Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Dec 12, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wow I love your shoes! Good idea to wear them around the house before to make sure they are comfy.

I was told by abother bride that bridal shoes are so comfy and I will last all day in them ... and she was right! I didn't take mine off from when we left SSR at around 3pm ish til we got back to the GF at midnight hehe.

Happy planning! We used Randy in October and I just love his style, so fun and artistic which works so well over there. We also used Carrie for her parcel delivery service and she is just the best! We have since become great friends and you are in the very best hands
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 12, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lyns0808 View Post
sounds just like us we are getting married on 16th sept and have totally lost my way in planning as havent been too well the last few months.
how many guests are you having? im undecided on dancefloor as not sure i have enough people and finding it difficult to work out how big the room is
xx
Hey there

At the moment we have 14 confirmed guests (well including us as well) but have invites out to another 10 people so could have around 20 I suspect if others can afford it.

I wanted like a mini UK reception hence why we've gone for the dancefloor. I believe we can have up to 30 without compromising on space for a dancefloor (as it has to be set up prior to the evening) but if we don't have a dancefloor then the room can accomodate 60 they say

The room is fairly big but doesn't feel too much. It's oddly shaped which is why it looks smaller but once you're in it, 14 of us will have plenty of room. Plus we can always dance on the carpet in any case

Carrie is providing a member of staff and the music system/speakers and she's done this before so I'm fully confident she will know what she's doing and what works and doesn't. If its been said it can be done then it's ok with me.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 12, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lady emz View Post
Wow I love your shoes! Good idea to wear them around the house before to make sure they are comfy.

I was told by abother bride that bridal shoes are so comfy and I will last all day in them ... and she was right! I didn't take mine off from when we left SSR at around 3pm ish til we got back to the GF at midnight hehe.

Happy planning! We used Randy in October and I just love his style, so fun and artistic which works so well over there. We also used Carrie for her parcel delivery service and she is just the best! We have since become great friends and you are in the very best hands
Ah thanks. Always good to hear reviews of other UK brides using the people we've chosen. I met both Carrie & Randy in September when we visited and just knew straight away I wasn't going to have any problems with them at all.

It's all coming together now and can't believe it'll be under 9 months soon which is flying by...

Randy arrives at 10:30am and as the reception ends around 9:30pm (or prob much later by time we've headed to the bar in the hotel) my shoes better last all day. I want to wear them all the time (and will get them dyed black on our return so I can wear them with formal dresses etc and not waste them in the loft after the wedding).
Old 13 Dec 12, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lady emz
Imagineer

lady emz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
That is a fab idea to dye your wedding shoes xxx
WDW (We love split stays!) - May 2011 - POR/BLT, Mar 2012 - Dibb Villa, Oct 2012 - SSR/GF/DCL/BLT, Apr 2013 - CSR/WL, Nov 2013 - BWV/AKL/DCL/OKW, May 2015 - OKW, November 2015 - ASMu, November 2016 - BCV/Poly
DLP - Oct 2008 - SL, Nov 2011 - Cheyenne, Nov 2014 - Cheyenne

Christmas in the Magic Dec 2015
Will We Make A Rope Drop?! - Apr/May 2013
Mr & Mrs V's Wishes Wedding and Disneymoon - October 2012
Our First Magical Trip - May 2011

lady emz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 12, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi All

So we've now booked our limo for the big day - Thanks to Sarah for her recommendation for Florida Magical Tours. We've chosen a lovely white limo which will look great picking me up from the reception of Hard Rock Hotel and dropping me & hubby back after the ceremony.

Invitations have now been sent and thought you may like to see them in case any of you are stuck for ideas. The lovely Marianne at Ditsy Chic produced these for us and even better she's based in Bristol so we could pick them up personally.

Hope you like them:

I think that's it for now and will update again when we've progressed further!
Old 17 Dec 12, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Laura really love your invites I've never seen ones like this before they are brill. Your dress and shoes are gorgeous, I don't know where to start with dresses although I have some time yet
Old 17 Dec 12, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Peppagail View Post
Hi Laura really love your invites I've never seen ones like this before they are brill. Your dress and shoes are gorgeous, I don't know where to start with dresses although I have some time yet
Indeed but don't wait too long. I ordered mine 24th November and it'll be here end of May - just 3 months before the wedding! So I'm hoping it'll be ok when it arrives as won't have time to get another!
Old 17 Dec 12, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lizj1982
Excited about Disney

OMG those invitations are amazing! I have definite invitations envy x
June 2013 - Dibb villa and our little boys first trip to see Mickey! Sept 2013 - Cypress Grove wedding and Emerald Island Villa June 2015 - Villa May 2016 - 30 weeks pregnant in Disney October 2018 - Our crazy princess' first trip
lizj1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 12, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow love the invitations! I am dying my wedding shoes black after my wedding too
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 12, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Oh wow the invites are fantastic
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread