Old 24 Mar 12, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Yes we're going to Vegas with the KIDS again Day 2

Me... 38 lover of NASCAR , Outspoken ,
DH... 43 Lover of all things with wheels, quiet , suffer of psoratic arthritus but carries on regardless
DD...13 Loves Shopping, not keen on racing, 90% lovely 10% hormonal Teenage
DD...9 Love NASCAR , 9 going on 19 , not a fan of shopping unless its for him.

We didnt have much planned for today as the next day we were driving to Phoenix .

I woke several times in the night finally giving up about 5am ,everyone slept till 7ish so i filled in the time surfing the net.

Today talked of being hot and the weather didnt disappoint it was in the lower 70's

Once we were all showered and presentable we decided to go to Dennys for breakfast but one off the strip near some Walmarts (directions arent my thing lol) . Breakfast was yummy and i could feel the waistband groaning lol..

Then it was time to hit Walmart, supposedly to buy drinks and snacks for Phoenix (i object to paying $4 for a drink at the race track).
Well we walk in the door to be faced with a huge stack of NASCAR themed tins of popcorn.. i pick up the Harvick one (my fav) but DS & DH are gutted to find only one of their fav the #88 car and its damaged oh well never mind lol..
Further down another display selling various NASCAR goodies , several t-shirts, sticks, bags (we have a Nascar themed room at home so stuff goes in there) and god knows what we move on and end up buy the kids some t-shirts, suncream and then find ourselves in the toy section.. DH/ DS then purchase several special hotwheels cars they've been after. We do eventually purchase what we went for and about $200's lighter we leave !

DH & DS are moaning about not getting their popcorn tin so we go to the other Walmart nearby and yes they find one and some more flipping hotwheels cars !

DH then decides we should go to the Premium outlets and get me a belated birthday present well if he insists who am i to argue !
We wander round and Chloe gets some bargains in the Converse shop and Connor a few bits from FOX sports shop.. Then DH takes me into Guess and tells me to choose a handbag and purse..Result ! Very nice black bag and matching purse bought and i'm happy I also had my first cinamon pretzel of the holiday.

Had enough shopping for now so we go back to the hotel and sort a few bits out for our 3 nights in Phoenix and just chill out for a little bit.

By now its 5pm and the kids are hungry but dont know what they want to eat ... So we get changed and head out for a walk and see where we end up. No one has a massive appetite so we end up in the foodcourt at Gameworks where i have a Subway (which cost $3's more than having the exact same thing off the strip) and the others have pizza from Sbarro. Kids want to see more of the strip so we wander down stopping to look in the Sugar Factory , such an expensive shop $25 for a lollipop !
We take a slow walk back which talks a while as we stop to watch the street performers, there's a magician nr M&M'S that is very good and we watched him most evenings.

Get back to the hotel around 9pm and its straight to bed for the kids who are out like a light

Connor with his favorite Driver

Our hire car

daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 12, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

NASCAR popcorn... Love it! Only in America
Old 25 Mar 12, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
NASCAR popcorn... Love it! Only in America
I know lol... but what i didnt realise was that there were 3 flavors in the tins, Toffee, Salted and Cheese... Toffee yum,Salted ok , Cheese YUCK !
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 12, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
I know lol... but what i didnt realise was that there were 3 flavors in the tins, Toffee, Salted and Cheese... Toffee yum,Salted ok , Cheese YUCK !

Tell me they weren't all mixed up together
Old 25 Mar 12, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoaddict
Apprentice Imagineer

We had some of that in a Santa tin at Xmas - The cheese one smelt and tasted like sick. It was one of the most disgusting things I have ever tasted!

Loving your trip reports and vegas info - We took our eldest two when they were 2 and 7 months, and again at 4 and 2. We're off there again this summer with our three girls who will be 12, 10 and 6 so loving all of your kid friendly info.
Orlandoaddict is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 12, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Tell me they weren't all mixed up together
There's cardboard partions in the tin, but you can really smell the cheese, it ended up in the bin lol..

