Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 24 Mar 13, 03:52 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Vegas & Phoenix 2013 Day 13

Today was a lovely hot day :-) higher temps than normal so i was happy..

We had a lie in today ,me till 9am and the kids till 10am, tbh we really needed this as we really hadn't stopped all holiday, plus the day before the clocks had changed so "lost " a hour in bed.

Had a few snacks in the room and got ready and took the car down to Circus Circus.
Walked upstairs to the Chuck Jones Experiance and handed our tickets over (bought from Groupon half price).. we were the only people here and i can see why. I doubt we were there 30 mins ,unless you want to look at paintings there is very little to do.. There are a few interactive things but they had no paper !
At the end is a classroom type place where you can draw/use a chalk board ,think childrens nursery and you'll get the idea.
There is also a very overpriced shop.

In short this attraction is a total waste of money,had i paid full price i would have asked for a refund. Unless something changes i can't see this place existing for long.

Kids wanted to look around the Adventuredrome..in short this was no better than last year,mostly side shows ,the water ride is being dismantled and its expensive. We had a ticket for one ride that a kind dibber had sent me..Chloe choose the sling shot.

Well off she went and i noticed 2 little girls on there that were far too small ,but the attendant who was at least in her 70's didn't seem fussed anyway Chloe couldn't find a seat as a few were out of order ! Then the two little girls got off so Chloe was told to take a seat,so she did. I then saw why the girls got off ,the shoulder restraint (goes over the head)doesn't click tight like every other ride ,inside a seat belt type thing comes up from between the legs and clicks to the restraint...but because it moves the little girls were scared !
At this point Chloe's face went white and she asked to get off.. Barry went up the few stairs to get her,the attendant told him no and set the ride off:angry:
I couldn't look i have never been so terrified , Chloe was shaking when she got off as she had moved about so much in the seat.

Never again will a child of mine go on a ride in that place..

I just wanted out of that place...so i have since complained since i got home and got nowhere.

As we hadn't yet properly eaten today ,we decide to have lunch at Rock & Rita's using a $6.99 lunch voucher... Pulled Pork sandwiches for Connor, Barry and I ,Some kind of wrap for Chloe. We all really enjoyed this meal and its on our favourites list for next year.

I wanted to visit Counts Kustoms (its a spin off from Pawn Stars) which wasn't far from the strip.. basically behind Circus Circus past all the strip clubs (close your eyes kids ) and into a Industrial Estate.
We went into reception,signed in and then were allowed to look around Count's personal collection of cars ,some awesome stuff here.
Not allowed into the workshop where cars are customised but we still really enjoyed it.
Outside Connor tells me he can see "Horny Mike" who i ask .. turns out he's a star of the so and customising everything with horns.. hence the name... Photo & autograph later Connors got a new friend !
Then we see the Count leaving in a really nice car..

Another "new" thing we had really enjoyed.

It was really hot by now,so we decided to drive over to the Flamingo ,park there and explore that part of the strip.
Walking through the Flamingo we stop for a drink and cakes from MrsFields ...this is Barry's favourite place :-)
Had a wander around the grounds and the family pool was open and busy...

I do think its a shame the family pool is the smaller one now and the one with the slides is adult only.

Walked through Harrahs and the construction site that is the Quad, down to the Venetian and had a wander around here,saw a few brides having pictures taken near the water.
Kids wanted to look in Sugar and we bought a few bits (Sugar is very much like the Sugar Factory but much much cheaper) .. had a lovely time just wandering around ,taking everything in.

Walked over to the Mirage because Chloe wanted to look in the Kardashian shop ,i know she would have loved something from there but $60 for a t-shirt and $6 for a pen that's $1 elsewhere...oh and $30 for pair of socks. We were given a leaflet saying Rob Kardashian would be appearing the next weekend but to meet him i'd need to spend $125... yeah right ! So massively overpriced ,a few people looking ,none buying !

Carried on walking down to Paris and the Sugar Factory but didn't buy anything , it was still really warm at 8pm..Wandered slowly back to the car and decided to go and have a look at the KISS crazy golf place.

Chloe was in KISS heaven ,and bought a few bits , both kids looked at the golf but i told them it was too expensive (it was to be a last night surprise for them).

Drove back to the hotel and went upto the room ,kids played on the ipods etc , Barry went down for a gamble ,i don't know what he spent but he was back with 30 mins and nothing to show for it lol.

All in all today was a lovely day and everything we love about Vegas,the sun,the strip ,just wandering around etc

Counts Kustoms

daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 13, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews

Flamingo adult pool area

daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 13, 03:59 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews

Old 24 Mar 13, 04:04 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Rock & Rita's

"i'll never eat all this ! "

"oh wait i just did! "
Old 24 Mar 13, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
armo102
Apprentice Imagineer

armo102's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Looks like after a weird start a good day was had. The photos of the sweet shop love it. DH spent ages choosing sweets

Old 24 Mar 13, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

LOL at Horny Mike!

Lunch looks great value again, and huge portions too.

Shame everything is so expensive in some of these shops, don't think I have come across Sugar before.

Counts Customs looks great fun.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 13, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Glee Fan View Post
LOL at Horny Mike!

Lunch looks great value again, and huge portions too.

Shame everything is so expensive in some of these shops, don't think I have come across Sugar before.

Counts Customs looks great fun.
I've never come across Sugar before I think it's just in the Venetian...There's also several shops called LICK opened up , again very similar to the sugar factory with prices to match, I mean $26 for a small lollipop just because it has a blingy stick .
Old 24 Mar 13, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Omg I can't believe they set the ride off after you had asked to get Chloe off! I'd have been fuming. One fully you will get somewhere with your complaint!

Other than that, what a brilliant day. Food looks fab, we never mad it down to Circus Circus when we went but it will be on the list for our next trip!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 13, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
good photos again
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 13, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
thankyou