Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Jan 13, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

First Trip With Our Princesses April 2012 - Day 13 - Magic Kingdom and Islands of Adventure

Day 13 - Thursday 19th April 2012 - Magic Kingdom and Islands of Adventure

'The book' said Islands of Adventure today. We were convinced we wouldn't need a full day there, being wimps, and I think Mat would quite happily not have bothered. We decided that today would probably be our last chance to visit Magic Kingdom, so despite having visited the park on five of the last ten days, we wanted to go back again and say goodbye

I think this is the only day we went to Magic Kingdom when it didn't open until 9 am. After rushing through bag check and the turnstiles, we had to wait under the train station for the opening ceremony, and it was now only about 8.20. We had never experienced waiting here before as back in the day 'rope drop' was at the other end of Main Street. We were hoping to get something to eat from Main Street Bakery before 9 am like we had in 2001, so our plan went out of the window. I didn't enjoy waiting there at all, it felt like such a waste of time. It was becoming quite unpleasant as the space filled up and I was getting more and more cross. We may as well have stayed in bed an extra hour :angry:

Eventually the opening ceremony began and I must admit that despite my annoyance at the unexpected delay to our plans, we were impressed with the ceremony and it was nice to see something that was new to us. I of course got all emotional watching it, these kinds of things just do that to me

We decided we didn't have time to stop at Main Street Bakery now and would get something to eat in a bit. We managed to get a quiet castle shot before heading for Fantasyland although it's a bit dodgy (I have no idea what Freya is doing in the picture, but Sgt Moosha had trained the troops to understand that we didn't have time to mess about trying to get a better shot which with Freya could have taken another precious five minutes)

My notes are rubbish for today but I know we did the carousel and Dumbo. We probably did some other Fantasyland rides too as this was our last chance to revisit our favourites. We stopped at the kiosk by the teacups for a final strawberry lemonade. Three of us had fallen in love with the strawberry lemonade and a few times we bought two of them with snack credits for the three of us to share. (Freya didn't like it.) Inevitably we would then end up fighting over them, so today Seren was very proud of bagging a cup for herself

We still hadn't eaten so on the way out, we grabbed some pastries from the little kiosk at the TTC. We sat and ate them on a bench by the ticket booths and they weren't very nice but filled a hole before we set off for Islands of Adventure

We arrived at Universal without any problems but had to park quite far away in ET (I think) as by now it was about 12 pm. It seemed to take forever to walk from the car park even to City Walk especially as the bag search seemed to be run completely inefficiently. The walk from the car park to bag check was fairly quiet, but then we reached the bag search desks and there was a huge bottleneck. Were we just unlucky (bearing in mind that it was the middle of the day) or is it always a nightmare?

When we eventually reached the Islands of Adventure gates, I had to queue at Guest Services to exchange my voucher for park tickets. With all this faffing both here and at Sea World, I wouldn't bother buying non-Disney park tickets from Virgin Holidays in future. We had to wait in line a few minutes and then the guy who served us was very friendly but very inefficient. In fact, I don't even think it was him who was inefficient, just the process. The voucher I gave him had all our full names on, and yet he wanted me to write out our names again on a piece of paper, even when I pointed out that they were on the voucher. He then used what I had written to type our details into the system, and proceeded to throw that piece of paper in the bin : angry:

Eventually we had our tickets and were able to enter IOA. We had come predominantly for Seuss Landing as the girls (and us) are big fans of the Dr Seuss books. When we had visited Islands of Adventure in 2001, we had wandered through Seuss Landings but not gone on any of the rides, and we had thought it looked cute. Initial impressions of the whole Seuss area for us today were not good. We found it hard to navigate and initially couldn't find the entrance to the Caro-Seuss-El, we just kept ending up in the If I Ran The Zoo playground

The girls were quite happy to spend some time getting wet in the playground and then eventually we made it onto the carousel. The area was pretty quiet but already we were getting a bit fed up with people getting on in front of us with express passes or whatever they're called. It didn't seem as well organised as fastpasses and, to be honest, Mat and I really missed our Disney cocoon at this point. The girls loved the Caro-Seuss-El but we were waiting to be impressed. Next up was Cat In The Hat which was better, we liked the spinning around (but would have liked a bit more of it) and 'Thing 1' and 'Thing 2' were cute

Red Fish Blue Fish was our next ride which we all enjoyed although it didn't seem as organised as the likes of Dumbo. Freya and I managed to only get a little bit wet, Mat and Seren fared worse. Afterwards we went to the trolley ride but it was down. There were a few people standing at the entrance speaking to the CM and waiting for it to open. They seemed to suggest that it would only be a few minutes before it reopened so we decided to hang around too. The CM told the people waiting at the front that someone getting off had put their foot on the track (purposely, she suggested) which automatically shuts down the ride. So we were just waiting for them to restart, which took about 10 minutes from when we started waiting

Once the ride re-opened, there was a bit of a mad dash through the queuing area and as everyone was so keen to ride, we took this as a sign that the trolley ride must be great. The girls really enjoyed it but we thought it was too short and pretty dull, for example why does it travel through the Circus McGurkus cafe? I'm sure they could have made more with this ride concept

While we had been on the trolley ride we had seen the sweet shop ('Snookers and Snookers Sweet Candy Cookers' - I love the name!) which looked really good. We thought about getting a snack from there to tide us over for a bit, but first we wanted to go into the Mulberry Street store and buy the 'Thing 1' and 'Thing 2' t-shirts that we were absolutely not going home without. We had seen children wearing them at home about a year before our holiday and really wanted to get them for the girls. Freya had seen the sweet shop and wanted to go in straight away. She wasn't interested in being in the t-shirt shop at all now, and threw a big strop. Of course, Mat and I were over the moon that she had done this in a busy theme park shop. We needed to size her up for the t-shirt which didn't exactly placate her meltdown

Neither of our girls has had many public tantrums but this one was a humdinger. Think throwing herself on the floor of the shop. :angry: In the end I took her outside for some time-out. She finally calmed down but then got stroppy again when Seren came out and they argued about who was going to sit where on the bicycle and side-car

As we now had the t-shirts, we wanted to leave Seuss Landing as quickly as possible. There was no chance of us taking Freya in the sweet shop after her behaviour so we knocked that idea on the head and re-grouped

As I said at the beginning, we hadn't expected to spend long at Islands of Adventure and had really only come for the Dr Seuss part. Mat in particular hadn't been impressed with what we had seen so far today and I think he was keen to get back to Disney property. I wasn't convinced that there was much more for the girls here, but we had bought 14 day two park tickets from Virgin back when we booked, thinking we'd have at least two days here and it seemed ridiculous that having spent all that money, we were going to leave after about two hours on Universal soil. I also really, really wanted to go on Spiderman which had been my favourite ride in Orlando in 2001 (along with Dinosaur) and possibly also wanted to ride Harry Potter, although I knew that if I could get on them, I'd probably be doing it alone

I convinced Mat as we walked past Port of Entry that we should carry on walking round to Marvel Island. We decided to get some popcorn for us all to share which would fill a hole until we sorted out what to do about a meal today. We had originally had a lunch ADR booked at Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney when we were planning to go to IOA first thing, and also an evening ADR at Sanaa at AKL. However at this point in the holiday we felt we still had too much we wanted to see or see again to commit too much more time to sitting in restaurants, so we had cancelled a few. We weren't sure where the rest of the day was going to take us and it was quite a refreshing change to be playing things by ear. I really enjoyed all the planning and would still do it the same way next time as it worked for us, but it was nice to have a more relaxed day. I think the crowds had been greater for the entire holiday than we had anticipated (we thought only Easter weekend or the first week tops would be busy) so we felt a bit on the back foot with the amount of things that took longer to see in the parks than we'd expected due to long queues

Anyway, it was by now mid-afternoon and we sat down with the popcorn and a drink opposite Spiderman (very strange to have to actually pay for food and drink again)

