Old 26 Nov 12, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
I need to sell a kidney... but I'm going! - Day 7

We woke to the sound of rain ☹ in fact we woke several times to the sound of rain during the night, it hadn’t stopped since yesterday!

Still, we were in Disney, and we had to make the most of it!

I had hoped that an evening hung up in the bathroom would have meant dry jeans and jumpers, it didn’t, we were soggy before we’d even left our room! My shoes were an equally soggy story ☹

Still convinced that things would clear up soon we headed down to breakfast to eat our body weight in pastries. No plastic bags to stash cheesy rolls in today, we were going to sample some more Disney counter service delights!

We didn’t waste long on breakfast, eager to get cracking on our last full day in the parks. I have to admit though that even my resolved started to falter on reaching the hotel entrance, yep, still bucketing it down. Now with hindsight, sitting in the warmth of my livingroom back in the UK, we should have packed it in and either gone to check out the hotel pool or gone back to the room to sit it out on the balcony. But at the time anything other than EMH seemed like a waste and so leaving the sensible people back in the lobby we headed out.

After 10 seconds we were soaked, and pretty much from that point on it could have rained all it liked, I was as wet as I was ever going to be, which with no coat and an absorbent hoodie was VERY soggy indeed.

We managed buzz and space mountain before I realised the error of my ways. Yes we were making the most of our time here but were we having fun? the short answer was no.

It was around this time that I realised my feet were soaking, which considering I was wearing boots wasn’t promising. I discovered a hole in my sole and that was the last straw for me. I convinced Adam that if we could just head back to the hotel so I could sort my feet out I could deal with the rest of the sogginess. He wasn’t pleased and so in stoney silence we marched back to the hotel.

Now again here was my ideal moment to suggest we pack it in until later and go swimming instead… but I didn’t. Instead, on realising that my ballet pumps were going to be even worse at keeping rain out and that I only had one pair of dry socks left I had to get creative. On went the dry socks… followed by a sandwich bag on each foot… then my wet socks and finally my holey boots again! Sweaty? Yes, but more importantly dry!

Dry feet I was much happier so off we went, again in the rain, this time heading for the studios as it was now 9.45

We finally made our first rope drop at the studios and in we went following everyone else towards crush, where we stood, for 15 minutes, IN THE RAIN! until they let us into the loading area. It was round about now, stood in a big queue, completely sodden, that I actually admitted to myself that I was officially insane, this was stupid and in no way fun, but it was a bit late to change our minds now wasn’t it.

We managed crush three times, noticing the second time that the rain was now nothing more than a light drizzle, TYPICAL!

Taking advantage of the now clear skies we headed off to get our fill of TOT, RNR and RC Racer.

The plan was to head over to MK for lunch and then spend the afternoon there as I really wanted to find the anniversary cake somewhere.

As it happened on our way through Studio 1 we saw I could get it from the counter service there instead. Adam just wanted nuggets so ordered everything separately. I on the other hand was starving and grumpy so I ordered the anniversary meal deal.

This meant a HUGE burger, HUGE drink, fries and the all-important cake!

I love the ‘stamp’ on top of the burger

Adam’s looked rather sad in comparison, with his 4 nuggets and fries

Adam’s only cost 3 euros less than mine so it goes to show what good value the meal deals are in comparison, although I admit it’s still expensive.

I wanted to save the cake until later but Adam was still hungry after his four nuggets so we shared it.

I already knew this thing was tiny after reading about it in geoffa’s trippie but it was by far the nicest dessert we had the whole time so I wasn’t complaining about the size!

We left the studios as the sound track to harry potter started playing… we weren’t the only ones to find this odd, a few people commented on it on the way out!

The weather was now GLOURIOUS, see, NO SLEEVES!

With 45 minutes to go we decided to settle down at a good spot to watch the parade, it also gave us chance to enjoy the sunshine and dry off fully

We took it in turns to leave our spot and do some shopping. Adam came back on the last trip with some yummy mickey shaped marshmallows dipped in chocolate, no pictures but they were large so we shared one and kept the other.

As expected just before the start of the show a group of Spanish turned up and sat in front of us, now that didn’t bother me, we were at the back so we could lean, we expect it. What did get on my wick was their decision to park their buggy RIGHT IN FRONT OF US, they could have placed it anywhere along that stretch, but no in front of us it was! Grrrr. My steely glare ensured the father of the group knew my displeasure and they soon moved it to a more suitable position.

Queue lots of parade pics!

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 12, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook

Overall a nice little parade, I loved the additions of the floating fairies and the princess carriages.

Parade over we headed to the hub to check out the castle in the sunshine

We planned to stay here for the rest of the day so we spent the afternoon working our way through all the rides one final time and took some photos along the way

I love that last pick, anyone who says DLP is looking shabby and needs a lick of paint should take a look at that pirate ship, it’s STUNNING

Not wanting to ruin a fantastic tradition once we’d done everything a few times over we headed off to big thunder mountain to ride it again and again until it got dark, creatures of habit that we are!

We were going to cut it fine to catch Disney dreams again so we hung out behind the gardeners hut, in the spot we’d noticed a few days ago, so we had a quick getaway through liberty arcade.

