Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 29 Jun 13, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post

June 2013- Honeymoon Day 1 Magic kingdom

pre trip

day 0 travel day

Day1 -12th june 2013 Magic kingdom

I was up at 4.45 and kids at 5.15

i had my favourite ever cereal cap n crunch mmmmmm.Boys and DW had toasted bagels, we had a adr at crystal palace booked for 8.10 (park was opening at 9am),we got parked up at MK at 7.20 really sunny day all ready

we were really close to front of parking lot and just walked to tranport terminal. boats not running so early so we were straight on the monorail- i was suprised how busy it was at such a early time.i quickly exchanged my e-ticket for real PLASTIC ticket crads at the ticket booth which was really easy straight forward and quick. we then made our way to the left to enter the park for our adr , we got let straight in after inserting our cards and taking our fingerprints.We NEVER once got asked our name to check if we had a adr which i found a bit strange, untill we actually got to crystal palace .We got some great photos on a quiet main st with the photopass photographers (i arranged a share on the dibb) heres ben and owens 1st pic in mk that we took ourselves-

and heres all of us

oh and heres a pic i got of the spitting image of the mum from Honey boo boo i couldnt resist takng this pic lol if you watch the show you will know who i mean

we got to crystal palace at just gone 8am
we waited outside for about ten mins then got called in, to be honest we were a bit dissapointed with it all, the total bill was $89 for 2 adults and 2 kids, service was poor at one point we waited 20 mins to get a diet coke we ordered , the food was ok and the charcter interaction ok but felt like the charcters could not spend much time with each table as there were that many tables to get around, the mickey waffles were really good though! i dont like tipping when service is poor but its rude not to tip over there so we just left a small tip .

At just before 9 you could see the mad rush of masses of people decending into the park wow it was going to be busy over the holiday we spent 2 days at MK and by far this was the busiest park by along way
after we left crystal palace we went to tommorowland and got our first fast passes of the holiday for buzz lightyear spin ride and then went straight on to the speedeway with about 5 mins que, the boys loved this driving a real petrol car round a long track

Dw was not feeling too good so she sat and waited while i took kids on stich, we waited about ten mins, owen was petrified and ben didnt like it either , it was a bit scary and dark for a young kids charcter like stich! we then all did laugh floor with minsters inc really good and clever show we all really enjoyed it. Then on to Buzz lightyear with our fastpasses which the kids enjoyed and then i went and got 4 fast passes for space mountain for between 1.55 and 2.55 while the boys had there pics taken with stich and then buzz

I had a corn dog mmmm i love corn dogs which was really good.
We went on people mover for a bit of a sit down and then waited around 25 mins to go on the space orbiter rocket ride thing that the boys wanted to go on.
We walked around to fantasyland and wow it was busy round there we went on Philamagic WOW amazing still as good as we remembered form 8 years ago infact i think it is the best thing in any disney park its so disney and so amasing for all the family!
we went to look at the beast castle which was sooooo small i was expecting a massive replica it looks a bit silly in comparison to the main disney castle.
kids where getting hungry so they has some diner in shade chicken nuggets and hot dog from takeway in fantasy land both served with these horrible greasy homemade crisps yukk!

Me and ben then rode space mountain twice within 15 mins with our faspasses , ben really loved it he had hands up in air on 2nd go round, norma que time for this was 90 mins.

We left mk at 3pm watched parade on our way walking down main street to exit.
weather today was a really hot sunny day.
good tip we used form the dibb was to keep getting glasses of free ice water all day which helped cool us down.
we got back to our condo and ben had been really hot all day so went to get his hair chopped off at the hair salon that was 30 sec walk away, it was $15 to get his hair chopped , this was after his hair had gone

we then went swimming for a hour and then the boys wantedto go to the big mcdonalds on i drive, as we approached the dark clouds and storm were approaching

it was hard to see what we wanted to order in mcdonalds the menus were at the back and the tills where you order a way forward, we ordered what we would have bakc home and the mcchicken sandwich was smaller than in the uk SHOCK HORROR!
This place was full of horrible braty kids and bit dirty and messy and would not go back in a hurry! but the kids enjoyed playing on the games area upstairs me and leanne couldnt wait to get out of the hectic place

we were all tied and had a good day -legoland tommorow
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0034.jpg
Views:	1853
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	49237   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0039.jpg
Views:	1858
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	49238   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0040.jpg
Views:	1861
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	49239   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0041.jpg
Views:	1860
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	49240   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0054.jpg
Views:	1860
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	49241  

Name:	DSCN0048.jpg
Views:	1867
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	49242   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0064.jpg
Views:	1861
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	49243   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0067.jpg
Views:	1842
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	49244   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0075.jpg
Views:	1859
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	49245   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0085.jpg
Views:	1879
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	49246  

Name:	DSCN0091.jpg
Views:	1864
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	49247   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0094.jpg
Views:	1854
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	49248   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0104.jpg
Views:	1880
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	49249   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0109.jpg
Views:	1849
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	49250   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0111.jpg
Views:	1852
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	49251  

Edited at 07:53 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 13, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day great haircut
Old 29 Jun 13, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
First Timer 12
Dibbing with Tink

Lovely day thanks for sharing with us. Looking forward to reading about legoland as we are visiting this year for 1st time. Didn't get to visit it last year
Old 1 Jul 13, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by First Timer 12 View Post
Lovely day thanks for sharing with us. Looking forward to reading about legoland as we are visiting this year for 1st time. Didn't get to visit it last year
will try get legoland on in next day or so
Old 1 Jul 13, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I took my 2 oldest to that Mcd's away back in 1996, hope its been done up since then LOL
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 13, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
florida mad
Apprentice Imagineer

florida mad's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A fab first day, nice pic of you all in front of the castle agree about the big Mcds
Old 4 Jul 13, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Lovely first day, some super photo's.
Old 4 Jul 13, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
A good first day
Old 4 Jul 13, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

Lovely day.

Dee
xx
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 13, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by shirley View Post
I took my 2 oldest to that Mcd's away back in 1996, hope its been done up since then LOL

probably not lol from what we saw