Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Nov 12, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Disney Feast West & East Day 38 : Congo River Golf and Applebees

Today is the last handwritten entry in my notebook – clearly I couldn’t bring myself to write up our very last day so will have to rely on my memory and photos to help me with that one later ...

This will be our last night in Orlando and we are very sad to be going home but school starts in a few days ( or late last week in Nick’s case) and reality beckons. Besides, I only packed shorts just the one size up and if I put any more weight on, we will need to do even more shopping

As befits our last full day we have a nice lie in and the majority of the morning is spent on the packing – and yet we will still find more packing to do tomorrow – how does that happen ?

The cases are pretty much all done by lunchtime – weighed numerous times and all but one are then locked up and lined by the door.

All we will have tomorrow are last minute things to put away and the clearout of the fridge. We put on the last load of washing and the remaining case is set aside for beach towels, flip flops and all the other stuff that we will ditch if needs be as our travel scales tell us it will be a close call .

Sadly there is no room for the 5 Disney refillable mugs , nor the enormous Bart Simpson one from Hollywood , nor the ones from the waterparks. We leave these for the cleaning people – maybe they can make use of them. I hope so.

We have an array of sandwiches for lunch, using up what we have in the fridge and then a last dip in the pool in the glorious sunshine .
Mid afternoon we decided to venture out to Walmart to pick up sweeties to take back home for work and family – bags of Hershey kisses – keeping them from melting could be a challenge ! The boys stock up on sweeties for themselves and Jamie buys the most enormous box of goldfish crackers – with no thought as to how they are going to fit in his handluggage !

A final round of mini golf – this time at Congo River where we have some fun feeding the alligators - its $4 for frozen hot dog sausages which you stuff onto a clothes peg and they bite it off

ok - this is a terrible pic of me ( those gators had a powerful bite when they got hold of the hot dog , hence my squealing) - but the sign cracked me up - these alligators are NOT pets ( no kidding )

have you seen the snappers on these ! they leapt up out of the water !

The alligators were separated from the fish by a grill but they all huddled up to the mesh, looking through at the fish - i wonder what they were thinking "mmm, takeaway for tea "" maybe ?

fish on one side

this lot on the other

lets hope they dont learn to use wire cutters then ...

Edited at 08:16 PM.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 12, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Then we then slowly wilt playing golf – it’s a good laugh around this course - our 4th one and possibly our favourite , despite the fact that we think we may literally be melting in the heat.

and when we are done , a quick stop just a few yards up to Applebees for dinner. I cant recall how much it was as my notes ran out but I know Andy had a mountain of food for around $20 and I had their appetiser platter which was delicious , the boys opted for tenders and the boneless Honey BBQ wings

my trio - it was yummy

Andys meal - i think there was steak and mash and ribs and fries - clearly he was stocking up his hamster pouches in case the in flight food was rubbish tomorrow !

Bellies full ( cant think why) and all feeling a bit subdued we head home for a quiet evening - no one went swimming, we were worried we might sink after consuming all that food and then to bed, Andy and I stayed up till as late as we could to just savour the last few hours of warmth and relaxation .
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 12, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
disney chic
Imagineer

great read
I have really enjoyed your trip report

WDW
2000 Allstar movies, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Caribbean beach, 2006 Pop century, 2007 Pop century, 2008 Dolphin and Pop century disney wedding, 2010 Grand Floridian, Pop century Fort wilderness campground allstar music , 2011 Allstar movies, 2013 Art of animation 2014 christmas at All star music

Disneyland Paris march 2014
disney chic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 12, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
thewatsons
Apprentice Imagineer

Great day
Four Corners 2014 H27
Highlands Reserve 2019 H27
thewatsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 12, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post

I love Congo River Golf, it's such fun! I'm very jealous of you melting in the heat after my recent article cold experience in Orlando! I've loved reading your trippie, Amanda. You really have entertained me from start it finish with your trip. I feel quite sad for you that it's now coming to an end.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 12, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Great read!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 12, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Oh No I hate the last full day.

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 12, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 12, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
angelcake71
Imagineer

well i have just spent 2 hours reading your full trip report.. and what an utterly fantasic report it was... I loved it and all the piccies were amazing.. I have taken some great ideas away for my trip next year..
havent done any of the crazy golf courses.. was congo River your fave one?
and have yet to do Discovery Cove..

thankyou so much for sharing! xx
angelcake71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 12, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by disney chic View Post
great read
Thank you x

Originally Posted by thewatsons View Post
Great day
Yes it was, nice and relaxed ( despite the competitive golf )

Originally Posted by ponenet View Post
I love Congo River Golf, it's such fun! I'm very jealous of you melting in the heat after my recent article cold experience in Orlando! I've loved reading your trippie, Amanda. You really have entertained me from start it finish with your trip. I feel quite sad for you that it's now coming to an end.
It was sooooooo hot , sorry it was a bit colder for you. I am sad too, ah well, best get planning the next one - how many days off can I have next time

Originally Posted by hross42877 View Post
Great read!
Thanks Heather x

Originally Posted by Ariel's Mum View Post
Oh No I hate the last full day.
I know, just horrid, but it was nice and relaxing - we still had universal and seaworld tix that were good to use but the boys were happy to just potter and they loved the golf and the gators !

Originally Posted by geoff193 View Post
Thank you for reading along

Originally Posted by angelcake71 View Post
well i have just spent 2 hours reading your full trip report.. and what an utterly fantasic report it was... I loved it and all the piccies were amazing.. I have taken some great ideas away for my trip next year..
havent done any of the crazy golf courses.. was congo River your fave one?
and have yet to do Discovery Cove..

thankyou so much for sharing! xx
LOL - i saw you other post, trippies are SO much better than housework, I have no excuses left now that I have finished !

Yes Congo was probably our favorite, followed by WinterSummerland.
DC is a great day - always good to have something for the "next trip"