Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
OKWe're going when - Day Fifteen

Thursday 3rd November
Cape May Cafe breakfast and Epcot

I can’t believe that today was our last full day in our happy place and we still had a little girl that wasn’t feeling well. Let’s just say that I had been up a few times with Millie during the night. Luckily our ADR for Goofy’s Cape May Cafe wasn’t until 9.40am. With everyone up and ready and Millie saying she felt a little better we left OKW at 8.30ish making sure Millie had had some Calpol in the hope it would give her enough energy to last the day.

We parked up at Epcot and walked through what felt like a very empty park as most people rushed off to get fastpasses for the popular rides. We headed to the International Gateway stopping for a few photo opportunities on the way.

A CM along the way asked us if we had an ADR at Cape May. The girls were amazed that she knew where we were heading. As we left the park the boat was waiting so we hopped on and as soon as we were seated they stopped boarding and we were on our way to the Beach Club. We checked in and we were given a buzzer and went to join all the others waiting. Millie had perked up a little but was still very hot. After about 15minutes we were shown to our table which was situated in a little room to the right of the entrance.

Our waitress Linda came over straight away and filled our glasses/cups. Both girls asked for apple juice and I asked for a diet coke. As old as Linda was she was back within seconds with our drinks and told us that Minnie was on her way shortly. Minnie came to say ‘Hi’ almost immediately which the girls were happy about.

Once she had been I headed off to get the girls some breakfast. Millie only wanted toast and a croissant which was easy to get. Olivia wanted toast, cinnamon rolls and what she declared proper sausages as they looked just like the ones we have at home. I think she also had some fruit as well. Once I was back Paul headed off for his last breakfast buffet of the holiday. Whilst he was gone Donald arrived at our table and I have to say he was so funny and he had the girls in hysterics.

They thought he was particularly funny when he used their heads to rest the autograph books whilst signing his autograph. He spent quite a while at our table before moving on to meet others.

Paul unfortunately missed all this whilst he was filling his plate. Millie was very up and down during breakfast, when a character was with us she perked up considerably and then as soon as they were gone she went all quite again. Next along was Goofy, who again was brilliant with the girls.

Whilst we were eating Donald sneaked back to our table, grabbed a napkin and started to polish Paul’s bald head. This made the girls experience fabulous as they were both in fits of giggles and kept on about it for ages after.

Minnie also popped back to see us along with Donald.

Unfortunately things took a turn for the worse with Millie when she started being ill again. Luckily I had taken a towel from our hotel and had a few spare nappy sacks so I could just store everything away. As I had finished my breakfast by now I decided to take Millie outside so she could lie down in the buggy whilst Paul and Olivia finished their breakfast and settled the bill. Our server did grab me another drink before I left and told me to take it with me and enjoy it outside in the sunshine. It’s small thing like this that makes you feel valued as a customer. Our bill would have been $80.90 if we hadn’t been on DDP. Instead it was $15 tip.

Now time and time again we see debated on here whether to take a buggy for older children. Right about now I was so glad I had taken two buggies as it meant that we could carry on with our day albeit at a much slower rate. Had I not had them I think our whole last day would have been wasted around the hotel.
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 12, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
We decided that we would take a stroll back to Epcot as the sun was shining and at last we could feel a little heat from that large fireball that had been hiding itself for most of our holiday. Once back in the park the girls spotted the shop by the entrance and asked if they could have a quick look. Olivia purchased a Tinkerbelle set and Millie got the sailor outfit for her Duffy bear.

Today we were only doing the world showcase and our original plan was to stay for tea and the watch Illuminations. But all this was dependent on how Millie faired. She was eager to stay though as she was desperate to meet Mulan.

We decided that as we were by the bridge in to France we would start at France and work our way round making sure we were in China for Mulan’s first meet and greet of the day. Whilst in France we found Marie so the girls went to say hello and grabbed her autograph. Both girls were extremely happy to meet her as they both enjoy watching the Aristocats.

We took a slow amble through France where the girls also spotted Belle so went to say good morning.

As the time was now heading towards 11.35 and Mulan was due out at 12 we take a very very slow walk over to China and asked where we could meet Mulan. The CM member showed us where to wait, there were already another family sitting there so we joined them. Whilst we were waiting the photopass CM came over and started talking to us and persuaded Olivia to let her take some photos of her. Millie really was having none of it so she stayed with Paul whilst Olivia had her own photo shoot. The CM member was brilliant with her and took loads of photos of her and me. Before we knew it Mulan was out and the CM had to dash back ready for all those who wanted to meet Mulan.

Mulan spent ages talking to the girls and asked them loads of questions about the film and asking which their favourite parts were.

I think the fact that Millie was cuddling a plush Mulan doll helped with the interaction. Again the CM snapped away continuously and I am so pleased she did as Millie treasures some of the photo she took.

chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 12, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
With both girls ecstatic we head to Mexico. Paul and Olivia ride the three amigos ride whilst I wait with Millie. Millie had gone back to laying down again and as she is well shaded under the hood of my buggy I make the most of the sun and sit and have a catching rays session. After 10mins Millie asks if we can go inside so we opt to colour in a Duffy Bear. We are still there when Paul and Olivia come back. Olivia instantly spots the Duffy’s and insists that she wants to do one. Millie then decides that she wants to go on the ride that Olivia has ridden so Paul stays with Olivia whilst Millie and I head to the ride. We walk straight on and manage to bag a front seat. Millie loved the fact that it was very gentle and didn’t make her feel sick. Once we had finished we head back and find Paul. Olivia is having a lovely time and moans when we say that it is time to go and visit another country.

