Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Oct 12, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Disney Feast West& East Day 23: Rain, DQ, Shopping and not being abducted by aliens at WPE

A nice lie in this morning after a lovely day yesterday

The incredible plan says its lunch at Fultons for all of us today but we decided last night that only Andy and I will go to Fultons and the boys can have some time at DisneyQuest. This is confirmed as a good decision on waking up when we see that it has been raining and it looks decidedly overcast.

The boys surface around 10 by which time I have commenced the horrid task of packing up ready for our move to the Villa . Well, I have got one suitcase packed , only another 3 to go !

We set off in the car for Downtown Disney at 11 – fully expecting the rest of Orlando to already be in the queue for DQ by the time we get there.

Just as we arrive , an almighty downpour breaks and as we run for cover and break out the ponchos we are well and truly soaked- especially Andy as he has to run from the car over to us as we have his poncho - oops. The ponchos would be ok except its so windy they keep blowing all over the place and they are frankly as useful as a J-cloth in a tsunami.

We get to DQ just as it opens and its not too bad – the boys are soaked but assure us they will soon dry off – they just want to be rid of us and on their way , wet pants or not. So armed with watches and my phone and strict instructions that they are not to abandon Jamie, no matter how evil he is , we leave them to it and agree to collect them at 2.30 but they are to phone if it gets too busy or they get bored. They are also reminded to use some CS credits to get lunch.

Andy and I go back to OKW and pick up dry clothes and shoes for the boys and have a complete change of our own clothes.

Its now only light rain ( 1215 ish) so on returning to DTD , we take a brisk walk to Fultons for our 1pm ADR. Its desserted in DTD and at Fultons.

Its nice to have some time to ourselves – we have a slightly assertive server who make some comment about “coupon people” when we produce our Disney voucher .

We order the Portobello mushroom fries to start which are yummy

and then I have the cheeseburger and a pink lemonade while Andy has the cod and fried shrimp.

By now the sun is out and its lovely looking out over the river. We share a key lime pie – possibly the best we have had, its wonderful.

The bill is $60 so $54 with our 10% voucher but then back up to $62 after the tip. It is certainly not worth 2 TS credits for that type of lunch.

We set off on a slow walk to DQ

The boys call just before 2 to say they have eaten, although when we meet them , I think they spilled rather than ate most of their lunch, but they are ready to be picked up.

They are all pleased to change into dry socks and shoes and Connor and Jamie change T shirts as well but all of their shorts have dried off. Its at this point that we spot some interesting red streaks in the car – which appear to be the red suede bits on Jamie’s Airwalk shoes that are running dye everywhere, but fortunately not on the cream floor carpet . The shoes are promptly consigned to the bin on returning home as the rain has completely ruined them.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 12, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

So shopping heads on, ears back, wallets open and we are off to Florida Mall. Forgetting it’s a Saturday and it will be busy and it takes blooming ages to find a parking spot but after stalking several shoppers we manage to find someone who is returning to their car and actually leaving and bag a space.

The Mall is busy – in fact its worse than being in a park. We make stops in a number of stores – Vans shoes are purchased and various forms of “Beats” headphones are eyed up.

The new Vans are road tested straight away

We go up and down the various aisles and on the way out at 5pm there seems to be a mahoosive queue forming outside the Microsoft store ,so never one to pass up a good queue we immediately enquire as to what we are missing – apparently it’s a personal appearance by Flo Rida but you cant see him for security guards – except Jamie who is able to see between people’s legs and claims to have seen him – or at least his knees.

Just as we have walked ALL the way to the exit, it transpires that Nick and Jamie cant possibly continue to exist without purchasing the aforementioned Beats, which we have passed in at least a dozen shops . So Andy heads back to the Apple store with them while Connor and I sit down by the fountain to wait for them and I enjoy some cinnamon churro bites – which I think are lovely but everyone else hates- shame, more for me.

