Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Nov 12, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Disney Feast West & East Day 32: Rain, Malls & Falls, Indoor Golf

We awake to heavy rain, which we have heard intermittently through the night , we can see how much its rained by the soakaway at the back of the villa which is now deep enough to house a few gators.

The news assures us this bad weather is going to pass and that today will end up windy and showery but not as bad as we had thought.

A quick check on the Dibb and pretty much most people out here are opting for shopping today and we know DQ will get mobbed.

As the boys are up at 0930 we decide to head for one of the further malls (Millenia) on the basis it will start as one of the quietest.

It is raining really hard and the trip up the I4 is scary. The up side though is that parking is not a problem but Andy drops us at the entrance and goes off to park. We run to the entrance and poor Jamie slips and whacks his head on the floor.

These were taken when we left and it was drying out ..

He looks very pale

and we sit down for a few minutes to make sure he is ok – a security guard comes out of nowhere to say that a fall has been reported and is everyone ok ( Big Brother really IS watching) . He takes a bit of convicing that we don’t need any medical assistance and that neither are we going to sue the pants off them. Converse shoes on shiny wet floors and high speed children are clearly not a good combination.

We head into the Cheesecake Factory which has just opened and food, plus some headache tablets soon have Jamie restored – he does have quite an impressive bump on his head which we keep an eye on for the rest of the day. Early lunch is in order and we have 1 pizza, I sliders, 2 cheeseburgers and I have the 1 egg breakfast . All very delicious and at $80 we think pretty reasonable – especially as quite a bit of it comes home in a doggy bag

After an hour or so here, we have seen enough and head off for the Altamonte Mall having never been here before. Its incredibly quiet and again takes us less than an hour to wander round – with quite a lot of purchases being made in Aeropostale.

the scenic drive to Altamonte ...

The weather seems to be improving as we head back in towards Orlando, making our way to Festival Bay where we drop the boys at the Putting Edge Indoor Golf around 3pm

We agree to meet them in an hour. The Mall is lovely but so empty and it seems such a shame .

We buy a Samsonite holdall for our holiday purchases and spend a lot of time in the Bass Pro Shop – which is the most incredible place , where else can you buy candles shaped like apple pies next to the section with crossbows ? Or how about a Boat and a bowie knife . Or a warming woollen rug and a hunting rifle. Bit “Deliverance” really I think !

Truly an amazing shop. And one we didn’t let the boys into ……

Edited at 01:23 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 12, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

We pick them up just after 4, the golf has been fun , as has the mini arcade games. More Subways are consumed for their dinner and amazingly the sun is now out so they have some pool time .

Andy and I start to make a dent on the food mountain of doggy bags in the fridge . And I start to think about the packing - and decide I still have ages and that an evening sipping Baileys and watching Nancy Grace is far more preferable than trying to work out exactly how all these trainers are going to come home ...

A nice quiet rest day which worked well around the weather – and really , the weather wasn’t that bad after all .

Satnav sabotage - nil, which was amazing as we went further afield. We did falter at Festival Bay as the Golf is round the back and we took two trips round the car park to find it
Shopping count , high in Aeropostale with polo shirts and other tops

Edited at 09:17 AM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 12, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I have enjoyed your amazing trip so much. Having reached Day 13 of mine which has been a struggle I am in awe of the effort it must have taken to put this masterpiece together. What you have fitted in to your trip is also amazing! You should definitely make your adventures into a book.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 12, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day mooching and spending in the mall's
Old 1 Nov 12, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Great read!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 12, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Fab day and a great way to avoid the weather. Poor Jaimie. He did look so pale in that pic. I agree with Jo you should turn this report into a book.

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 12, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Really been enjoying this trippie!...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
a good shopping day
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 12, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
cant believe its near the end, what will I do without your trip reports and what will you do with all those shoes!

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 12, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by ginger ninja View Post
cant believe its near the end, what will I do without your trip reports and what will you do with all those shoes!
Hah, I dont know what I will do in the evenings without having my trippy to write up - hmmmm,maybe planning the next one
As for the shoes, I live with a human millipede - as you will see when I post the final shoe count picture ...

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
a good shopping day
Pretty good - and not too packed despite the rain

Originally Posted by Tracey92 View Post
Really been enjoying this trippie!...
Thank you for reading x

Originally Posted by Ariel's Mum View Post
Fab day and a great way to avoid the weather. Poor Jaimie. He did look so pale in that pic. I agree with Jo you should turn this report into a book.
He was pale as a sheet poor thing - we could see he wasnt concussed but you never know with bumps to the head do you - some fizzy pop soon sorted him out .

Originally Posted by hross42877 View Post
Great read!
Thank you xx

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good day mooching and spending in the mall's
Yes it was, i love that word "mooching" - just perfect for this day !

Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
I have enjoyed your amazing trip so much. Having reached Day 13 of mine which has been a struggle I am in awe of the effort it must have taken to put this masterpiece together. What you have fitted in to your trip is also amazing! You should definitely make your adventures into a book.
Thank you - its a labour of love isnt it ! On the one hand it takes alot of time but on the other I have re-lived the holiday all over again and its been fantastic to share the memories and to pick out the photos. I am sad its coming to an end too. I dont know about a book - maybe "Travels with Teens and Toilets" - in the Horror Section