Notices

Old 21 May 12, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post

:) Big Apple's and Disney Dreams! - Pre-Trippie!

First of all i just need to say that this is my first ever pre-trippie so it may not be the best but here goes!

Cast:
Me - Amy (25): Disney crazy and chief Orlando planner! Absolutely love all things Disney and cannot wait to get back to my favourite place in the whole world!

DF (Soon to be DH) - Graeme (28): Shopping crazy and chief New York planner! Not so keen on the Disney side of things and not a big fan of rides either but loves to go shopping!

The happy couple!

It had always been my dream to go WDW but a dream i never thought would happen. My df had been to WDW twice as a child with his parents and his brother so he was more 'been there, done that'. In 2006 after being with my fiance for 2 1/2 years i was delighted to hear that his family were planning a trip for us all to go to where else but WDW itself! I was delighted and began my countdown immediately. We went in October 2007 and it was the best holiday of my life! I will never forget the first time i saw that castle!I was devestated when we came home as i never thought that we would be able to go again.

In 2008 i was delighted to hear that once again we where going to WDW with my fiance and his family! Again it was amazing and just as sad to be coming home. My fiance promised me that one day we would come back, but said we couldnt go back until we had children of our own.

We got engaged in December 2010 and began planning the wedding right away. I knew that my df wasnt all that keen on going back to WDW so i didnt suggest that as a honeymoon destination and instead suggested maybe somewhere (anywhere) in America. I was stunned when a couple of weeks later he came to me with the idea of going to New York for 4 nights and then on to Florida for 2 weeks(breaking his 'not until we have children' rule)! We started looking around for deals and found a great price so we booked. With 398 days to go, we were heading back to the states!

We get married on the 2nd of November 2012 and then its off on honeymoon we go!
Our flights are all with United airlines. We have already booked our seats, we are the two pale blue seats on row 40 with the white one next to it

We fly from Manchester to Newark on the 5th of November. In New York we are staying at the Hotel Metro. On the 9th of November we fly from Newark to Orlando International. In Orlando we will be staying in the Enclave Suits which is just off International Drive.

We have read mixed reviews about the Enclave Suits but have decided not to worry about it. We have contacted them in advance to request a newly refurbished room and have been assured that they are going to do everything they can to make our stay enjoyable which was lovely to hear. I just hope they deliver!

Havent done too much in the way of planning yet as i had started when i realised our second day in Orlando was Veterans day with a bank holiday to follow so need to start over! Df has done our plan for New York but that is on his computer (heaven forbid i went on that!) so i will have to update at a later date.

I have however started to pack... I have a beautiful new suitcase and inside i have started to pack some of our new bits and pieces (toiletries, clothes, shoes etc). have been trying to pick something up whenever i go shopping. My family all think im mad but no harm in being prepared!

As for ADR's we havent made any as of yet but are hoping to book a character breakfast soon (dont mind which one). Other than that we dont mind where we eat really. We have a list of places we would like to try where we've never eaten before including iHop and Denny's, but we are quite easily pleased when it comes to food!

Well thats all for now folks but i will update when i can.
TTFN

***UPDATE 10/06/12***
Just a quick update as i now have the plan for New York
It is as follows...

Monday 5th November:-
Travelling, arriving mid afternoon
Go for a walk to get our bearings
Visit Time Square
Go to see a show on Broadway

Tuesday 6th November:-
Visit Ground Zero
Ferry trip past the Statue of Liberty on the Staten Island ferry (this is FREE! )
Visit China town
Go up Empire State Building

Wedesday 7th November:-
Walk to Central Park (Rickshaw tour and ice skating)
Walk to Time Square
Go up Rockefeller Centre (After sunset)

Thurday 8th November:-
Shopping/Re-visiting any places we want to go back to

Friday 9th November:-
Travelling to Florida

This is the basic plan but we are going to try and sqeeze as much inbetween as is humanly possible!

A few must do's/see's are:-
Sprinkle's cupcake's, Dylan's Candy Bar, M&M shop, Toys 'R' Us, Hard Rock Cafe, Brooklyn Bridge, Macy's, Bloomingdale's,
Im sure this list will end up getting added to!

We are also thinking about booking a room at one of the hotels at Manchester Airport for the night before we go but nothing booked as of yet.

Well thats all for now, more soon!
TTFN

***UPDATE 28/07/12***
Hi all! Just an little update to say we have just been to pay the final balance on the holiday so its now all official

TTFN

***UPDATE 23/08/12***
Hi all! Time for another update! Only 73 days to go now! On Friday we ordered our theme park tickets, we got them from American Attractions. All together it came to £639. Thats for two Disney 14 day ultimate ticket's, and two Universal 2 park bonus ticket'. We've decided not to do Seaworld or Busch Gardens on this visit as my DF isn't too keen on those two and it means we have more time in the other parks. Still hoping to book a hotel at the airport for the night before we travel but havent booked anything as of yet. we have that left to do plus our Esta's and get our holiday insurance. Oh and a few more bits to buy (clothes, shampoo, conditioner, etc) and save spends lol.

TTFN

***UPDATE 28/08/12***

Our theme park tickets came today! EEEEEKKKK!

TTFN

***UPDATE 29/09/12***

We now have our Esta's sorted and we have booked our hotel at Manchester airport for the night before our flight. We are staying at the Radisson Blu. It cost £60 for the two of us for the night. Fairly resonable i thought, it is our honeymoon after all! We have also started loading up a money card from Thomas Cook. We also have our tickets for MVMCP and Gra surprised me with tickets to go and see Wicked the musical on Broadway as an early birthday present! Just Our insurance left to sort now and some more little bits to buy to pack and we'll be sorted! Getting so close!

TTFN!

Edited at 05:15 PM. Reason: Update
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 12, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
m1nn1em0use
Excited about Disney

Sounds fantastic! You are very lucky to go to both New York and WDW I would love to go to New York - it's on my places to go list

DLP July 2006, Villa Westhaven August 2007, Villa Southern Dunes August 2008, Villa Tuscany October 2009, POR August 2011, POR August 2012, DLP July 2013, NYC October 2013, POR and Disney Dream Aug 2014, Bahama Bay Resort July 2017
m1nn1em0use is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 12, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
sounds great! a fellow amy! bet you can't wait!
looking forward to reading more!
Old 21 May 12, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Sounds great Amz! Please do a full trippie!
Old 21 May 12, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

great start! we arrive home from our honeymoon the day you get married!

We are also doing nyc the florida - looking forward to your trippie
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 12, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Great Start!
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 12, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
jane2211
Very Serious Dibber

BRILLIANT
Old 22 May 12, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone! I will be making lots of notes throughout the honeymoon in preperation for my TR when i get home!
Old 23 Aug 12, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post

***UPDATED***