I said to Mat that I wanted to go on. I asked Seren if she wanted to come on with me, and to be honest I would have probably fainted if she had said yes, which of course she didn't. Freya piped up that she wanted to go on with me, bless her. I told her it would be a bit scary and tried to explain the ride a little. She was still adamant that she wanted to come on, so we went and got in the queue. I think the line said 25 minutes and we waited just a little less than that. I kept looking around for other little children also riding, and there were a couple, which helped reassure me that I wasn't the worst parent in the world, taking my four year old onto a pretty intense ride

Freya took it all in her stride and was quite excited, even despite the darkness and intensity of even the queuing area. She was excited about wearing the 3D glasses. I told her that if she didn't like it, she should just take off the glasses and the baddies would go away. We were assigned the front row, next to a young couple so I sat on the end thinking she would find it more comforting being in the middle with an adult either side. I was excited about going back on one of my favourite rides but worried about how Freya was going to react, even though she didn't seem apprehensive about it at all

Spiderman was excellent, I loved it and it was definitely intense. I kept turning to Freya to check she was ok. She was holding her 3D glasses onto her face so she could see, and just taking it all in, bless her. When our car arrived back at the exit, I asked her if she was ok and if she had enjoyed it, and she said she had. She's so brave! Unfortunately there was a bit of an incident straight after our conversation that took the shine off our Spiderman triumph. We climbed out of the car and had ended up being the last ones to leave our vehicle. As we headed towards the dark-ish walkway to the exit, a door opened and out came the Green Goblin (have just googled this as I had no clue who it was before. If you can't picture the costume, look it up and appreciate how inappropriate this was for Freya.) He came out of the door completely in character and paused. We were essentially walking straight towards him so I said to Freya that he was just a man dressed up and that it was ok. We walked past him and then I could feel that he was following us down the walkway, and I could tell that he was very much in character and it just felt threatening (obviously as an adult I knew it was fantasy but my four year old, not so much.) My instinct was to pull over and wait for him to walk past, which we did. Unbelievably, he walked past us and paused to kind of sneer and threaten us. Freya didn't cry but she looked very distressed and grabbed hold of me. I said to him, 'please just carry on walking, she's very little and she's scared.' He did move along, got out into the open and crept up behind a woman talking to her family and scared her witless. Ha ha

We got back to Mat and Seren and I felt like the excitement and achievement of riding Spiderman had been tarnished by the inappropriate behaviour of this character. That may sound like an overreaction, but I was really annoyed. :angry: It was bad luck that we walked out at the same time as him, but he should have waited for us to move out of the way as we were heading out of the exit anyway, and it would only have taken a few seconds. He certainly shouldn't have approached us the way he did. I know Disney character costumes and behaviours would never be so menacing, but I do feel they would adapt their act anyway based on their audience. His goal seemed to be 'scare anyone', even a four year old girl. I know Universal are trying to be 'edgy' but it was another 'it's not Disney' moment for us

Moving on, I told Mat a couple of times that he needed to go on Spiderman and eventually he gave in. Seren was still adamant that she didn't want to go on, so Mat went on Single Rider. While he was gone, we decided to get an ice-cream from the kiosk along the street. They didn't have 'proper' ice-cream, only those ice-cream dots that none of us had ever tried before. We each had a small tub of vanilla and none of us liked them very much. The texture was bizarre and they just tasted of 'cold.' They ended up going in the bin

Mat came back and agreed that Spiderman was still great. While he had been gone, an announcement had been made that the Super Heroes parade had been cancelled due to the 'rain.' There had been a few periods of 'spitting' rain since we had arrived at the park, but it had really just been a very light drizzle. It was the first rain we had experienced all holiday and so far it wasn't causing us any problems

We agreed to carry on walking through the park rather than going towards the exit, although we still didn't think we'd be at IOA much longer. We made a quick toilet stop, and the girls were still complaining of being hungry (probably because it was heading towards 4 pm and we still hadn't eaten an actual meal so far that day.) We decided to go to the Comic Strip Cafe, where we had eaten in 2001, and get some fries and onion rings. We sat outside and the sun briefly came out again for us. The fries were cold and we should have taken them back but couldn't be bothered

Continued below...

