Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
OKWe're going when - Day Eight

Warning this might be photo heavy today

Wednesday 27th October 11 – RPR and IOA

Today was the day we were on the move for just one night. Knowing we would have front of line access today we didn’t rush to get ready. I was awake around 7ish and decided to let people sleep and get ready in peace. One by one everyone else finally woke up and readied themselves. We all partook in some breakfast which was toast and fruit before I finished packing the last few bits.

We left old key west about 9.30 and our first point of call was to fill the car up with petrol. We stopped at the Hess station opposite the Caribe Royale and it doesn’t matter how many times I fill up with gas in the states their petrol pumps still confuse me. We paid cash up front which I think was $50 and the girl said just come back and get the change once you have finished. She was obviously very used to the English thinking that the petrol was going to be more than it actually was. $37 later and Paul trotted off for the change. All filled up and we headed down International Drive for the final part of the journey. Today was looking as it was going to be a warm day something that we certainly hadn’t experienced so far this holiday.

The girls always like to look for the hotel we stayed at in 2009 so they had great fun looking out for it. The Sheraton Vistana always seems to have building work going on so it isn’t too hard to spot.

We arrived at the RPR about 10.15am and were checked in very quickly. The room we had been given was in tower 3, floor 4, 3426 was to be our home for the night. We dumped our bags and the girls switched on the TV to watch a bit of Nick. The girls also seemed to be having fun messing about on the bed. Not really sure what they were doing but they were happy!

Sun-creamed up and we were soon on our way to IOA. We decided that we would catch the water taxi to City Walk. This brought back some happy memories as the last time we were doing this journey was when Millie was nine months old.

We stopped at guest services and exchanged our voucher for tickets before heading into the park.

I had told Paul that if he was doing the Hulk then he needed to do it first thing. In 2009 he had wanted to ride and decided to leave it until later in the day, if you joined me for my 2009 report you would know that the weather by the afternoon was pretty horrendous and he never got to ride. So he headed off to ride whilst the girls spent some time having pictures taken on the rickshaw and meeting Woody woodpecker.

They then stood under the Hulk to see if they could see Daddy. Olivia was asking if she could ride with Daddy but sadly she is way too short at the moment. Millie on the other hand was saying that there is no way she is ever riding it. Paul was off within 10mins and said he is obviously getting old as he doesn’t remember being thrown around quite so much last time.

Now Paul had promised the girls that if they went on some of the rides like BTMRR and EE then he would ride Doctor Dooms Fearfall. So with the girls keeping up their part of the bargain they told Paul that he now had to ride Doctor Doom. He told them he would do it later in the day! Yeah right! He chickened out and trust me the girls have never let him forget it. They are now telling him that when we go in 2013 he has to ride TOT. I won’t hold my breath but I get the feeling that Olivia will want to ride so he may just have too!

Edited at 11:39 AM.
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
With Paul deciding he wasn’t brave enough to ride we headed off to SpiderMan. We walked straight on with Millie telling us she was a little nervous. Nothing new there then! We all rode and enjoyed it and Millie even said she would go on again. On exiting we decided to head over to Seuss Landing and on our way we were meet with what I believe to be the incredible four. To me these are classed as boys toys so I have little knowledge of who the characters our. Anyway moving on!

First up in Suess landing was Cat in the Hat followed by One fish, two fish where Olivia managed to get me soaked which Millie and Paul thought was hilarious. As we were in the area we rode a couple of times on the Caro-seuss-el and then finally we rode the trolley ride in the sky. At least this time it didn’t start raining hard.
As today was proving to be hot we decided to stop for Ice-cream,:pop: Millie wanted a brownie caramel sundae and Olivia opted for caramel waffle sundae. They were huge so we might just off helped the girls out making sure that they were eaten before they melted everywhere.

We decided that we would head over to Harry Potter next just to have a look. Olivia and I decide though that we would ride Flight of the Hippogriff or flight of the hippopotamus as Olivia named it. Millie was desperate to ride and got as far as the loading area before deciding she really wasn’t brave enough. Whilst riding we noticed that the wait time for FB was only twenty minutes, which at 2pm in the afternoon was not a bad wait time. Paul decided though that he would come back in the morning.

We carried on walking round in to Jurassic Park where Millie decided it would be great fun to stand in the splash zone for Jurassic Park river adventure and watch the boats drop. You guessed it she was absolutely soaked.

