Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Jul 13, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

The “We Can’t Miss Dunkin Donuts Out This Time” Trip! June 2013 - Day 2 Animal Kingdom

Day 2 – Animal Kingdom

We were all up by about 5:30am today, a bit later than yesterday, no excuses to be out late. We planned to leave the villa about 8:15, as we were picking up the Universal tickets today, remember when no-one could find it yesterday and I suggested we go and ask in the tourist info place that was two doors down and no-one listened to me. Well that’s where it was.

We got to Animal Kingdom just as it was opening; we were only staying on Indian Creek, so 15 minutes there via Sherberth Road! I can’t remember where we parked but we trammed it in. We wanted fastpasses for Expedition Everest. So after a few quick pictures, we marched off in that direction.

The fastpass was 10:50 so we got them then joined the queue which said 20 minutes, it was only about 10, practically walk on. This was Vicky’s first rollercoaster since Kracken was shut yesterday. Well I’ve never heard anyone scream anything like Vicky did. The rest of us were in stitches laughing at her! This unfortunately was to continue throughout the holiday. She loved it though! Here’s the picture, we’re too tight to buy them all so we snapped a picture of this one!

The first Lion King was 10:30 so went for this; we queued for about 10/15 minutes to get into camp Minnie Mickey with it not opening till 10am. We were first in the queue for Lion King! We didn’t have to wait too long either, I think they opened the doors about 10:15 and we were sat in the Lion section. Nope I didn’t join in making the noises I truly love this show, we’ve seen it twice before but it never gets old. It got me more excited to see Lion King again next year in Manchester.

After this we headed over to see the characters. First up was Donald Duck, we took photos of us 3 girls, then the 4 of us  Next up was Baloo and King Louie. My dad loves these characters. We decided to let our fastpasses pass and get some more later if we wanted to. This is one of the best character interactions I’ve ever had and I can’t thank the photographer enough for capturing it all. Both of them started dancing with the three of us and we all had such a laugh before we took our picture. Dad and Matthew went up next, King Louie took Matthews cap and Baloo was reading Dads t-shirt which said “I’d rather be grumpy than dopey” with a picture of grumpy on. II really loved this. Sorry for the amount of pictures, but it really was the best.

Pocahontas was there but we weren’t too fussed on her, so we headed for the safari before it got too late in the day to do this. On the way it was also our first trip to first aid, it wouldn’t be the last either, for plasters. Stupid shoes rubbing. When we got there the queue was super long so we grabbed some fastpasses and headed off for food. We ended up back at Pizzafari. I had a small pepperoni pizza; we already had water, so $10 fitted perfectly into my budget for the day. The pizza was lovely too.

Now it was time for me to buy my new sandals. Everytime we have been here I’ve worn converse one day and had to buy flip flops, usually in a Disney park. It was now the time. $16 lighter, I came out the shop feeling 100 times better. Now it was time for our Safari. For once we actually saw loads of animals. In fact one of the Rhinos clearly wanted us to stay as he stood in front of our jeep and refused to move for ages, it was pretty funny! He did eventually move.

The plan for the rest of the day was to go on Kali River Rapids, see Nemo, see the parade and ride Everest again if we could. One the way back from the Safari, we called at Everest, 20 minute queue, so we joined. Didn’t move quite as quickly as the morning one did, but we were on within 25 minutes I think.

By now we were getting extremely hot, Animal Kingdom is obviously more humid because of all the trees/water etc... and we were struggling a little. We said we’d miss Nemo and the parade out and we’d come back another afternoon later in the holiday to see these. We called at the rapids which had a 50 minute wait, so no thanks! Just as we were walking away it changed to 20, so we joined the queue. It moved a little bit but hardly. After 30 minutes, it was clear the ride wasn’t working so we decided we’d leave it.

The funniest part of today has to be Vickys arm turning blue off her top! She'd never worn it before and it was new, because it was so hot and sweaty the colour came off! Her new nickname was smurf!

We headed back to the villa for a dip in the pool and to shower/change.

Tonight’s choice of restaurant was The Outback Steakhouse. 5 minutes down the road, with us having an early start the next day, it was handy. We didn’t wait long at all for a table; however the place was extremely busy tonight.

Starters:
Me, Hollie and Vicky shared – Chicken Artichoke Flatbread
Mum & Dad shared – Bloomin Onion (Good job they shared)
Matthew – Aussie Cheese Fries.

Mains:
Me – Classic Cheeseburger
Vicky – Aged Cheddar Bacon Burger
Hollie – Aged Cheddar Bacon Burger
Matthew – Crispy Chicken Sandwhich
Dad – Sirloin Steak
Mum – Filet Foccacia Sandwhich

Drinks:
1 water
1 wine
2 beers
3 sprite

Everything was very nice, no room for pudding tonight. The bill came to (Inc tip) - $138.43

We nipped into wine Dixie afterwards, it was Hollies’ birthday tomorrow we so wanted a cake, some banners etc... You’d think a supermarket would have these things! All we managed to get was one little balloon and a cake. I wasn’t impressed really. We also needed matches to light the candles, now most places sell small boxes. Not Wine Dixie, they sell boxes of 1000! We had no choice but to buy them

We were all in bed by 10pm, ready for our early start tomorrow

Magic Kingdom & Hollie's Birthday

Day 3 - Magic Kingdom

Edited at 11:35 AM.
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Oh dear , what will you do with 1000 matches !
Great morning there at AK - loving those character pics and sounds like Everest and the Safari were a real hit - Hope you got to do those other things another time
Poor feet with rubbing shoes - I am "breaking in" some holiday shoes at the moment - they are killing me and wont be coming if this keeps up !
Dinner sounds brilliant value for all that food.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Never really rated AK until last year, we really enjoyed it.
Bloomin Onion... yum!

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
First Timer 12
Dibbing with Tink

Another great day. Fab pics
Old 2 Jul 13, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Some lovely pics with the characters and food looked lovely x

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsbigbeak View Post
Some lovely pics with the characters and food looked lovely x
It did look lovely, unfortunately I can't comment on how nice it was as I don't like onion, so I didn't try them
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jul 13, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Super photo's, great first day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
CastMember5
Excited about Disney

I love that you all weren't too fussed by Pocahontus, that made me chuckle Really enjoying your report.
Old 3 Jul 13, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by CastMember5 View Post
I love that you all weren't too fussed by Pocahontus, that made me chuckle Really enjoying your report.
hahah glad I make people laugh! I think I watched the film when I was younger but it's not one I have now and to be honest I don't know the story

Awwh thanks, I wasn't sure whether to do it or not because I've never done one before, but I've enjoyed writing it
Old 3 Jul 13, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day