Edited at 12:59 PM. Reason: Adding photos
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 13, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

...continued

We went to have a look at the rides in Toon Lagoon, and amazingly Seren decided she wanted to go on Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls. There was absolutely no way I would be getting on that, so Mat reluctantly agreed to take her on. Seren then spent a few moments to-ing and fro-ing over whether she did actually want to go on, but eventually they went off to get in the short line (behind a big group of teenagers.) Freya and I took our positions on the bridge to watch them, and after ten minutes or so, I was convinced that we'd either missed them or the big group had really slowed the line down. Then they appeared and we found out Seren had bottled it in the queue because she didn't like the idea of Mat sitting behind her rather than next to her. He said it was separate seats so he couldn't even have cuddled her from behind and so she didn't want to ride

Never mind though, because she had decided that she wanted to on Bilge Rat Barges instead. Over to you again then, Daddy (I felt he still owed me for Splash Mountain five days before.) Freya said she wanted to go on this one too, but when they got to the line, the sign said she was too small. So I got her back, in hysterics because she wanted to go on, and still quite determined to get in line despite what the sign said. Great. But she soon calmed down and we stood and watched the barges from the bridge. Again, ten minutes of 'this must be them... no... oh, they'll definitely be on the next one.' It was raining again by now, still not proper Florida rain at this point. Their boat eventually passed the bridge (they are in this picture, honest, on the left) and then we had to make a run for cover

Needless to say, they came off soaked to the skin but said it was down to the ride rather than the rain which they had barely noticed. There were a lot of people queuing for the dryers but there really wasn't any point because of the weather. We carried on walking to Jurassic Park, had a quick look at a few boats coming down the drop at the River Adventure, but none of us wanted to ride even a little bit (Mat and I did go on this in 2001 but we've become bigger wimps since then, although my arm could be twisted if the girls wanted to go on in the future)

We did want to go on the Pteranodon Flyers though. We hadn't been on this before and as it's now deemed a 'kid's ride', we were there. The CM at the entrance told us it would be about a 40 minute wait, which we said was ok. We followed the queuing area and found the end of the line, thinking 'oh, this won't be 40 minutes. There aren't many people in front of us.' Anyone who has been on this will know how slow the queue is. We really did wait 40 minutes, and didn't we know it? It was still raining lightly and although we were mostly sheltered from the rain, we actually felt cold for the first time since we arrived in Florida (excessive air-conditioning aside of course)

Eventually Freya and I were being fastened into our seat restraints and told by the very enthusiastic CMs to 'fly like a bird.' How they keep up that enthusiasm when they have to say that every 30 seconds, I'll never know. We were quite excited about the Flyers but I spent the whole 90 seconds convinced that any second Freya was going to fly out of the seat in front of me. Mat apparently felt exactly the same with Seren, and it's not because we're excessive worriers, the swings just really felt, well to us - unsafe, but to others exciting would probably cover it. I did enjoy the experience but was glad when we got back to the exit all in one piece

While we were waiting for Mat and Seren we noticed there were caves to explore which the girls would have loved so I'll bear it in mind for next time. Today we needed to press on if we were going to make it to Harry Potter before we all ran out of steam

When we had booked the holiday, neither of us had been bothered about visiting WWOHP or riding Forbidden Journey as we haven't read any of the books or watched the films and don't really have any interest in it. Seren isn't quite old enough to read / watch them and Mat is anti anything that is hyped or very popular. I had read that FJ was very good, but was put off by the crowds and stories of how the whole Harry Potter area sometimes gets so busy they have to close it. So I had approached our day at IOA thinking that I would like to ride FJ, but if we didn't even make it into WWOHP, it was no biggie. As it turned out, Harry Potter world was actually pretty quiet, I think because of the weather and how late in the day it was (it was coming up for 5 pm and the park closed at 7)

We basically had to walk through Harry Potter to get to the exit (or stupidly walk all the way back round the park to reach it from the other direction.) The first thing we saw when we entered the area was the castle and it was amazing (even Mat was impressed) so we took some obligatory photos

The line for Forbidden Journey was about 30 - 40 minutes if I remember correctly, but I needed to psych myself up for that a bit, so first Freya and I went on Flight of the Hippogriff (needless to say, the wimps declined.) It looked very fast, but Freya was really excited. I did feel a bit unnerved as we were climbing into our seats when a lady with a child of similar size to Freya said to the people getting into their seats behind them 'Hold on to him, it's really fast'

It was very fast, but didn't feel unsafe, and Freya and I 'whee-ed' our way through it. Buoyed up, I announced I was going to ride Forbidden Journey and it was decided that the others would come and do the castle walk-through. I missed the directions given by the CM at the main entrance for the single rider route, but there was another helpful CM just inside the castle who pointed me in the direction of the line, and Mat and the girls in the direction of the castle tour. I followed a lady through the single rider line which is almost a 'backstage route' cutting out a lot of the castle rooms. As I had missed most of the tour, I brought the girls back through, a CM in the castle said quite aggressively 'they (the girls) can't ride' and I had to explain that we were just doing the tour. Did he really think I was trying to get a 102 cm four year old on the ride?

Back to the ride, I walked straight on using the single rider line and got the last seat on the bench, next to the lady I had followed. Before I got on, I witnessed a blatant and successful queue jump. A couple of young Americans in the single rider line actually leapt over the barrier into the standard queue, about three people from the front. Neither the CMs or the people they had cut in front of confronted them, so they were either oblivious or scared to tackle them on it

We set off on our adventure and I was feeling pretty nervous as I didn't know what to expect. I hadn't bothered to actually read up on the ride format, but I assumed it was something like Spiderman. I find being nervous on a ride when I'm on my own is more stressful than being with someone I know because there's no release or distraction. I was very impressed with the first minute or so of the ride and scared as well but in a good way. Then about two minutes in we went round a corner and just stopped. The audio was still playing but we had stopped face to face with a rock. The ride is very disorientating so it took a few seconds to work out that it had broken down. We sat there for what was probably about 30 seconds with the audio repeating and then the lights came on. The audio was still going and we were still sat there. Then the two Americans at the other end of the vehicle started having a really loud conversation. One of them was a teenage boy, telling his mom or nan how earlier on in the day he had been on about three other big rides in the park / at Universal which had also broken down. I know back in the day when Universal was first open there were lots of technical problems. I can remember trying to get on Jaws over a period of a few days when it first opened and it repeatedly shutting down before we could get on it. We even once drove back from somewhere like Clearwater just to get on Jaws for the first time. Do they still struggle with as many technical problems?

I tried to look sideways to see the vehicles in front and behind us and could just about see the one in front. There's a photo I saw somewhere showing the ride in front of one of the screens they use, with the lights up and it looks really weird. For some reason it surprised me that the vehicle in front looked just like it did in the photo. Anyway, announcements were made and after less than ten minutes we were on our way again. BUT they didn't turn the lights off again for another fifteen seconds or so and that short period was the worst part of the ride. Seeing what you're not meant to see, like the ceiling in full light made it more scary and the ride motion was much more unsettling with the lights on. The swinging up and down with the lights on was extremely disorientating. I was so grateful when the lights were off again, and although I enjoyed the last part as it was really intense, I was pleased to be off again. I would definitely like to go back and ride it again properly without it breaking down