As we leave Olivia spots Donald in his Mexican outfit so goes and says ‘Hi’ but Millie is flagging a little and refuses to get out of the buggy. Olivia kindly takes Millie’s autograph book with her and asks Donald if he would sign it as her sister was feeling a little poorly. He does without an issue and gives Millie a little wave.

As we had kind of country hopped to make sure that the girls got to see Mulan we decide to start back at Canada and start the World Showcase again. On our way to Canada the girls spot Duffy so we go and say our first hello of the holiday. We were a little sad to see that he still had his Halloween outfit on as the rest of the park was showing signs of Christmas. Nevertheless it didn’t bother the girls one bit. We also spent a while looking in the shops opposite where Duffy stands. I manage to pick up a couple of Christmas presents for the girls without them realising and also a photo album for me. All paid up we head to Canada.

We never really spent any time in Canada before so we decided that we would investigate a little. The gardens are beautiful and they feel as if you are miles away from a busy park.

Next we head to England where Paul tries a tray of Irish cheeses from one of the little stalls. He isn’t that impressed and knows that it really wasn’t a true reflection of the cheeses that Ireland produces.

We have a little look in the shops and spot a dairy milk caramel but cannot bring myself to pay nearly $4 for one. In the back of one shop we find Pooh and Tigger. I thought at this point Olivia was going to have a meltdown as every time she got near Tigger he jumped away from her. I could see that the tears were just about to start as all she wanted to do was give him a hug. Eventually she managed to catch him and the tears were adverted.

Olivia then had a little play outside in the ‘English Square’ before we moved on to France.
Old 20 Jul 12, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
As the time was now approaching two o’clock we decided that we would stop and get a bite to eat. We opted for the bakery where we shared two counter service meals. We had one ham and cheese baguette and one turkey baguette followed by an apple turnover and a cookie. Paul also got himself a crème brulee. Millie at a very tiny bit of the sandwich before declaring she felt sick again.

After lunch we decided that we would cancel our ADR for Via Napoli which Paul was gutted about but there was no way we could keep Millie out all evening. We finally agreed that we would walk around the remaining countries before heading back to OKW to do the last of the packing and let Millie have a long lay down in the hope she would be better for our flight home.

Beast was out in France so Olivia wanted to say hello but wasn’t brave enough to go alone so she dragged Paul off with her. Millie stayed firmly in the buggy and wasn’t moving to meet Beast apparently Beast was definitely too big.

We carried on round stopping for just a quick look around each country before we stopped in Italy and Paul headed off to cancel our ADR. The girls watched the Italian dancers whilst he was gone. Our next stop was to meet Rafiki who was extremely touched to see his own page in the girls autograph books. He hugged them both and gave the girls a massive hug to say how much he loved them.

Paul decided that as Olivia hadn’t been big enough to ride Maelstorm last time we were here he would take her and of course, as it had a drop and water she loved it.

We then took a very slow walk towards the front of the park and left just after 4pm.

Millie collapsed as soon as we got back to OKW and really didn’t move for a good couple of hours. I got on with the packing, I had intended to catch the little boat to DTD but Millie really was against me leaving so decided against it.

I felt happier knowing that I would have plenty of time to pack rather than having to rush it. Around 6ish Millie decided that she was hungry so Paul headed to Goods to go and got some nuggets and chips for the girls and some nachos for us. He also picked up some ice creams for pudding.

Millie ate a little and decided she was feeling a little better and lay in the main bedroom watching TV whilst I packed the last few bits. It never fails to amaze me just how much we manage to accumulate during two weeks. I really did think at one point we would be going to buy a spare suitcase. After much swapping of items I managed to get all our bits packed just leaving out what we would need for the morning.

Although today hadn’t gone quite as we planned we had still managed to have fun, just at a much more leisurely pace.
Everyone made the most of our free evening and decided that we would all have an early night as we knew we would have a long day tomorrow we just didn’t realise how long. But on the plus side we did get a little taste of Christmas.

Tomorrow – DTD check-in, MK, CP and some magic Disney dust
Old 20 Jul 12, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Shame your daughter was poorly but you still managed to do alot - mulan pics are lovely
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 12, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Tracey

Such a shame poor Millie was unwell but I'm glad you had the extra buggy and were still able to enjoy Epcot at a slower pace.

The Cape May Cafe was our first experience of a character meal last year, so I have really fond memories of visiting there and it was lovely to see your photos and hear how much you all enjoyed it. I know just what you mean about the sausages, I thought exactly the same!

The photos are beautiful, as always, and I will be so sad when your report comes to an end.

Hope that you and the family are all well? We finished school today for the start of the holidays and I'm pleased to hear that the weather is finally looking like it might improve! Hope you all have a great start to the summer!

Kate xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 12, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Aw poor Millie You still had a great day though and it's nice to go at a slower pace now and again especially since you've packed so much into your holiday!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 12, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Poor Millie still feeling poorly, how brave of her to carry on with the day despite not feeling 100%.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 12, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Lovely day and photos but what a shame Millie was not feeling well.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 12, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

Sounds like you did have a lovely day, shame Millie was feeling unwell.

xx
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List