Originally Posted by Orlandoaddict View Post
We had some of that in a Santa tin at Xmas - The cheese one smelt and tasted like sick. It was one of the most disgusting things I have ever tasted!

Loving your trip reports and vegas info - We took our eldest two when they were 2 and 7 months, and again at 4 and 2. We're off there again this summer with our three girls who will be 12, 10 and 6 so loving all of your kid friendly info.
I agree about the popcorn.. so who on earth does like it i wonder !

Thanks.. two of your kids are similiar ages to mine then . We were talking to the owner of the sweet shop at the outlets, he moved out there from England 12 yrs ago and he was telling us the locals are desperate for a proper theme park to be built nr the strip to bring in more families.

I dont know if your planning to take your girls to the "theme" park in Circus Circus but if you do i advise you to walk round it before buying any tickets, we went in there and i bet half the rides werent working , had i bought wristbands in advance like i was going to i'd have demanded a refund !
Old 26 Mar 12, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoaddict
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks.. two of your kids are similiar ages to mine then . We were talking to the owner of the sweet shop at the outlets, he moved out there from England 12 yrs ago and he was telling us the locals are desperate for a proper theme park to be built nr the strip to bring in more families.

I dont know if your planning to take your girls to the "theme" park in Circus Circus but if you do i advise you to walk round it before buying any tickets, we went in there and i bet half the rides werent working , had i bought wristbands in advance like i was going to i'd have demanded a refund !
Yes, we are planning to go there - so will definitely have a look round first. Thanks!

We're actually going to be out there for my eldest daughters birthday, have you got any tips of the best places to go? She definitely wants to do some shopping and we were also thinking about Ethel M Chocolate Factory - Have you ever been?

So excited about this trip as we've been to Florida for the last few years and can't wait to do something different
Orlandoaddict is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 12, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Orlandoaddict View Post
Yes, we are planning to go there - so will definitely have a look round first. Thanks!

We're actually going to be out there for my eldest daughters birthday, have you got any tips of the best places to go? She definitely wants to do some shopping and we were also thinking about Ethel M Chocolate Factory - Have you ever been?

So excited about this trip as we've been to Florida for the last few years and can't wait to do something different
One of the nicest shopping places imo is Town Square just off the main strip (past Mandalay bay) there will be some pics later in the trip reports. Its laid out like a town / village i suppose but has all the main shops there and also a nice grass area and small play park with a maze (its for under 12's ).. also has a few cafes/ restuarants.

A nice fun place but reasonably priced is Roxys Diner in the Stratosphere , portions are huge and my kids loved it ..Will be some pics of that too at some point.

I have been to Ethels M's but in 2006 , its ok , nothing overly great.

We had a fab couple of hours at Madame Tussauds , would she like that ? I wouldnt have paid $100 but we got tickets from tix4tonite and paid $48 and it was well worth it.
Old 27 Mar 12, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Ugh at the cheesy popcorn, I really can't think of anything worse!

Happy belated birthday - your purse and bag sound great!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 12, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoaddict
Apprentice Imagineer

One of the nicest shopping places imo is Town Square just off the main strip (past Mandalay bay) there will be some pics later in the trip reports. Its laid out like a town / village i suppose but has all the main shops there and also a nice grass area and small play park with a maze (its for under 12's ).. also has a few cafes/ restuarants.

A nice fun place but reasonably priced is Roxys Diner in the Stratosphere , portions are huge and my kids loved it ..Will be some pics of that too at some point.

I have been to Ethels M's but in 2006 , its ok , nothing overly great.

We had a fab couple of hours at Madame Tussauds , would she like that ? I wouldnt have paid $100 but we got tickets from tix4tonite and paid $48 and it was well worth it.
That's fantastic thanks - Hadn't thought of Madame Tussauds. We keep saying that we are going to go to the one in London but never get round to it, so that could be the perfect choice.