I got outside and told Mat it was very clever and that he had to ride. I'm ashamed to admit I actually told him it wasn't very scary, because I really wanted him to experience it. Now in my defence, I did forget for a minute how scared he is of ghosty type things. But I did think he'd be so technically impressed by it, that he wouldn't be scared. Unfortunately he didn't like it, and because of it breaking down when I was on it and then again just afterwards, he had to wait quite a bit longer to get on than I had. I took the girls through the castle again as mentioned earlier, and then we just hung around the ride entrance, the girls messing about and making me cross. They had been so good all holiday, and I was disappointed that they couldn't behave now when I was in sole charge of them. To be fair, it was the end of a long day, almost two weeks into a tiring holiday and they weren't actually being that badly behaved, I think I overreacted. But I was grateful when Mat came back and we could move on

We had a look around the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, not actually going in any shops or anything, but we were really impressed with the theming and the detail. Having seen it all in photos doesn't make it any less spectacular in reality. Even Mat was in awe, despite his previous protestations about not being interested in the whole thing. We felt the fact that it was still overcast (but no rain luckily since the Pteranodon Flyers) made the snowy rooftops look more realistic than when we see it in photos in bright sunshine

How Brits Abroad is this one?

It was after 5 pm now and we were all done at Islands of Adventure. Mat still talks about the park in derogatory terms but we'd had a longer and more enjoyable day than either of us had been expecting. He doesn't even want to go back to the park on our next Florida holiday but I think that's selling short our day there. We wandered back to the car, I don't think we even stopped in any shops as we were pretty weary. By the time we arrived back at the Yacht Club we had decided on room service pizza since we were all pooped and I thought I could get started on the packing, so that is what we did, and very nice it was too (the food, not the packing that is.) We had the Pizza Party for four (pizza, salad and soft drinks) which cost us 2 credits each but we had plenty of credits to spare now, and the convenience was great

Excuse the mess...I was packing

The girls went to bed and I got stuck into the packing. Mat went down to the gift shop and bought a pretty small Mickey Mouse suitcase for the extras we had accumulated. We ended up having an early night, and had managed to do most of the packing by bedtime which felt good. (I was even organised enough to pack one case with all the Florida stuff we wouldn't need in New York, and two with all our New York clothes: jeans etc that we hadn't worn for a fortnight.) What didn't feel good at all was knowing that when we got up in the morning, it would be our last full day in Florida

*edit* Just looked at the Virgin 2013 brochure prices for these Universal tickets and it looks like we must have paid about £400 for them. £400 for what turned out to be five hours in one of the parks. That was a big mistake, and although we had a very good (half) day, it obviously wasn't worth that amount of money. Not really knowing how much use we would get from them when I booked, I took the easy option and bought them through Virgin. Suffice to say I have learnt from my mistake and would never do that again

Day 14 is here

Edited at 03:36 PM.
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 13, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Not finished reading but wanted to comment. The characters stay in character tooth sometimes and should see who they are seeing and what their reaction is in case it needs toning down.

My DD likes jake and the never land pirates and I am worried she will be scared to see Captain Hook.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 13, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lisa29 View Post
Not finished reading but wanted to comment. The characters stay in character tooth sometimes and should see who they are seeing and what their reaction is in case it needs toning down.

My DD likes jake and the never land pirates and I am worried she will be scared to see Captain Hook.
Thanks Lisa. It was inappropriate and really annoyed me

You never know how children are going to react to the characters until it happens. We only saw Captain Hook in the parade, I don't think Freya would have wanted to meet him. The Captain Hook puppet at the Disney Junior show is very cute though
Old 22 Jan 13, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Sorry, that should say too much not tooth!

Great rest of the day.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 13, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
a good I of A day
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 13, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
a good I of A day
Yes it was, thanks, Sue. Still trying to convince hubby that we should return to IoA when we go back to Florida. He seems to have forgotten what a lovely afternoon we had there. Still, it's three (females) against one (male)
Old 30 Mar 13, 04:00 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

I'm sure you can twist his arm lol ,great day at IOA , I really liked it there x

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 13, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mrsbigbeak View Post
I'm sure you can twist his arm lol ,great day at IOA , I really liked it there x
Have managed to convince him to stay at the new Universal hotel next year, so the arm twisting has worked