Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Jul 12, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jezzerinos
Apprentice Imagineer

Jezzerinos's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Cheeky's first Trip - Day 14 - The Final Farewell?

This was it, the final full day at Walt Disney World. The alarm (the actual alarm, not Joseph) woke us early as we had an ADR at the Crystal Palace to have breakfast with Winnie the Pooh and friends at 8:20am. We got up in a weird sort of mood, knowing that it was the last day and were at the Food Court just before 7am to get Joseph a banana before we got the bus. We seemed to wait a while but the bus soon came and we were at the Magic Kingdom for 8am.

As we had the reservation, we were allowed in early and what a view.

It was amazing to see how empty the park was and we had a good time getting some snaps of around Town Square and of the Partners statue.

We wanted to start a tradition that we thought was good (and saw that other dibbers had done). We brought Joseph’s Mickey balloon along and we released it into the sky, making a wish as it was let go.

Once we watched the balloon heading off, we went and checked in for our breakfast and were soon called to be seated at our table. As I’ve probably said about everything in my trippie so far, if you haven’t done this character breakfast, do it! The food is a buffet breakfast with some interesting choices like breakfast pizza and lasagne but with the usual food too. It was lovely and our waiter was Vinnie who was great!

Once we all were seated and got some food, Pooh bear was the first to see us.

Then came Piglet…..

…. and Eeyore.

We had pretty much finished our meal and were watching the other guests coming into the park as it was now officially open when Tigger came round!

Once we were all done, we headed into the park and got FastPasses for Mickey and Minnie before heading up Main Street to Tomorrowland. I went and grabbed a FastPass for Space Mountain then we all rode Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin. Joseph loved it yet again and actually hit one of the targets! We got off and I took Joseph on the TTA while Maria sat down as her knee was hurting a bit. As we were on the final section of the TTA, I noticed that Buzz was just coming out for his meet and greet. With his signature the only one left in the Magic Kingdom autograph book, we went and met him.

It was now time to head back down Main Street to see Mickey and Minnie so off we went. We did a lot of to-ing and fro-ing today but did everything we liked. It wasn’t a busy day either. So, we got in and didn’t really have a wait at all. Unlike the last day, this meet was much better, with no injuries!

Joseph got his Mickey fix again for the day so back up to the hub and into Tomorrowland again as it was now time to ride Space Mountain. Even though this Space Mountain isn’t as good as the one in Disneyland Paris, it is a classic and I really enjoy it. Whilst I was in space, it was quiet outside so Maria let Joseph have a little run around. He came running to her saying ‘titch’ (Stitch) as he had seen him coming out for a meet and greet.

I returned to MK-1 and Joseph needed a nappy change. However, we forgot to put some wipes in the bag so we popped over to the Baby Care Centre for a pit stop. After this, fresh and clean, we headed towards Fantasyland where we saw this little character!

I was quick to find the CM controlling this little chap but he was very funny as usual, singing It’s a Small World along the way.

We got to Fantasyland and Joseph had fallen asleep so we walked to Liberty Square so I could visit the place where ‘hinges creek in door less chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls.’ Once I was back with the living, we carried on where we left off with the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game which took us through Frontierland and into Adventureland. Not long after getting into Adventureland, Joseph woke up and without even having to guess, we knew which attraction he wanted to see.

Off to see the ‘yo ho’s’. After our little boat ride, we went and grabbed some chicken burgers and chicken nuggets at the Golden Outpost just around the corner. After lunch, Joseph wanted to go on the boat and ‘yo-ho’s’ so I took him on while Maria sat down. We got back on land once more and met up with Maria before getting on the Magic Carpets that Joseph wanted to ride. After this, we went back to see Philharmagic again, and again, Joseph was trying to catch everything he could. Next up was the Mad Tea Party and we all had a good spin!

We then headed back round to Adventureland to continue the Sorcerers game and get a Dole Whip. Just after obtaining the fruity goodness, it began to drizzle so we headed for cover opposite the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse and then once we had finished the dole whips, over to the First Aid to see if they could do anything to help Maria’s knee. They gave her some pain killers and when we got out (luckily under cover) it was pouring down! The heavens had opened and the masses were leaving. It’s like they didn’t know how the Florida rain worked. You only need to wait 30 minutes tops before it either slows down or stops!

Seeing as we were hungry and right next to it, we decided to get some dinner from Casey’s Corner. These hotdogs were gorgeous! Mustard and ketchup were on with some onions and mmmmmmmmmmm. We all enjoyed them on a table outside as there was no room inside (we were still under cover though).

Once we had finished our hotdogs and the rain had eased, we went and got into the Carousel of Progress. I had been looking forward to doing this. Seeing one of Walt’s attractions that he made for the 1964 New York World’s Fair in action was fascinating and really glad we went in. There really is a great big beautiful tomorrow! We got out once the show had finished and seeing as the queue was short, I went on Space Mountain and I found Maria and Joseph in the shop at the exit. We decided that we wouldn’t stay until the park closed so we took a very slow walk down Main Street USA.
WDW Onsite - May 09 (Honeymoon) - May 12 - Feb 14
Offsite hotels around Orlando - May 91, Mar 00, Mar 02, Apr 05, June 06

Edited at 08:26 PM.
Jezzerinos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 12, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jezzerinos
Apprentice Imagineer

Jezzerinos's Reviews
We got to the hub and Joseph had a little go at puddle jumping.