So what else to do but ride popeye and bluto’s bilge rat barges. In 2009 the girls hadn’t ridden so they were extremely excited to be able to do it this time. They screamed with laughter all the way round. Olivia was the one that got the bucket dumped right over the top of her but needless to say we were all pretty soaked. We got off and ran straight back round and got on again. If you are going to be soaked to the skin you might as well do it properly. The girls laughed hysterically all the way round again as did we. Millie and Olivia declared this one of their favourite rides. I managed to wring the girls dresses out before deciding that maybe it would be a good idea to let them go in the human dryer. I have to say that this didn’t do much for my clothes but it worked wonders on the girls.

chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Looks like a great day
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
We gave the girls the option of getting some lunch next and then heading back to the swimming pool at RPR or riding some rides. We were quite happy to do whatever they choose as we had ridden everything that we wanted too. The girls decided to opt for lunch and swimming. As we knew we would be going to Bubba Gumps for tea we knew that we would only want a sandwich to keep us going so we opted for Croissant Moon bakery.
On the way towards the exit of the parl Olivia spotted Popeye and Olive and had a sneaky picture taken.

We all shared a ham and cheese sub and Italian Panini with a bag of lays. The girls had apple juice, Paul had a latte and I had a diet coke which was massive but it was much needed. We took our time eating and people watching and I have to say it was bliss sitting in the sun catch some rays.

Once we had finished we headed back to RPR and the girls were straight up to the room to get changed so that they could jump in the pool. We were in the pool by 4.30 and spent a good couple of hours in there just playing and having fun.

Millie decided to take part in some of the activites around the pool and got paired with a boy of about 12 who hated the idea of being paired with a little girl so much so that he ignored all the rules and purposefully throw a water filled balloon at her when he wasn't meant to, which resulted in her being out of the game which caused the tears to flow. Much to the girls annoyance and minus a pair of goggles at 6.30 we told them it really was time to get ready and go and get some tea. They weren’t very happy about it but their tummy’s finally won and we all headed back to the room to get changed.

After quick showers we were all on our way to Bubba Gumps by 7.15. We opted to walk to city walk as the evening was still quite warm and thought that the walk would do us good. We were seated almost immediately I think we may have waited five minutes or so. We were soon shown to our table and ordered some drinks. Apple juice for the girls, beer for Paul and a virgin colada and diet coke for me.

Our waiter did stop by and ask us lots of questions about Forrest Gump and was amazed that we got all of the right apart from one, and he did say that we probably wouldn’t know the answer as it was about an American TV show. Bearing in mind I hadn’t watched the film for at least five years I thought we done well! Anyway on to food Paul and Millie both had fish and chips, Olivia had pizza as she doesn’t really care for fish and I had the shrimp platter but substituted the coconut prawns at a cost of 99c. The food was amazing and there wasn’t anything left on our plates apart from the blue Jelly that the girls got with their dinner.

We were all too full for dessert so asked for the bill. Unfortunately I can’t find the receipt so I’m not sure how much dinner cost but I think it was around $100. Whilst Paul waited for the bill I took Olivia back to the hotel as she was feeling a little under the weather and I thought the best place for her to be was in our hotel room. We walked back which took no more than 10mins although we did need to go through the front entrance as the pool entrance was closed. Paul and Millie decided to catch the water taxi back and seemed to take ages, they were about 30mins after us. By the time they got back me and Olivia were tucked up in bed and Olivia was feeling a little better having spent a little while in the bathroom. Millie hopped in to bed too and was soon fast asleep. Everyone else was asleep by 10pm.

Tomorrow – WWOHP and US
Old 30 Apr 12, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
amy1511
Imagineer

amy1511's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 5
lovely day,we loved bilges barges was one of our fav rides
amy1511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Fieryannie
Imagineer

nice day
Animal Kingdom Lodge - HRH - Aug/Sept 2012
All Star Music Resort - June/July 2009
Fieryannie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day, i love RPR
Old 1 May 12, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Great day kids look cute x

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 12, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Lovely day! Glad it was nice and warm for you especially after going on the bilge rafts!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 12, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
Looks like a great day
Thanks you, the girls loved it especially the getting wet or should that be soaked

Originally Posted by amy1511 View Post
lovely day,we loved bilges barges was one of our fav rides
It's DH favourite ride so much so that on a previous trip he managed to ride seven times in a row

Originally Posted by Fieryannie View Post
nice day
Thank you

Originally Posted by scotsprincess View Post
great day, i love RPR
RPR will always be one of my favourites as that is the first hotel we took Millie too. Now if only you could get a one bedroom apartment there it would be fab

Originally Posted by mrsbigbeak View Post
Great day kids look cute x
Thanks

Originally Posted by ppodangel View Post
Lovely day! Glad it was nice and warm for you especially after going on the bilge rafts!
Thank you, def a ride you can only do in the warm wouldn't want to do it if it was cold