Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Perfect Portaventura - Day 4

Previously: Days 2 and 3

Day Four - Wednesday 5th June 2013 - Back to the Park

After yesterday's more restful visit to the beach and snooze by the pool, it was time to hit the theme park again. Well, we did have week long tickets so it seemed a shame not to.

We were slightly later entering the park this time but it was still quite early. We decided to head around in the opposite direction to last time going to the Far West first...

...which, in hindsight, was probably a bad idea because very little was running in this area at this time. Silly staggered start times. Anyway, the theming in this area was very good.

We did go on the Buffalo bumper cars and the carousel though.

Then, through Mexico, it was into China (where we had a 'build-your-own' ice cream)...

...before finding ourselves back at the new Sesame Street Land.

Here we met a couple more Sesame Street characters at the little show they do there. In the show, they 'visit' various European countries and it seems the people at Portaventura think all Englishmen wear bowler hats and carry umbrellas. They know us so well!

Note the pushy kids. They don't seem to do lines at Portaventura so it's everyone for themselves.

Of course, the Magic Fish ride was in this area so we had to do that again (and again). So simple and yet so much fun.

Yet more characters...

At one point we visited the Templo Del Fuego.

That's one to take young kids to see.

It's a bit like Poseidon's Fury at Islands of Adventure in Florida but features fire rather than water. And half-burnt skeletons on stakes. Lovely.

It's strange but PortAventura only has 3 dark rides (indoor attractions) - Templo Del Fuego, Sea Odyssey and the new El Secreto De Los Mayas mirror maze. Oh, and I suppose it also has just 2 indoor shows - the Bubble man and Musical ones. But the vast majority of its 40+ attractions and shows are outside. I'm just glad the weather in Salou is mostly warm and sunny whenever we've been - including this time.

Today we stayed at the park until closing time so we could see the parade. This consists of the various colourful characters in vehicles with some dancers inbetween. It's not as good as the parades at Disney and not particularly well organised either.

Here are a couple of piccies of the parade:

After that, we watched the dancing fountains in the lagoon near the entrance for a while whilst the crowds rushed out. Eventually we scrambled to get the busy tram back to our hotel for dinner and another beer. Ice cream was no doubt involved during the meal as well.

Next: Day 5

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 09:27 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 13, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Another great day, thanks for sharing! And note to self - avoid the temple del feugo

Can I ask, how did you find the prices at PA, for drinks ice creams etc?

Thanks

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 13, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by disneymadhouse View Post
Another great day, thanks for sharing! And note to self - avoid the temple del feugo

Can I ask, how did you find the prices at PA, for drinks ice creams etc?
Prices are a little expensive, as you'd expect in a theme park. Ice creams are around €2.50 and above - I think each choose your toppings ice cream we had was €3.50. Fizzy drinks were a bit above €2 or so, I think. Coffees were a reasonable €1.60 for, say, a latte (a bit small though).

We didn't eat at the parks so I can't tell you the prices for meals. We sneaked some rolls, sandwiches, fruit, pastries into our backpack from the breakfast buffet instead.

As for Temple del Fuego, its not too bad (and worth seeing once) but I wouldn't take young kids - or those who are easily scared - in to see it.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 13, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Hi Nimbus, thanks for the info Prices don't seem too bad then, but I guess a lot could happen to the Euro between now and next August
Great tip about the lunch I think I will probably book us onto the half board package as that seems easiest.

Looking forward to reading the rest of your report.

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 13, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List