Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Jul 13, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

The “We Can’t Miss Dunkin Donuts Out This Time” Trip! June 2013 - Day 13 Shopping/Epcot/Seaworld

Day 13 - Shopping/Epcot/SeaWorld

There were a few more shops we wanted to head to this morning, before we headed back to epcot to look around world showcase. Today was really a day for finishing off things we'd missed.

Now this morning was the perfect day to go to dunkin donuts! I said we wouldn't miss it, and we didn't. Not everyone wanted it, but I’ve waited a long time for this We just got a bag of 6 and shared them, my gosh they are good, I love donuts from Asda at home, but after eating these again, I'm not sure I'll ever buy Asda ones again.

Us enjoying our long awaited donuts!

We then headed to a surf shop that Matthew wanted to go, there was one of the gift shops next door, which have all the older Disney stuff in, so a few of us headed in there while Matthew went next door. I like these shops, because you can pick up some real good Disney bargains in there. I bought a cute little bag, a keyring for my Dad and a Minnie Mouse luggage tag. I also got a free Orlando pen for my custom! Maybe they don't get much? It's kind of on its own, with only the surf shop and Nike store I think?

Next up was Michaels! I absolutely love this shop and it's where I got my scrapbooking stuff from the last two trips so this was a must do. I could spend an absolute fortune in there. I found a lovely Mickey Mouse scrapbook which was $30, which to me was too expensive so I put it back down but Dad said he'd go halves and when we got to the till it was only $17! So with the scrapbook and stickers we spent $52, yes I really did spend that much on stickers. Oh and I bought a packet of extra pages which were $5. It’s so worth it though because you can’t really get stuff like it at home. We were chatting to the lady on the till who was asking about shops back home and apart from Hobby craft there really isn’t anywhere. Not with all Disney stickers & books anyway. She couldn’t believe it. Plus there isn’t even a Hobby Craft near me haha.

After this we headed to Epcot. We had planned to be at Epcot for 11, when world showcase opened, it was 12pm when we arrived in the car park. We stopped for a picture with Goofy on the way in too, Hollie stepped on his foot (oops!) although the queue was extremely long! I was told to put my thumbs up and forgot, oooops! This is the photopass version so no-one has their thumb up.

Mum and Dad had already headed off to see the show in Canada and we were catching them up. Now I somehow ended up walking there virtually on my own, Matthew had said to meet them at England, so as I was walking there, the other girls seemed to stop walking to look at something without me realizing and when I finally got round to England I couldn't find them or my Mum and Dad who were wandering through the shops. Oh this is not my day! After about ten minutes, I managed to locate everyone and we carried on walking through world showcase. We didn't stop at every country as it seemed to be getting extremely hot today. First stop was France, and we decided to go and watch the show they have. Or if you are me, have a 10 minute kip! I found this just as boring as the American Adventure one. Apparently my Dad was telling me you've been there, there & there but I didn't hear him. We'd planned to do the ride in Norway but this was about a 30 minute queue and with us not planning on staying in Epcot long, we decided to give it a miss.

Some of us were getting hungry now, so Me, Matthew, Hollie & Vicky headed round to China for food, while Dad and Mum stayed in Germany. Once we got to China, we stopped here for food. Hollie had the egg rolls, which she wasn’t sure of at first, but she said she actually enjoyed them. Me and Matthew shared the Orange Chicken and Rice, at first he said he wanted his own, but I told him there was no way I'd eat it all, and afterwards he said I was right to get one to share. Oh I do love being right! After meeting up with the others we just headed to Mexico to do the ride there, and it was a walk on pretty much. 5 minutes at the most.

I enjoyed watching these guys, although much to my Mum and Dads horror I turned to them and said "they're playing Barney" They looked at me with absolute disgust! I used to watch Barney all the time as a kid

It was time to call it a day at Epcot. I'd of loved to gotten some more fastpasses for Soarin or Test Track, but we just didn't have time. We stopped in Mouse Gear on the way out to look for a photo album, we still hadn't got one. None that we liked in there but we did end up with Candy Floss, Jelly Beans and four antenna toppers for the car. We only have 2 cars, but they were 2 for $8 and I want one for when I hopefully pass my test later in the year and hopefully get myself a car. I'll definitely have one before we go back to Orlando anyway. But yes everyone laughed at me so you can too :P

With it being our last full day, we wanted one last dip in the pool, as tomorrow we were checking in and heading to Magic Kingdom for our last day. We needed to be out earlier for dinner tonight as we were heading to SeaWorld to watch Shamu Rocks.

The plan was to be at Chilli's for half 6, I’m sure you guessed we were late as usual. We always try to eat at chillis, the first and last night as it is by far our favourite restaurant. The ribs are just amazing Although only 15 minutes, we called ahead but there was no wait at all and we were seated by 6:45. The food tonight was:

Starters:
Me/Hollie/Vicky – Texas Cheese Fries
Matthew – Potato Skins
Mum/Dad – Crispy Onion

Mains:
Mum – Chicken Fajitas
Dad – Mango Chile Chicken
Matthew – Fajita Trio
Hollie – Crispy Tacos
Me – Half Rack of Ribs
Vicky – Chicken Quesadillas

Desert:
Matthew – Brownie Sundae (I had a little taste and it was nice but no way could I have eaten one.)

