Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Apr 12, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
wickesy
VIP Dibber

Fantasy Surf & Turf: Day 11 - Animal Kingdom

We were up at 7:30 today and just over an hour later we set off to drive down to Budget at Port Canaveral to pick up my driving licence.

It seems that with all the panic over the 'lost' credit card I had dropped my licence in the parking lot and somebody had handed it in, but unfortunately not until after we had left. Once I had collected it we made our way back and went straight to Animal Kingdom, arriving around 11:20.

We were too late for the next Festival of the Lion King show so we wandered up to Kilimanjaro Safaris and got fast passes for 12:15 - 1:15 and then wandered back to Pizzafari where we had an Italian style sandwich and a Coke each.

After lunch we walked round to FOTLK for the 12:30 show and they were opening the doors just as we got there. We were in the lion section this time and enjoyed the show as much as always - I still get goose bumps when the bird 'flies' during Can You Feel The Love Tonight.

Once the show had finished we went back to Kilimanjaro Safaris and got there at about 1:12, just in time to use our fast passes.

At the end of the safari we wandered back through the park, looking in the shops on the way and left the park, getting back to AKL at about 2:30.

We sat in the room for a while and as the wifi was a bit flaky we decided to see if it was better in the lobby, but after sitting down there for a while we found it still kept cutting out so we had a look around the gift shop and then went back upstairs.

Just before 6:00 we went out to tonight's restaurant of choice, which was Steak 'n Shake where Dad had a chicken melt with a mocha milkshake and I had a pepper jack melt. We had intended to go to Downtown Disney afterwards but when we got there and found that most of the parking lots were already full we decided to give it a miss and went back to AKL instead.

We had a wander out back and had a look at the animals.

Michelle, if you are reading, this last one was taken especially for you.

Then we went upstairs to relax before going to bed at 10:30 ready for a day of shopping and Magic Kingdom tomorrow.

Day 12

Trip Reports: WDW '07 ~ WDW '08 ~ SF & Disneyland '08 ~ WDW '09 ~ Smokies '09 ~ DLP '10 ~ DCL '10 ~ Crown Princess '11 ~ WDW '11 ~ DCL '12 ~ DCL '13

Edited at 07:12 PM.
wickesy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 12, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Intrigued about the photo of a zebra's bottom!
Old 15 Apr 12, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
wickesy
VIP Dibber

It's a running joke between me and my friend Michelle from the DISBoards. I can't remember exactly how it started but one or other of us seemed to always be taking pictures of animals behinds so now we do it deliberately.

Trip Reports: WDW '07 ~ WDW '08 ~ SF & Disneyland '08 ~ WDW '09 ~ Smokies '09 ~ DLP '10 ~ DCL '10 ~ Crown Princess '11 ~ WDW '11 ~ DCL '12 ~ DCL '13

wickesy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 12, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another lovely day despite the detour to retrieve your licence.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 12, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I love the fact that you had driven back to Port Canaveral and bak and got into AK before DH and I would have made it in during our 2nd week
margyloveswdw is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 12, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread