Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Nov 12, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Legs, Nerds & Wings - Day 2 - Bahama Bay & Seaworld Part 2

Trip Report Index

Just to start, I'm Lisa - the planner and reporter. Ade is my hubby and he's our driver and there's Hollie who is 13 and partial to the odd teenage moment and Louis is 10 and our fussy eater. This is our third Orlando trip.

13th October 2012
Day 2 - Bahama Bay & Seaworld - Part 2

... Continued from Part 1...

So we left Bahama Bay at 7.45am. We always make a soundtrack for our holidays built from all our favourite happy tracks. We have a day time and a night time, so we headed off in the big Tahoe listening to our favourite happy tunes.

We were meeting my sister and her family as Seaworld at 10am.
They arrived in Orlando a few days before us on the 3rd Oct for my brother in law's sister's wedding. I am very close to my sister, so was super excited about us meeting up. It was her first visit. She has 3 kiddies. Our girls and boys are the same age and they also have little Millie who is 4.

We had all hoped before we came over that we would be up early enough for breakfast at IHOP before we met them and we were.
The 192 was nice and quiet and there was no wait time for a table today.

This is one place that we miss back home.

Louis had a kiddie meal and Hollie and I shared the breakfast sampler as there is 2 of everything.

Ade had one to himself and it came to $28 something.
Very good start to the day.

We arrived at Seaworld at around 9.30am. It was so hot already.
We hung around the entrance waiting for my sis to arrive.

Louis had the first holiday spend and bought this water mister thing, but drove everyone mad with it throughout the day by spraying us suddenly in the face without warning and by spraying our bums without us knowing so it looked like we'd wet ourselves and spraying his and his cousins armpits too... nice.
This was taken whilst we still liked Louis and his spray.

Sarah-Jane turned up around 10.15am. I love her to bits, but we are so so different, she is so unorganized and always forgets something. As a joke before they arrived Ade said, I bet they forget their shoes. They did infact forget Millie's.

The cousins were all very excited to see one another. The first thing we did was to go on Manta. I was feeling quite nervous about the big rides this year, so was happy to get it over and done with. I actually really enjoyed it. The girls all went first, wait time was 30mins but it took about 20. Then the Dad's went on as we did a parent swap as the youngest 3 couldn't go on.

We went to the Stingrays next. We love this part. My sis has a fear of fish, but she did attempt to get her hand in which was more than I expected from her.
(she's the one with her hand in the air)

Some stingrays were very splashy and the kids got quite wet

We went on to the dolphins and then we did Journey to Atlantis for the first time.
Here's the kids watching first.

And then we thought this would be a nice spot for a piccie, so Sarah-Jane took one of Ade and I.

Journey to Atlantis was great, we all loved it. That rollercoaster bit at the end was a great surprise. We only waited a few mins.

We carried on wandering around, we did the Sealion show, the sharks, turtle trek was over an hours wait so we left that. We headed over to the Shamu area and started Trick or Treating. We were all given bags as we walked through.
The kids loved this.

We went around and joined the candy queues and collected candy at each station.

We decided to head to the Shamu stadium for seats. It was about 30mins before the show and as it was really hot we wanted splash zone seats. The whole shamu area was VERY busy. I think as it was the weekend and also halloween alot of the local were there with their little ones. So my sister and her hubby took Millie to do a couple of baby rides whilst we took the older ones for seats.

We didn't visit Seaworld last time as we'd been a few times during our first in 2007. We actually got married at Bahama Bay and came to Seaworld later in the day for our wedding meal at the underwater shark grill. But as the kids were much younger (5 & 7yrs) they don't remember coming before. So Ade and I sat with the kids in row 6 of the 15 rows of the splash zone knowing we'd get soaked.
Sarah-Jane came back about 10mins before the show started. Ben her hubby has been coming to Florida with his family for years, sat next to me and whispered ''we are going to get soaked''. We were laughing as the kids were completely unaware and we couldn't wait to see their reactions.
The show was amazing. It was the first time watching without the trainers and I have to say we enjoyed it just as much. The show always makes me feel quite emotional.

We had fantastic seats but did not get wet at all.
All the other sections got soaked. The block alongside us on the left had all mostly left, crying younger kids or people just surprised as how much water was coming out, but our tiny section remained completely dry. Can you believe it!
It was still fun though.
When we came before Ade had disappeared before the show and cane back with little Shamu dished with choccie chipcookies. The kids still love those dishes now, he tried to get more but they didn't have them anymore

We were all feeling tired now. It was about 4.30pm. We had planned to only have a half day here and then go back to the resort with my sis as they were staying at ours for the night, so we'd planned a pool afternoon as it was our first day and knowing we would be up early. But my sis wanted to make the most of the day. She wanted Millie to do some rides and the older ones wanted to do Kraken, so we split.
I went with Sarah-Jane, the boys and Millie to the Shamu Express and the Dad's took the girls. The kiddie area was packed. It was showing a 20min wait for the ride, so I said I'd stay with the pushchair and bags whilst they went on the ride. I sat on a rock and could have slept. They'd been gone for a few mins when a person came and changed the time from 20mins to 60mins
I had a long, hot and tiring wait. But the kids had a good time.
We'd planned to meet back at the dolphins as Millie wanted to see the dolphins again. I had no way of contacting the Dads. We eventually found them at the dolphins. They had gotten straight on to Kraken. They all preferred it to Manta.
We finally left the park around 6.30pm. Tired and very hungry. We hadn't really stopped for lunch.
We got back to Bahama Bay at about 7pm.

We went down to the pool and all woke up.
We had pizza, fries, wings and buds. Bahama Bay make the best wings. It was the one thing we were so looking forward to and the pizza dough and sauce is made freshly every day. It's so good.
So we spent an evening by the pool and in the hot tub. The music was playing and some karaoke was going on in the bar too. It felt like a great holiday atmosphere.

We finally all went to bed around 11pm.
The boys in the kids room. The girls in the spare room with Millie in the travel cot (they have these in the apartments) and the sofa in the lounge turns in to a sofa bed.

It was the longest first full day we'd ever had, but really helped with the jet lag as we never actually got any at all this time.

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 12, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

A great day with your sister
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 12, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
A really good first day
Old 18 Nov 12, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post

A great day
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 12, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill635
Imagineer

Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely day

xx
Old 1 Dec 12, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
What a lovely day.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 13, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Great day @ SeaWorld. Glad to hear you enjoyed One Ocean as much as Believe as i am worried it wont be as good!

Lovely pic of you & Ade x
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 13, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Great day @ SeaWorld. Glad to hear you enjoyed One Ocean as much as Believe as i am worried it wont be as good!

Lovely pic of you & Ade x
The show was still lovely and still made me feel emotional.

Thanks I love that picnic too. Makes a change I usually hate photos of me

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 13, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Great day!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 13, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
ladeh
slightly serious Dibber

Lovely day! Bet you was shattered tho
ladeh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List