!

Name:	florida 2011 149.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	38409
Mine's a vanilla dole whip with diet coke float although you can't see it.

Name:	florida 2011 150.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	38410
Pineapple dole whip with pineapple juice. Starting to melt already!
Old 28 Feb 12, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Lunch was at Columbia Harbour House (first time). I had shrimp and fish with french fries and Marie had the tuna sandwich which came with crisps. She said was "gherkinyish". I assume there was chopped up pickle in it. It also looked like the centre of it was missing. It was nice for a change as we usually end up in Cosmic Rays in MK having burgers. Desserts were the chocolate cake which ended up in the bin uneaten (I was full) and the apple crisp which was nice but needed cream or something as it was a bit dry.

Tuna sandwich

Name:	florida 2011 153.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	38411
Fish and shrimp

Name:	florida 2011 154.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	38412
Desserts

Name:	florida 2011 155.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	38413