Drinks:
4 Sprite
2 Sam Adams
2 Margaritas
The total bill for tonight(inc tip) = $125

We'd finished by 8 and were on our way to SeaWorld.

We'd gotten some great seats at the back of the Shamu stadium, right in the middle about 8:20pm. Once we'd all swapped around and been to the toilets etc... it was nearly 9pm. I love this show and I must admit when the slower song (You and Me?) was playing and the trainer was down at the front with the Whale, I started to cry. I'm not sure it was the actual show, but I think I'd had such a great holiday with my family and friends, despite a couple of hiccups, we all had an amazing time and watching this knowing it was our last night just got me emotional. In some ways it would of been good if we'd not been doing MK tomorrow as this would have been a perfect end to the holiday.

Sorry it's a bit dark but this is one of my favourite pictures of the whole holiday

As it was only 9:25 when the show finished, and with kracken being shut on our first day, we decided to whizz over there and see if we could get on before closing at 10pm. It took us a while to get over there, getting lost in the dark, it's amazing how different it all is at night. Anyway we got there about 9:40 and they were still letting people on. The queue was walk on as you can imagine, ride loaded up and off we went. Now Vicky has tried rides while we've been here but this by far is the biggest, she took a bit of persuading, but she came on and loved it! The picture is just hilarious. Hollie wasn't keen so she stayed with our bags, my Dad wasn't keen either but I'd waited all holiday, I didn't want to pass up this chance, so just me, Matthew & Vicky went on This ride is so much better in the dark, we even got told if we switched rows we could go again, but we resisted.

I've really enjoyed this holiday, and us three haven't fallen out, which people say happens a lot when you go away with friends, I loved being here with them, showing them all the things I’ve talked about for years. I know they've enjoyed it just as much as me, but I think by the end of the holiday they were really feeling the tiredness and heat, it's definitely hard going the first time, whereas maybe because I've been before I can deal with a bit better. I just really hope they enjoyed it as much as I always do. We've been as a family of four once, then once with my auntie, uncle and cousin. Now my Auntie's told us to start saving for summer 2015, but I actually think I'd like for the four of us to go on our own next time, and possibly in Feb/March time when it's quieter. Who knows where we'll be in 2015 though!

We got back and finished the last bits of packing. Me and Mum emptied the fridge, bins etcc... Matthew disappeared to his room, & I think Dad was checking us in online, so they didn't really help. Then we all got on with our packing We soon realized we didn't have enough space :/ We usually bring out 3 cases and take 4 back, but we ended up bringing 4 out. I'm not sure why because we didn't have anymore than usual. Wine Dixie was shut by now, we were due to leave at 7:50 tomorrow, so we'd have to quickly stop on the way to Downtown Disney for check in, then empty a few things out of each case when we got there. We also did online check-in, I was not impressed to find Virgin had moved us from the bubble, so I walked round huffing and puffing whilst I finished packing. I do this at home too when things don't go right We had to pick seats downstairs so picked row 47, no-one behind us and by the galley. I did say I'd speak to someone in the morning about it though as I wasn't happy.

We all headed to bed about 12pm, ready for our last day tomorrow

Day 14 - Magic Kingdom/The Last Day

Edited at 06:47 PM.
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another long but good day
Old 3 Jul 13, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Oh dear , bit of a mixed day there at Epcot but a much better evening at SeaWorld and yay, you did get to go on Kraken. Bit of a nightmare on the packing front and the seats- not a great end
Shame that the heat and tiredness took its toll - as you say, it does take a bit of getting used to !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 13, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Glad you got your donuts and a ride on Kraken

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 13, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Phew! I'm so relieved you got your Dunkin Donuts.. I was getting worried there!

Last days are always a bit weird, what with wanting to enjoy your last day, but feeling sad at the same time. Glad you really enjoyed the Shamu show though, and got to ride Kraken!

We also have a Chili's tradition - 1st day lunch! I love it there, one of the best restaurants I think

Hope you get your plane seats sorted out tomorrow

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 13, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Phew! I'm so relieved you got your Dunkin Donuts.. I was getting worried there!

Last days are always a bit weird, what with wanting to enjoy your last day, but feeling sad at the same time. Glad you really enjoyed the Shamu show though, and got to ride Kraken!

We also have a Chili's tradition - 1st day lunch! I love it there, one of the best restaurants I think

Hope you get your plane seats sorted out tomorrow
Haha, I was getting worried too while we were there

Chili's is by far the best restaurant in my opinion, it's just such good food isn't it We first went back in about 2003 in Boston when we stayed with my cousin and it was just as good then
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 13, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Stay, you got your donuts & managed Kracken! A pretty good day!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List