He loved it, getting his feet wet in the process of course! So, with a depressing sigh, we headed to Main Street, taking in all the details for the last time. I had seen a DVD, Imagineering the Magic Kingdom but couldn’t find it in the shop we saw it last but they had it in the Emporium luckily.

We were then back where it all began 2 weeks ago, Town Square. We had the photo with Roy O Disney and Minnie...

... and then said goodbye to Cinderella’s castle for the final time.

We begrudgingly left the Magic Kingdom and got on the bus. With a bit of sobbing on the way back to the hotel (not by Joseph) we decided that ‘NO! WE ARE NOT FINISHED HERE YET!’ and stamped our feet in the process! We decided that we would return for one last time to the Magic Kingdom in the morning for a few hours before getting the Magical Express to the airport.

That lifted our spirits and with that said, we got back and Maria began to pack the bags while I got Joseph ready for bed. Once he was settled, I helped get all the bits packed and ready for the Bell Services to collect and then we got ready for bed, going to sleep shortly after.

It was a very emotional day for us. Joseph was loving it all but Maria and I knew that it was our last day there. We didn’t let it ruin our day at all and still had a magical last full day. Once we decided we would go back, we were happier. With that said, the last day would be a cracker!

Click here for Day 15

Edited at 08:25 PM.
Jezzerinos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 12, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

I know how you feel when it's getting that close to end of your magical holiday but at least you have decided to go back for one more look in the morning. I have enjoyed reading your fabulous trip report. I am really looking forward to going back next month you have brought back all our wonderful memories as well. Thanks for writing it. I hope you, Maria & Joseph are able to go back to the most magical place in the world real soon.
Old 5 Jul 12, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jezzerinos
Apprentice Imagineer

Jezzerinos's Reviews
Originally Posted by k l is excited View Post
I know how you feel when it's getting that close to end of your magical holiday but at least you have decided to go back for one more look in the morning. I have enjoyed reading your fabulous trip report. I am really looking forward to going back next month you have brought back all our wonderful memories as well. Thanks for writing it. I hope you, Maria & Joseph are able to go back to the most magical place in the world real soon.
Thank you Karen, really glad you've enjoyed reading it. I really wanted to express how much we loved each and every day and also try and put you right there with us.

It was such an amazing trip and it was so sad to leave but we know we will be going back as soon as we can.

I'm just working on the final day now so will hopefully get that up tomorrow. Then I will give a sort of round up of the whole trip with highs and lows (if I can think of any lows that is) along with the best PhotoPass pics. I've loved doing this and it's a shame it's coming to an end!
Old 5 Jul 12, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Dissie
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I have loved your trip reports and hearing all about Joseph's experiences. I do not have kids so it is lovely to read about it and see the enjoyment on Joseph's face. He is a real cutie and I am sure he will break a few hearts when he older. Thank you for writing them
Old 5 Jul 12, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jezzerinos
Apprentice Imagineer

Jezzerinos's Reviews
Originally Posted by Dissie View Post
I have loved your trip reports and hearing all about Joseph's experiences. I do not have kids so it is lovely to read about it and see the enjoyment on Joseph's face. He is a real cutie and I am sure he will break a few hearts when he older. Thank you for writing them
Thank you Lesley. It was a completely new experience for us taking Joseph. I think we saw in a completely new perspective and I certainly saw everything in a new way. It's been an absolute pleasure doing this for you all and there is still a little bit to go.
Old 5 Jul 12, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

I have really enjoyed your report too and loved seeing all the photos of Joseph he looks so happy in them all. Will look out for your next one. Thanks for sharing.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 12, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jezzerinos
Apprentice Imagineer

Jezzerinos's Reviews
Originally Posted by Milner View Post
I have really enjoyed your report too and loved seeing all the photos of Joseph he looks so happy in them all. Will look out for your next one. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Carole. As I've said, it's been a pleasure doing it as it's bringing it all back. I can remember each day as though it was yesterday! It's sad for me that it's coming to an end again though!
Old 5 Jul 12, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
another lovely MK day with more brill photos
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 12, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle74
Apprentice Imagineer

I have really enjoyed your report. We have been before, but not with a 23 month old, so your report gave us some great ideas for our upcoming trip to see Mickey. I cant wait to see the amazement on his little face when we walk into Magic Kingdom. Thanks.

Quality Inn International 2 weeks Sept 2008.
Laguna Bay 2 weeks Sept 2009.
Southern Dunes 3 weeks Sept 2012. & Wedding
Florida Pines 3 weeks Apr/May 2015
Michelle74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List