Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Nov 12, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Legs, Nerds & Wings - Day 2 - Bahama Bay & Seaworld Part 1

Trip Report Index

Just to start, I'm Lisa - the planner and reporter. Ade is my hubby and he's our driver and there's Hollie who is 13 and partial to the odd teenage moment and Louis is 10 and our fussy eater. This is our third Orlando trip.

13th October 2012
Day 2 - Bahama Bay & Seaworld - Part 1

I woke around 2am to Ade coughing and again around 3am and around 4am. I think I was sleeping really light and I know I was so excited about just being back here at the Bahama Bay Resort again.
I finally gave in at 4.40am and started on the trip report. I was sat in bed with butterflies feeling so exited.
Ade woke just after 5am and the kids just after 6am. Although I wanted everyone to sleep well, I also wanted everyone to wake so we could start our first proper day here
It was lovely sitting in bed with the balcony doors open and it felt so warm. Something we ended up doing every morning. I think it was such a relief from the Feb 2010 trip when it went down to almost freezing point some mornings.

We had a slow start, showers and a very light breakfast. We had stocked up on cereals, bagels, cream cheese and ham etc.. in Publix last night.
Ade and I sat in bed and watched this sunrise over the lake.

This is our third time staying here, it feels like home to us now. One of the main reasons that we love Orlando so much is because of Bahama Bay. We stay in a Gran Bahama apartment which is the largest they offer and has loads of room for the 4 of us.
As usual before we headed out on our first trip, I went around and took some piccies still in disbelief that we were here again.

The outside of our building #19 from the front. The Gran Bahamas are always on the top floor.

And from the back which looks over a small lake.

As you walk through the front door. The laundry room to the left and a nice hallway with table and mirror to the right.
Everything in the living area is open planned.

The kids room is on the right. I forgot to take a photo this time but found this on Hollie's camera. As they get on so well, they are still happy to share a room.

The kids bathroom.

Which also has a door through to the spare room which we use for all our shopping as we buy stuff
This room also has a private balcony and table with 2 chairs.

Both bedrooms have huge built in wardrobes which make excellent for hide and seek.

Opposite to the area when you can go to the kids room and their bathroom is the kitchen.

Which over looks the living area. This also has a balcony.

And taken from the balcony doors.

The door by the lounge area is the door to our room.

The towel swans were a lovely touch this time and for the first few days I carefully took them on and off each day until one day I was mad with Ade and purposely broke up the stupid swans. He never noticed and found it funny when I told him a couple of days after doing it.

We have a big balcony with a nice big table and 4 chairs.

Taken from the balcony door.

I forgot to take one form the balcony, so here is our view from another day. We spotted gators on the lake there a couple of times.

We have a huge walk in wardrobe down the end of our room with a closet opposite for all the towels. And then the bathroom.

Great big double shower and huge bath.

Lots of space.

We love this place and would love to own one, one day

Now it's 7.45 and time to head out...

Continued into part 2...

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!

Edited at 11:46 PM.
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 12, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post

it looks lovely i can see why you feel so at home x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 12, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

lovely resort.
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 12, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post

lovely resort
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 12, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Resort looks fab! We were looking for a villa with its own pool, but if these have balconies and are the right price then we may change our minds!

Gill x
Old 1 Dec 12, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We stayed in a 2 bed there in may and liked the resort - your condo is stunning.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 13, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
LLKJDisney
VIP Dibber

LLKJDisney's Reviews
we stayed in bahama bay but it was nothing like your condo, i would stay in one like yours in a heart beat, how did you book it?
LLKJDisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 13, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jakes Mom View Post
we stayed in bahama bay but it was nothing like your condo, i would stay in one like yours in a heart beat, how did you book it?
We stay in a gran bahama they are the big condos. The first time we stayed it was for our wedding so we treated ourselves but we would never want to stay anywhere else now.

We book through owners at bahama-bay.co.uk
each time so we know exactly the condo that we will be staying in.

Hope that helps.

@adeandlisadodisney

miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 13, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Wow your condo looks great
Old 18 Apr 13, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scotsprincess View Post
Wow your condo looks great
Thanks so much.
We love staying there.

@adeandlisadodisney