Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Oct 12, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Disney Feast West & East Day 29 : Leaving RPR, Disney Quest & missing the Dibb meet

We are all a bit tired this morning but determined to get another early entry out of our stay so up around 8 and having breakfast. I take the boys over to the park while Andy checks out and puts the case in the car.

Its so quiet , very peaceful

The boys opt for another ride on Rip Ride Rocket which has a 10 minute wait. Jamie comes off to announce that his wallet has fallen out of his pocket

We report it to the ride attendant but will have to go to lost property. We are assured it will be picked up in the park sweep after the park closes. Its put a bit of a dampener on the day but luckily he only had $30 in it so its not like it was all his cash.

We agree to split up and meet at 1030. Andy and I amble off and have another go on Despicable Me – front row, makes me a bit woozy this time, then on to ET which is dated but good fun , Andy does the Simpsons but we run out of time for another go on MIB as we need to meet the boys.

Its been lovely – the park is empty .

We meet the boys who have seen Jamie’s wallet on a ledge on HRRR but cant retrieve it so we go to Lost and Found and give them the details and fill in a card . We feel more hopeful that it will be returned soon.

We toddle over to IoA around 1100 , passing this place

and split up again. They shoot off to do Dragon Challenge &Hulk using their FOTL while we stop for a coffee in Croissant Moon and mooch about the shops and entry area. I am a bit gobsmacked at just how pricey the Harry Potter stuff is. $10 for a chocolate frog feels like a lot to me .

We do the obligatory hat trying on , banishing all thoughts of nits from our heads.

Edited at 06:02 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 12, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Back to pick up the car – its been a real treat staying here, well worth it for the FOTL and early entry and Club Level suited us for breakfast and afternoons ( shame we never got to the desserts). We would happily stay here for longer as we really enjoy the whole Universal experience.

Andy wants to do some shopping so as a compromise he drops me and the boys at DisneyQuest so that he can do what he likes and they wont be trolling behind moaning ( this means they now owe me big time !)

We get in around 1245 and its super quiet. We have lunch of chicken nuggets and I get a kids cheeseburger with a red velvet cupcake ( mm, these are just divine). The boys are having a great time and I am catching up on my notes so everyone is pretty content.

Andy picks us up just after 3 and we stop at the Publix at Champions Gate for something for dinner from their hot counter

We arrive back at the villa around 4.30 , all a bit tired and sadly no one has the energy to go out again for the Dibb meet at DTD, and the cause isn’t helped by an almighty downpour which further dampens any enthusiasm. Ah well, another reason to go back another time so we can get to meet some Dibbers

After the storm passes, the boys have a quick dip in the pool and play cards but its an early night as we are all really tired. Plus having watched the weather we decide not to delay our trip to Busch Gardens any longer. It ‘s on the incredible plan for Monday, but that apparently now co-incides with the worst Isaac weather heading for Tampa so we will go tomorrow instead, even though it’s a Saturday and we had hoped to avoid weekend crowds.

A bit of a slow day but we had great fun at the parks in the morning - the two late nights and early starts seem to have caught up with us though
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 12, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
great photos of universal & your resort there
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 12, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great photos of a deserted Universal hope you got the wallet back?
Old 28 Oct 12, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Another great day... Hope the wallet was returned ?

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 12, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
great photos of universal & your resort there
Thanks - a low photo day though , for a change

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Great photos of a deserted Universal hope you got the wallet back?
Originally Posted by Ariel's Mum View Post
Another great day... Hope the wallet was returned ?
Thanks - yes we did get it back ( with all the money too) - took a few days but the customer service from Universal was outstanding
Old 28 Oct 12, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Diva
Imagineer

Great photos x
WDW 2020 POR
Disney_Diva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 12, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Fab day at USO
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 12, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Great news about the wallet!

Another bust day - not surprised you were all shattered! Def think staying onsite for FOTL passes and early entry is worth it - the park looked deserted first thing!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 12, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by anniebee65 View Post
Fab day at USO
It was

Originally Posted by Disney_Diva View Post
Great photos x
Thank you x

Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Great news about the wallet!

Another bust day - not surprised you were all shattered! Def think staying onsite for FOTL passes and early entry is worth it - the park looked deserted first thing!
We were so pleased - we were convinced it would not be found, or would have no money it it so all credit to the staff at Universal .

I dont think we realised quite how busy the stay onsite had been until we got back home and it was a shame that we didnt get to the Dibb meet - just bad timing on our part