Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 20 Mar 13, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Vegas & Phoenix 2013 Day 9

Today looked very dull and chilly out, but i told the kids they would be ok in shorts.. bad mummy ha ha .

Decided to finish off the donuts for breakfast , then go to the Pawn Shop and collect the other sign car for our friend.

Gets there and see's a huge queue outside that would easily have taken an hour to get through, so i went to have a word with the security guard and explained i actually wanted to buy something so he let us straight in.. omg if looks could kill from those waiting in the queue

Car purchased and its back in the car and to the Stratosphere hotel, there's a vendor that sets up in there for NASCAR week and we were trying and failing to get a certain diecast, he didn't have it either !

Had a good wander round but not impressed to find the Aunt Annes Pretzel stall is no longer there :-( so decided on a Mcdonalds.

I've seen several moans on the Dibb recently that Mcdonalds is expensive but we had 2 chicken sandwiches, 1 big mac ,2 large drinks and 2 large fries (which were massive and fed all 4 of us) for $19 which i think is very reasonable.

Still really dull so Barry asks did we want to go to the outlets at Primm... silly question !

So off we go... its really easy to find and took about 40 mins. We spent about 2.5 hrs here and got some fab bargain.. Juicy Trackie bottoms $19 , Holister t-shirt $3.50 ,Hollister trackie bottoms $10 , Guess Boots $29 (reduced from $100) ,Armani necklace $55 i then bought the kids a Adidas watch each from the Fossil shop $20 each,Chloes i've seen onsale here for £100 and was tagged up at $175.
We had a fab time and will definitely go back there on future trips ,its being able to visit places like this that makes paying for a hire car worthwhile.

Arrived back in Vegas around 5.30pm , took all our new things back to the hotel, got changed and decided to take the car to Circus Circus and eat at Rock & Rita's using the $60 Groupon voucher i had bought for $30.

Waited around 20 mins for a table so had a good look through the menu

I decided on pulled pork and omg the portion was huge and it was so nice , the total bill inc drinks for the 4 of us was $47... and we were stuffed so in hindsight i could have bought the $30 voucher and just put some cash to it.

We all enjoyed the food and atmosphere so much we decided we would be eating there again.

Had a wander around the hotel and took the kids upstairs to the Taffy shop , $10 later and they both had a decent sized bag each.
Looked for the Chuck Jones Experiance which we had tickets for and found it tucked away in one corner.. chances of that place remaining open Zero !

Went back to the car and drove back to the hotel.

daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 13, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews

daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 13, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Ooh outlets sound good, Hollister t-shirt for £3.50! Jeeps.

Food sounds good too, I LOVE a good bit of pulled pork!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 13, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
It was much cheaper than either of the outlets in Vegas ,i noticed there's a shuttle leaves the MGM 3times a day and goes to Primm ,not sure how much it costs tough.
Old 21 Mar 13, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
It was much cheaper than either of the outlets in Vegas ,i noticed there's a shuttle leaves the MGM 3times a day and goes to Primm ,not sure how much it costs tough.
It costs $15 but you can save money booking in advance online. Funnily enough the only time we stopped at Primm it was rubbish but it's all about timing with these discounted stores.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 13, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews

Pulled Pork at Rock & Rita's
Old 23 Mar 13, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
vickyc651
Imagineer

Fab bargains to be had then, you done really well. Glad to hear that you enjoyed rock and Rita's as I have bought a groupon, also bought the chuck jones experience too
Old 23 Mar 13, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by vickyc651 View Post
Fab bargains to be had then, you done really well. Glad to hear that you enjoyed rock and Rita's as I have bought a groupon, also bought the chuck jones experience too
Check out the Chuck Jones fb page..you'll see my opinion on it on there lol..(unless they have removed it !).

I'm afraid it was a total and utter waste of money... there's just very little to it, unless you want to look at pictures... the interactive stuff isn't much good when there are signs saying " sorry no paper"... had i paid full price i would have demanded a refund.
Old 23 Mar 13, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
vickyc651
Imagineer

They really bigged this experience up to. Just mentioned your comments to DH and he just said that he had looked at you tube footage and yes it looks c***. Suppose it frees up an afternoon
Old 23 Mar 13, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by vickyc651 View Post
They really bigged this experience up to. Just mentioned your comments to DH and he just said that he had looked at you tube footage and yes it looks c***. Suppose it frees up an afternoon
I'd say we spent 30 mins there tops...and omg the shop is so overpriced.I was annoyed really for Chloe ,she really likes drawing etc so i thought there would be loads for her to do..there was nothing... right at the end there's like a classroom with a few pencils and bits of paper where you can draw pics... wow they can do that at home for free !

They had a t-shirt Chloe liked $50 ,i noticed it was made by Junkfood, the same shirt in JC Penny's was $20.

I'll try and get the last few days done later tonight or tomorrow... not long now for you :-)))