Beats duly purchased (Solos for Jamie, Studios for Nick ) and two children who will spend the rest of the holiday like footballer wannabees with their purchases casually draped round their necks, we set off for the Prime ( now Premium Outlets). There is a minor disagreement with the SatNav which seems to prefer us going to the Belz outlets ( no longer named) . We do get there in the end but we are flagging – its just after 6pm – Andy is on a mission in the Lacoste store and makes a number of purchases and we look in Vans and Converse but we seem to have left our shopping heads in the Florida Mall. At 7.30 we call it a day and decide to drop into DTD to get some pizzas to go from WPE.

Ooops, forgetting its Saturday night and might be busy. Andy drops me off and I go without my phone so I cant tell him the queue is out the door and its going to be easily a 30-40 minute wait.

They begin to wonder where I am so Connor is sent to find me. By now I have ordered and am seated just by the kitchen area, so he has a good “boy” look and of course, doesn’t see me.

Reporting back to Andy that I am nowhere to be seen this induces alternate panic that I have been abducted by pizza eating aliens or the suspicion I have gone for a crafty shop on my own.

I am blissfully unaware of all this as I emerge triumphant with my spoils at 8.45 to be greeted by the Spanish Inquisition. Having been frisked to assess that I haven’t been on either a sneaky spree and that I also haven’t been experimented on by aliens, Andy is satisfied that Connor is just useless as a scout and that maybe he should have sent Jamie after all – age and size bear no relation to common sense in these children. Or of course, perhaps I should have taken my phone - the clue being in the term "mobile" , duh.

So dinner drama aside ( I was fine and quite enjoyed the peace ! ) we enjoy our meals ( the same ones we have had the last twice at WPE so no surprises there) back at OKW.

The boys decided to have another session of cards but that ends after multiple accusations of cheating ! New Beats are duly tried

Its been ok as a down day and the weather hasn’t really dampened our plans at all.

Satnav sabotage – back on the radar, definitely badly behaved at the Outlets

Shopping count – quite high with Beats and Lacoste purchases made

DDP count – just the 5 CS at WPE.

Edited at 02:10 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 12, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Glad to hear that the weather didn't spoil your day
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 12, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Fab day. DS loves those beats headphones. Were they much cheaper than here ?

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 12, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
Glad to hear that the weather didn't spoil your day
No it was good that today was never planned as a park day and we got so wet in such a short time that we just had to laugh

Originally Posted by Ariel's Mum View Post
Fab day. DS loves those beats headphones. Were they much cheaper than here ?
Yes about Ł50 cheaper plus in the blue colour that wasnt available in the UK at the time.
Old 21 Oct 12, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Great read!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 12, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Lovely day Amanda, I remember that Saturday, we did debate whether we should go to for Flo-rida mall to see the man himself but decided it would just be too busy for us to get to see him.

I'm loving your report, taking me down memory lane, wish I had a new countdown

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 12, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Fab day. DS loves those beats headphones
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 12, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by hross42877 View Post
Great read!
Thanks Heather x

Originally Posted by Flower2603 View Post
Lovely day Amanda, I remember that Saturday, we did debate whether we should go to for Flo-rida mall to see the man himself but decided it would just be too busy for us to get to see him.

I'm loving your report, taking me down memory lane, wish I had a new countdown
Flower, thats twice we missed Mr Rida in Orlando - he was at Mardi Gras when we went at Easter 2010 but we were too tired to go to the concert - and you were right, it was busy

I wish we had a countdown too - we are definitely not going back in 2013 although for some reason I keep looking at the offers Maybe 2014 , there would need to be some new attractions for the boys to be really interested

Originally Posted by geoff193 View Post
Fab day. DS loves those beats headphones
Yes, they only thing is he never seems to hear anyone calling or shouting to him now , they are a bit too good
Old 13 Nov 12, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
angelcake71
Imagineer

great idea to send th kids to DQ to give yourselves some alone time.. can I ask how old they are? as next year I am thinking of doing the same.. (my kids ages range from 13 years to 19 years next year)
angelcake71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List