Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Disney & Beyond July 2011 Day 16 Universal Studios

10 July

CAST

Me - Lynn 46 - holiday organiser. Looking forward to everything especially time together;
DH - Philip 48 - leaves it all to me. Looking forward to spending time at the Gulf coast;
DS - Luke 12 - loves everything about Florida. Looking forward most to Sea World;
DD - Rachel 11 - takes forever to get moving. Looking forward most to getting there and being warm.

I awoke feeling much better. We had a quick breakfast, put a load of washing on, started the dishwasher and loaded the car. We were ready to set off at around 10am. As we were taking photographs at the front of the villa the cleaners arrived. Very efficient.

Here are Philip and the kids looking sad to be leaving the villa:

Here they are realising we still have another 12 days of our month long holiday:

We drove to the Hard Rock Hotel and check in was fairly smooth. The receptionist reminded me of my request for a high floor and said they would try to honour it. To be honest I didn’t remember requesting a high floor but then again I had actually called to book the hotel three for four months after I had originally booked it. Thankfully the booking clerk told me I already had a booking or we would have ended up with two rooms! Then again that might not have been a bad thing

Anyway our room wasn’t ready so we left the luggage with bell services and wandered straight down to the water taxi. I love this way of getting too and from the parks. It’s just sooooo relaxing. Once in Universal Studios the boys headed straight to the Mummy whilst Rachel and I sat people watching.

Having just had a light breakfast we were quite hungry so we went to Louie’s Italian Restaurant for lunch.

Philip and I had a pizza slice and pasta Alfredo and the kids both had a pizza slice. I tried to buy Philip a bud only to be told that they don’t serve alcohol before 12. I honestly couldn’t believe it was only 11.48. Our lunch was really nice.

After we had eaten we went on Jaws – I’m so glad we did as when we go back in 2013 Jaws will have gone. It was a corny ride but one which was good fun, so I’m sad it’s gone. Next up was Men In Black.

Now I love this ride and Philip and I get really quite competitive on it. I was really pleased to get the highest score. We all decided to go straight back on I was really hoping to secure the highest score again but that honour went to Luke. Too cheap to pay for the pic, I took a picture of our picture.

The kids then stood in the coke machines for a bit before heading to the Simpsons Ride. I really like the Simpsons ride but it does make me a bit motion sick and after the last couple of days I decided to sit this one out.

Philip stayed with me and the kids went on their own. We both had a nice cold bud light whilst we sat in the sun waiting for them. It was bliss.

Next up was ET, I know it’s another corny wee ride but it’s an institution, so just has to be done.

We saw Scooby and of course Rachel wanted her pic taken with him as did Philip. Rachel went up first:

and then the boys went up together. Scooby was fantastic and so excited when he saw the boys t-shirts. He rand about them both pointing at their tops and giving them both high fives. He then posed with them both sitting the same way as the Scooby on their t-shirst. It was a fab interaction. Luke said to me I bet you wished you’d videod that instead of taking pictures. But the pictures tell the story as I took so many

contd in next post...

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 12, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
We had just missed the start of the Terminator show so we decided to head over to Islands Of Adventure. On our way in I tried to make a reservation for Margaritaville. The CM told me there were no bookings available so we would just have to walk in and try get a table. The kids and Philip went on Spiderman. I have no idea why I didn’t go on this as it’s one of my favourite rides but my notes tell me that yet again I sat and people watched.

After Spiderman we went round to Popeye and Bluto’s Bilge Rafts. It was fab as always. I videod us on it and Rachel’s face is beaming with excitement during the whole ride. Luke on the other hand looks like he’s eaten something nasty – he just hates water rides. Sooooo amusing. As soon as the first ride was over Philip and Rachel went straight back on. I stayed off to keep Mr Grumpy company

We then decided to head back to the hotel as the reception had called to tell us our room was ready. We walked rather than wait on a water taxi. Our room was on the 6th floor and it had great views. Before checking into our room we spoke to the concierge and she was able to make us a reservation at Margaritaville for later that evening. We were really pleased as Margartiaville is one of our must dos.

The afternoon skies were darkening so rather than heading to the pool we went down to the lobby and had a wander around the hotel. We bought some drinks and then went back to our room for a rest before heading back to city walk.

After showers we walked down to get the water taxi to City Walk.

I love the atmosphere here at night. We had a wee wander round the shops then Philip and I bought a Margarita each.

Rachel decided to buy a leather bracelet from one of the stalls and they engraved her name on it.

It was soon time for our reservation.

The server we had was really poor which is unusual for Margaritaville. To eat, Philip had ribs, I had sirloin, Luke had a burger and Rachel had chicken tenders. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was fantastic as always. The kids weren’t too old to get their balloon hats made. Here they are posing after we left the restaurant.

The kids nagged Philip into power walking into Islands of Adventure so that they could ride the Hippogriff at night. Despite the fact that Luke loves the bigger coasters now he and Rach both still love this ride and they particularly love it at night. I’m feeling really quite mellow and relaxed so decide to sit at City walk and just watch the world go by while they head off on their adventure.

They rejoin me after around 30 minutes and we caught the River Taxi back to Hard Rock Hotel.</p

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 12, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Glad you were feeling better great day at Universal.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List