Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Apr 12, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post

Not a wedding at Disney but...

we will be having a Disneymoon, so close enough
Here are the wedding plans so far almost three months to go so we are getting VERY excited!

Me (24) and Dan (26) we have been together for 4years we met whilst working in Sainsburys he was my boss haha, we left there and ended up moving in together. He popped the question a year and a half ago in Paris it was perfect

So now we have been planning our dream wedding for the past year and here are some of our plans so far...

The venue
We will be getting married in the church I was christened at. We have two readings and three hymes with the church choir to help us out and then we will be heading to our venue at a Hilton hotel.

Our theme
Is just really roses and the colour cadburys purple! With a little hint of Disney Here are some of the things we are having.

My flowers except they will be in a heart shape

Bridesmaids flowers x 4
Will be the same but with some cream roses as well.

Outfits
Bridesmaid dresses x 4

Flowergirl dress

Page boy will be in a grey suit with a bow tie he is only going to be 18months so very cute!
One of my brothers will be an usher and the other one will be giving me away.
All the men are in slim fit grey suits with waistcoats and purple ties.

Can't show you mine i'm afraid as Dan is often on the dibb but will show you after the event I can show you my shoes though

Cake
Dan's step mum will be making the cake for us three tiers of these yummy!

Cake topper

Table decorations
Similar to this but in purple.

We are also having purple sweets as favours and the kids have a disney activity bag. We have also made True or False cards about us for the guests to guess the answers to help break the ice!

Our car

Has a free bar will be handy to calm the nerves

Candy bar
In the evening we will be having a candy bar

All our guests will also be having a shot of jagermeister as well after the speeches to get the party started!

Our first dance will be to the song 'Stand by me' and then straight after Rhianna 'Please don't stop the music' my fav

Honeymoon venue
Animal Kingdom Lodge at Disneyworld

Hope you enjoyed that small glimpse into our special day will be sure to update... thanks for looking x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 12, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Wow i love your shoes, are they irregular choice?

Your plans sound great
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 12, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
Wow i love your shoes, are they irregular choice?

Your plans sound great
Ah thanks, yes they are told the photographer he must get a photo of them on the day haha
Old 10 Apr 12, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Your day sounds perfect! Me and my DFi met whilst working at Sainsburys too! Both out of there now though (thank goodness! )

Congratulations!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 12, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
Your day sounds perfect! Me and my DFi met whilst working at Sainsburys too! Both out of there now though (thank goodness! )

Congratulations!

Lol small world, yer tell me about it, stacking shampoo for 5 years was enough for me
Thanks, you too
Old 17 Apr 12, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Wow, congratulations on your engagement!
Your wedding plans sound excellent, I love all the Disney touches! I saw on your Disneymoon pre-trippie too that you're naming the tables after the parks, with photos of you at the parks, which I think it a wicked idea! Love the candy bar, and the jagermeister that will be sure to break the ice between guests and get the party well and truly started! Can't wait to hear more! :pop:
Old 17 Apr 12, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
disney2012
Proud to wear my Ears

First Dance song, Ben E King, Stand By Me?

That's what ours is going to be too!...ONE day!

Sounds perfect! Can't wait to read more and see the photos...not long to go really! You nervous or more excited?
Disney Coronado Springs Resort (Sep 2012)
Other Trips (Sep ‘07, Dec ‘00/Jan ‘01 & Jun ‘97)
disney2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 12, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by kansaskitty View Post
Wow, congratulations on your engagement!
Your wedding plans sound excellent, I love all the Disney touches! I saw on your Disneymoon pre-trippie too that you're naming the tables after the parks, with photos of you at the parks, which I think it a wicked idea! Love the candy bar, and the jagermeister that will be sure to break the ice between guests and get the party well and truly started! Can't wait to hear more! :pop:
Ah thank you...lol thats the idea the party after is very important, I will keep this updated! Thanks for reading
Old 17 Apr 12, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disney2012 View Post
First Dance song, Ben E King, Stand By Me?

That's what ours is going to be too!...ONE day!

Sounds perfect! Can't wait to read more and see the photos...not long to go really! You nervous or more excited?
Yep, oh wow small world it's such a lovely song to dance to, we obviously have good taste hehe. Not long at all a little of both really, want the day to go well but so excited for it to be here Thanks for reading.
Old 10 Jun 12, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Been a while since I have updated been so busy, all we seem to do at the moment is wedding related hehe

Had our hair trials yesterday for me and teh bridesmaids loved mine but think we are going to change the bridesmaids ones. Want a messy bun to the side. A small drama I decided I really didn't like my wedding ring it was really plain and I just got it because it was a good price really. My mum is amazing and managed to help me out so that I could get a new one which I LOVE that will come in to the shop next week can't wait!

Dan has got his shoes and cuflinks for his dad and best man as a present. I am making hampers for my mum and dan's step mum, a necklace for the flowergirl, teddy for page boy and a watch for my brother who is giving me away. Managed to get all of our sweets for the candy bar just got to try and not eat them now hehe.

Upcoming events dress fitting next week ahhhh, bands being read at church and Hen and Stag do's we both have been left in the dark about what is happening so will update you after the event

Thanks for reading
Closed Thread