Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
OKWe're going when - Day Fourteen

Wednesday 2nd November 2011
1900 Park Fare, Typhoon Lagoon and Narcoossee’s

Today was to be our last quietish day which was dedicated to food and water.
Luckily Paul had managed to change our original 8am ADR to 10.30am allowing us to have a little bit of a lay-in. I was still up around 7am which allowed me time to do the last bits of washing. I do love having the luxury of having washing facilities in our room. Everyone else was up at about 8ish. I really think that everyone was getting to the point where we could all do with a massive lay-in but there was time for that once we got home.

Ready to leave at 10am we headed straight to the Grand Floridian for our 1900 Park Fare breakfast. We arrived in plenty of time and on check-in we were given a pager which the girls took charge of. We went and found a comfy sofa in reception until our table was ready. Whilst waiting Millie tried her hardest to learn to whistle but wasn’t too successful.

Luckily when our pager buzzed we were shown to a table in the main dining room as opposed to one of the little rooms. Chef came out to see us and took me round the buffet explaining exactly what Olivia could have.

Once I was back I took the girls up to get some breakfast, Millie and Olivia’s eyes nearly popped out of their heads when they spotted the cooked gammon. Both girls adore cooked gammon and to say they managed to fill themselves up on just this was an understatement. They did also have some toast and fruit and declared this was their best breakfast yet!

Although I did eat here I really think that I had had my fill of buffets and wished I could just have some English toast and fruit or a simple bowl of Frosties. I can’t remember what Paul had but no doubt he did himself proud!

The interaction here was fabulous, Pooh arrived first followed by Tigger.

After a little change over Mary Poppins arrived next who again asked if the girls were good and helped out at home and was closely followed by Belle.

Pooh and Tigger then came back and Tigger as Olivia put it was very cheeky.

Finally came the Mad Hatter, he spent ages with us as Pooh and Tigger had managed to create a traffic jam. The girls had a lovely chat with him and I have to say he was brilliant as he managed to get himself out of a tight hole whilst asking the girls what they had been up to and he was finally happy to meet them. Olivia said that he was very silly as he had met them the day before during the tea party. He managed so well to explain why he was being silly without destroying the magic of Disney.

chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 12, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
During this interaction Paul had managed to settle the bill which would have been $70.25 plus $13 tip. Luckily for us it was just the $13 tip. I think they were probably lucky though and got $15 as we only had notes. We left at about 11.45am and decided to head over to Typhoon Lagoon. On the way out we did stop and take some pictures of the girls in the vintage carriage so that I could compare them to the ones we had taken in 2009. It isn’t until I compare things that I really realise just how much our girls have grown up.

We took a slow walk back to the car before heading off for some water play. We arrived at 12.15pm and managed to find a parking space very easily.

We opted for a locker which cost $13. I’d asked Paul to get a large locker but for reasons only known by him he only got a small one. This proved to be quite entertaining trying to get all our stuff in it. Small locker, four bags really doesn’t go. I took the girls to get changed and then tried to wedge all of stuff in to the small locker. After a few attempts I think I had managed to get everything it that needed to be locked away before heading off to find some chairs to dump our towels.

We found some chairs in Ketchakiddee Creek where the girls made the most of the raft ride. I lost count of how many times they rode this without getting bored.

They then played on the other attractions before we headed off to Castaway Creek for a slow ride around the entire park.

Luckily both were more than happy to go this time without any screams or fights. I rode with Olivia whilst Paul rode with Millie. I forgot how relaxing this is until we got to the teenage boys that insisted they needed to shoot us for ages with the water guns. In the end I did shout at them and asked them to stop which they did. Once we had done the whole circuit we decided to go and find some rides so as Paul and Millie had already got out of their rings Paul decided that he would help Olivia get out and in the process managed to tip me into the wall! Husbands who’d have em?

We headed to Gangplank Falls in the hope it would be like the family raft ride in BB. Let’s just say we were left disappointed. Although it was fun the ride was very short and the water that gets dumped on you is freezing. I am sure that this wouldn’t be a problem in the blistering heat but as it was only about 20degrees it really was rather unpleasant. Paul decided that we would ride again which was fine for him as he managed to avoid the soaking both times. Yep you guessed it I got soaked on the second trip too. After this I decided that I needed to stand in the sun to warm up a little so took both girls to Bay slides. The girls again went on numerous times whilst I managed to catch a few rays.