In fact the view wasn’t half bad!

Once the final fireworks went off but before the ‘end’ we set off at a speedy pace towards the exit, on looking back I could see the hoards catching us up so we sped up a little and reached Café mickeys to be first in line! 2 minutes later and that queue was HUGE so we timed it just right!

On entering I was a little let down to see we were being seated in the conservatory. We’d not been in here before but it felt instantly a little ‘out of it’.

There were only 4 other occupied tables in here but it soon filled up!

Our waiter soon arrived and knowing pretty much what we wanted we ordered drinks and food straight away.

We were surprised to see our starters arrive with our drinks. I know it’s soup but it takes longer than that to microwave it!

Knowing this it wasn’t surprising to see that the soup had a ‘skin’ and was luke warm, it had obviously sat a while :/

Still it was tasty and eeyore came along to make up for a disappointing start

It was around this time when we noticed the stereotypical ‘embarrassing brit on holiday’ they were what I imagine the cast of towie to be like, but with less charm and fewer manners. The woman was in the process of complaining loudly to a cast member that her and her son had only seen 1 character the whole time they had been there (which judging by the number of empty wine bottles on the table was a LONG time). The cast member did what I expect all cast members in this situation do, shrugged. This didn’t help and now whenever a character entered the conservatory she shouted across the whole restaurant at them and when that didn’t get the characters attention she got up and dragged the character to her son, regardless of whether that character was with another family or not. And of course everyone of them had to partake in singing happy birthday to her son and sign and wait for LOTS of pictures

I thought things couldn’t get anymore embarrassing for them and brits on holiday in general until the son announced he needed a wee, pulled his pants down and crouched, I’m sure some of you parents out there will think nothing of this, but he wasn’t a toddler :/ I would have been mortified, they didn’t even seem to noticed or care ☹

Anyway I’m waffling…

We did managed to grab goofy before our mains arrived

Mains were a steak for Adam

and the turkey for me

Both were nice but I couldn’t finish the pasta, the cheese was just too overpowering.

Pluto arrived just before Adam finished his steak so he missed out

Onto desserts!

I had the apple pie and Adam had the profiterole

Adam's was nice but mine was a little soggy.

After the desserts the main man arrived!

We weren’t rushed to leave so we spent time looking into the main dining room watching the character interaction.

The table next to us had a little boy asleep on his chair, they tried to wake him up when Minnie arrived but he was fast asleep so instead Minnie lay down on the chair next to him and stroked his head. It made a lovely picture but I’m glad he didn’t wake up, he would have had the shock of his life!

Just as we were leaving we saw eeyore grab a little girl, wrap her up in his arms and roll around on the floor, she loved it and it was cute to watch.

All in all we enjoyed it, not as much as last time but we enjoyed it all the same. We would much prefer to be upstairs again next time though

June 15-Rome & Florence

Edited at 01:07 AM.
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 12, 01:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
As it was still a pleasant evening we decided to do some last minute shopping in the village.

I really wanted a little mermaid t-shirt but all I could find was this and I wasn’t keen

I much preferred the kiddie one!

this was interesting…

and this was EXPENSIVE

Leaving empty handed we decided to head back to the bar at sequoia lodge to blow our last few euros on two liqueur coffee’s

They were yum!

It wasn’t until we got back to the room and finished packing that I realised I was still wearing sandwich bags on my feet! A small cruel part of me contemplated keeping them for Adam’s sandwiches tomorrow but the lovely wife side of me won out…. Or did it ;P

June 15-Rome & Florence
Old 26 Nov 12, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
fabulous day! shame about you getting so soggy but at least it brightened up for you to dry off!

great parade photos,
we were also sat in the conservatory at cafe mickey and also felt a bit out of it! :/
Old 5 Dec 12, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
i198g
Serious Dibber

Another great read!

Glad to see the weather picked up as the day progressed. The parade in DLP looks great too, I love the details on the Princess Carriages. Looking forward to Day 8
i198g is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 12, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Great pics! How much was the Mickey tshirt? I have that dress!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 12, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by loves_disney View Post
fabulous day! shame about you getting so soggy but at least it brightened up for you to dry off!

great parade photos,
we were also sat in the conservatory at cafe mickey and also felt a bit out of it! :/
ooo not long until your next trip!

Originally Posted by i198g View Post
Another great read!

Glad to see the weather picked up as the day progressed. The parade in DLP looks great too, I love the details on the Princess Carriages. Looking forward to Day 8
thanks i will get my butt in gear and finish this. I have a april 2013 pre trippie to write!

Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
Great pics! How much was the Mickey tshirt? I have that dress!
I know, I remembered it from your sig :P It was super cute. The T Shirt was 186 euros... REDUCED!

June 15-Rome & Florence
Old 5 Jan 13, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
lauz
Imagineer

Very resourceful with the sandwich bags!
lauz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 13, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Lol at the sandwich bags!

Shame it was quite so wet, but at least it dried out. Liqueur coffees look yum!
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 13, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by lauz View Post
Very resourceful with the sandwich bags!
Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
Lol at the sandwich bags!

Shame it was quite so wet, but at least it dried out. Liqueur coffees look yum!
hehe always a creative thinker me

June 15-Rome & Florence