Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Mar 12, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mertin
Imagineer

AKV Standard Studios - Jambo

We've booked a standard view studio for AKV and I'm trying to find out what the chances are of ending up with a car park view...

I've come across this room plan... (on another forum )

This is apparently a plan of level 5. Is it right that the DVC rooms are all on level 5 (apart from concierge) ?
I'm led to believe that the rooms on this plan that are not coloured in are not DVC rooms.
If all this is right, it would suggest that there are only 2 DVC studios which overlook the carpark, so the odds of being put in one of them are fairly slim?
2022 - BLT, Disney Fantasy; BLT Disney Dream
DVC Owner at Bay Lake Tower
mertin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 12, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

From what I understand is that all standard studio view at jambo look over the pool. The values can look over car park, pool or savannah.
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 12, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We've had standard views and had better savannah views than when we've booked a savannah! But it's always a chance what you'll end up with - standard views can be car park, pool or savannah views

Dvc rooms are levels 4 and 5
Old 21 Mar 12, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by °o°-Hannah-°o° View Post
We've had standard views and had better savannah views than when we've booked a savannah! But it's always a chance what you'll end up with - standard views can be car park, pool or savannah views

Dvc rooms are levels 4 and 5
I'm sure I've read that standard studios at jambo face the pool, it's the value studios that can face pool, parking lot or savannah. Will try and find the map with catagories on.
mulv2222 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 12, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
We have stayed several times in studios of different views and have had a savannah view when booking standard

Just had another look at the map and I think we had room 5545 and 5547 last trip - these were savannah views but booked a standard

Anyway, akl had more savannah views than any other due to its shape and even if you don't get a savannah there will be a view point only a few metres from your door

Edited at 09:16 AM.
°o°-Hannah-°o° is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 12, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mulv2222
Very Serious Dibber

it has the different levels of rooms colour coded so good to use in conjunction with the map already posted.

Edited at 08:09 AM.
Old 23 Mar 12, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mertin
Imagineer

Thanks for this Confirms what I was hoping

Edited at 08:17 AM.
mertin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 12, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mertin View Post
Thanks for this Confirms what I was hoping
no chance of a car park view according to the map which is great for you

but does this mean then that there are only 7 standard villas full stop? or 7 on each floor, giving 14 standard views across the 2 dvc floors?
no wonder we always end up with a savannah view
Old 23 Mar 12, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mertin
Imagineer

Based on the first plan I posted, that shows 21 studios with a 'pool' view, so if the 4th floor is the same layout, I suppose it would be safe to assume there are 42

The second plan show some similar info, so I'm guessing that the first on is right.

We stayed at AKL in a 'normal' room previously which was standard view, but I would've classed it as Savannah myself - I was just hoping for a non-car park view, so all is looking good
Old 23 Mar 12, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread