Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Jul 13, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

The “We Can’t Miss Dunkin Donuts Out This Time” Trip! June 2013 - Day 1 Seaworld

Day 1 - Seaworld

We were all pretty much awake by 5am today, not my favourite thing to be fair, but I knew it would take a few days. Breakfast consisted on Crunchy Nut, Toast, Pop Tarts, Juice & Tea. Not all for me I promise! We all just took our time getting ready and we left the villa at 8:20 to get to Seaworld for opening. We had to collect our Islands of Adventure tickets at 8:30 on the way, which was only at the bottom of the road, however it wasn’t where we thought it was. Dad assumed it was in the UPS store, but when he went in and asked they said it wasn’t them. However they didn’t tell him where to go. I spotted a tourist info place and suggested we try there but no-one listened and off we went to seaworld, more on that later.

We got there pretty much for opening and Matthew wanted to ride Manta so we headed straight for that and off he went. We didn’t see him on the ride but we heard him scream! (He screams like a girl)

Me and Mum waiting for Matthew by Manta.

After this we’d wanted to go on Kracken but it was shut, we were told it was only supposed to be for an hour but unfortunately it turned out to be the whole day. I was disappointed. This is one of my favourite rides, however we were coming back later in the holiday as Summer Nights hadn’t started yet. We headed for the dolphin show, which turned out to be another false start as the Dolphin wasn’t interested in doing anything so they ended up cancelling the show! The trainer said they had something “very personal” going on. I’ll let you think of your own meaning for that.

We decided on Clyde and Seymour, now I’ve seen this twice before once in ‘09, and once in ’11 and I just don’t find it funny anymore, it’s the same jokes they are using. In fact no-one really found it funny and at points in the show, they guys were having to tell people to laugh. I definitely think this needs a revamp. I actually find the mime at the start funnier.

We went back for the next Dolphin show and this time every Dolphin was happy. I love the Blue Horizons music too!

We headed up to the Shamu stadium, grabbed some crisps and a drink at $6.16 and watched the show. I still find this show amazing, considering the trainers aren’t in the water anymore. I do miss this interaction, but I still well up everytime I watch this.

We headed back to the villa for a few hours in the pool which was much needed! We were flagging a little. Dad emailed the tickets place for our Universal tickets and guess what I was right to suggest we tried tourist info! That’s where it was.

We had all decided on Chilli’s tonight, this is our favourite restaurant. We called ahead and only had a 5 minute wait when we got there. Food was excellent as always, four of us did the 2 for $20 which I think is excellent value! Unfortunately I don't really take pictures of food, sorry guys!

Starters:

Me and Mum - Flatbread
Vicky & Hollie - Texas Cheese Fries
Matthew & Dad - Texas Cheese Fries

Mains:
Me - Chicken Tenders
Mum - Pasta
Hollie - Chicken Quesadillas
Vicky - Chicken Quesadillas
Dad - Rib Combo
Matthew - Original Ribs

$124 including tip for the 6 of us.

We tried stopping at Downtown Disney on the way back but there was absolutely no space at all so we headed home.

We were all in bed by 10pm truly shattered after our first day.

Animal Kingdom tomorrow

Day 2 - Animal Kingdom

Edited at 07:04 PM.
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I do love Chili's such great value, which one did you got to?

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Great day , few hiccups there at the start in SeaWorld, hope you got on Kraken the next time. Lovely photos
love Chilis - fab value for great food.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
I do love Chili's such great value, which one did you got to?
I honestly couldn't tell you My dad does the driving, so I just get in and out the car haha
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
First Timer 12
Dibbing with Tink

Lovely start to your holiday. Really looking forward to visiting seaworld this year
Old 2 Jul 13, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunshinekid
slightly serious Dibber

Yeah! A new trippie to read. Great Day 1 - thanks for sharing... heading off to find Travel Day.
Sunshinekid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Great day , we loved sw can't wait to go back

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Shame you didn't get to ride Kraken. I love Chili's though - really good food, and value too

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good first day
Old 4 Jul 13, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a fantastic first day, shame about Kraken not working though.

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List