Whilst the girls were enjoying the rides the siren went to say that the waves were going to start so the girls asked if they could go in the main pool. Paul decided he was going right in to the deep end so the girls stood or attempted to stand and watch him. They were both amazed at how powerful the waves were and couldn’t believe just how far they got pushed with each wave. We stayed in the pool for a little while longer before we decided that we really needed to leave and go back and have a rest before going out for dinner.

As I opened the door of the locker I am sure you can guess what happened. Yep everything fell out. After a quick change and a slow walk back to the car we got back to OKW about 4ish. We were welcomed with some towel elephants and the girls cuddly toys had been positioned around the room. The maid had also put some of Millie’s Peter Pan toys on our bed which the girls thought was funny.

Within minutes of being home Millie started to say that she didn’t feel very well and asked if she could go to bed. Millie never asks to go to bed during the day unless she is poorly. She was asleep within in seconds quickly followed by Paul. I left them there for well over an hour. Olivia and I went to the front room and she played quietly whilst I caught up with a bit of facebook and the Dibb.
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 12, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
I woke Paul up and asked if we really should go out for tea as Millie was looking a little white. He decided that we should go as he had been looking forward to Narcoossee’s for so long and was desperate to watch the fireworks from the little veranda. All agreed we got ready and headed out for our 7.10 ADR. We were seated within about 10 minutes of arrival. As soon as we sat down Millie started to say that she wanted to go back to bed and really didn’t want any tea. Right about this time I knew that this wasn’t going to end successfully.

We went ahead and ordered food but I felt really rushed as I was just waiting for Millie to say that she didn’t feel well enough to stay in the restaurant. We ended up ordering Caesar Salad, chicken nuggets and ice cream for both the girls and I told Millie she only had to eat it if she wanted too. I opted for the chicken dish for my main and ice cream for dessert and Paul had Filet for main and cheese platter for dessert. I obviously wasn’t paying attention as I can’t remember what we had with our mains. I do however remember that Paul had a glass of red wine to accompany his food. Everything was going ok until my ice cream arrived and Millie announced that she needed to leave NOWWWWW. When Millie says now Millie really does mean now and I had visions of her being ill in the restaurant so I grabbed my bag and her and made a quick exit telling Paul I would meet him back at the car. Paul and Olivia stayed and finished their meals before paying the bill which would have been $110. Pauls wine was an additional $11 and the tip was $28.

When Millie and I left the restaurant there was a CM dropping some guests of at the restaurant in her golf cart. She kindly asked if she could take us anywhere and bearing in mind that Millie really was feeling rather hot I decided to take her up on the offer. She dropped us right at the car, despite feeling ill it did put a little smile on Millie’s face thinking she had managed a ride in the cart. We gave the lady a couple of $ tip and we hopped straight in the car. We both climbed in the back and Millie started to doze off on me until she heard the music start for Wishes and the loud bang of the fireworks. We watched wishes from the car, not the best place to see it but better than not seeing it at all. Paul and Olivia made their way back and managed to watch the last part of Wishes with us. As soon as it was finished we drove back to OKW with Millie saying she still felt ill. Luckily we managed to get back to the room before Millie was rather ill. I felt a little guilty leaving all the washing for the maid to deal with but I’m hoping that they are used to it.

Millie was asleep almost instantly next to me and Olivia opted to sleep in the front room with Daddy. Millie had a rather disturbed night unfortunately which meant I spent a large part of the evening awake as well.

Tomorrow – Cape May breakfast and World Showcase

Old 17 Jul 12, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

Looks like you had a fantastic day! Your pictures are lovely.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 12, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
What a shame your daughter was ill.

We had a similar meal at Ohana where DD rapidly went downhill and we left hurridly before dessert. Fortunately it was a 24 hr bug.

Park fare looks fun but wonder why you got Belle not Alice?
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 12, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
smythy21
Imagineer

smythy21's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
another great report and cool pics
Old 21 Jul 12, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Oh poor Millie being poorly, you had had such a fantastic day till then, hope she felt better in the morning.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 12, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Poor Millie after such a lovely day.
It looks as tho you had a really good time at Typhoon Lagoon and the photo's show your girls happiness